Green Day to play NiFi Music Fest - CANCELLED

Sanity Loan

Ever since I booked my flights I've been concerned is would get cancelled tbh.

Green day must have known for a long time that nifi is shit/it was never going to happen.

I just really, really, really want them to do some sort of show that weekend. I have kinda spent a lot of money on this ha.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omg I only just heard about it... WHAAAT?

I wasn't even going but I am shocked :shok: I'm so sorry for you guys!

Disappointed for sure, but like someone else had said it hadn't really set in yet...I'm definitely not reacting the way I did ten years ago when the Dayton American Idiot show was cancelled, and then rescheduled...twice :P

That being said, the Cincinnati area would love to have them play! I wish I could set that up, haha.

Wow that sucks, especially for you guys who were planning to go! Hopefully Green Day play a show as a replacement :) The name of this thread needs changing haha

Kinda expected them to try downsizing the festival before outright cancelling it.

Nifi are a bit shit.

I was planning on going, the place is only an hour or so away from me and being from Southern Indiana, it'd be the closest I'd ever see them I'm sure. so I hope they do do some sort of show near here! That really sucks for you guys who booked tickets, I'm sorry for you all :/

Kinda expected them to try downsizing the festival before outright cancelling it.

Nifi are a bit shit.

How does one "downsize" a festival? Securing a venue in the first place is incredibly complicated, and trying to find a smaller one because you booked Kentucky Speedway for a concert that would barely fill a Kentucky Fried Chicken for the exact same days in the same geographic area is just shy of impossible.

I got a refund for the cabins! I'm spending it all on gambling and booze tonight, so wish me luck! :D

All EXCEPT $23 bitch

"ALL ON RED" -- Paul the chicken hawk

I still don't know why you lot didn't keep the cabins and go to Bumfucky anyway for a reunion tour.

Brandon just won $125 on the slots, which means we've now broken even on our gambling expenses for our Vegas trip so far. I'm about to write Nifi Fest a thank you letter. :lol:

Who am I kidding? We're gonna blow it all once we start drinking anyway. :P

Still angry that we never played Tubthumping while we were in Cleveland :mad:

what??? how did this happen?????

I still don't know why you lot didn't keep the cabins and go to Bumfucky anyway for a reunion tour.

why keep the bumfucky cabins when we could spend our money on something more convenient and less bumfucky? :D i'm putting my $23 straight into the prick meetup fund!!

Brandon just won $125 on the slots, which means we've now broken even on our gambling expenses for our Vegas trip so far. I'm about to write Nifi Fest a thank you letter. :lol:

Who am I kidding? We're gonna blow it all once we start drinking anyway. :P

not just booze, buffets too.

Uhhhh I hope the fees are included in the refund. I'll be chill though cause I didn't book flights last night out of impulse...I was SO close to doing it.

Great job nifail.

They should play Bridgestone in Nashville. It's three hours away from the original site but it's an arena and in the same general area. And people would actually show up to that one.

Also: hahahahahahaha Nifi, this gave me such a kick, what a great festival

im still going

There's another festival there called Moon Tower that's plugging itself pretty hard on the NiFi page. I don't recognize any names from the lineup, which means it's probably all country.

I already had an adorable $8 concert dress picked out, too... :(

There's another festival there called Moon Tower that's plugging itself pretty hard on the NiFi page. I don't recognize any names from the lineup, which means it's probably all country.

I just suggested to Moon Tower that they need to bring Green Day into their festival and that it'll be the best decision they've ever made. :P

Here's their response:

"We'll see what magic we can work - we are booked solid for music during the day running sets from 11a-11p but maybe a late night show or an additional location... who knows! ;) Stay tuned"

Here's to being hopeful..!!

I already had an adorable $8 concert dress picked out, too... :(

Then Brandon needs to take you out to show off the dress.

I just suggested to Moon Tower that they need to bring Green Day into their festival and that it'll be the best decision they've ever made. :P

Here's their response:

"We'll see what magic we can work - we are booked solid for music during the day running sets from 11a-11p but maybe a late night show or an additional location... who knows! ;) Stay tuned"

Here's to being hopeful..!!

Can a small festival afford them?

Holy shit! Thank god I waited to book my tickets for 3 nights. I was going to book them on my day off of work on Friday. I do hope they do something for people that did get plane tickets and hotel rooms. I was just going to drive down and see them, and it would have been my 3rd time this year seeing them live. Sucks major asshole honestly. Praying that Green Day will play a secret show so I can drive down anyway.

Can a small festival afford them?

Hmm.. Who knows?? But I'll keep my fingers crossed! Im surprised they even replied, and it's intriguing that they responded that way.. "Stay tuned." I think they know better not to let a bunch of Green Day fans down, especially after NiFail. So I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that some kind of magic happens! :)

It's still on Green Day's website :P

http://www.greenday.com/tour

Todd busted me...

Ok I paid the NiFi people to say it was canceled so I could be the only one there so it would be just a private festival for me

See I hate people I hate crowds hate being in crowds even if it's just ten people can't stand it so I've paid NiFi to say it was canceled so it'll be just me

• Second favourite son locked this topic

Archived