Green Day to play NiFi Music Fest - CANCELLED

Sanity Loan

According to Billboard, Green Day are set to headline the inaugural NiFi Music Fest this August in Kentucky.
The new music festival, put on by Nitro Fidelity and Speedway Motorsports Inc., is set to take place August 28-30 at the Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky. Other headliners to join Green Day are Miranda Lambert and Kings of Leon. Additional acts at the three day festival include Weezer, Flogging Molly, Spoon, Bleachers, and more contemporary rock and country acts.
Tickets to the festival go on sale May 28th at 10:00am ET for $245 and are good for all three days. Tickets will be available for purchase through NiFi's website.
The festival is the first of potentially more similar festivals to take place at other Speedway Motorsports Inc.-owned tracks in the US. Whether Green Day would play those, who knows.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the fuck did they choose the pic where Billie looks older than in any other pic of him known to man? Very cool news though!

I really wish I lived in Kentucky right now. But, at least they are starting to tour again. Please NY next.

Fairly shitty lineup, but considering it's basically in Hannah's backyard we'll probably end up going if we have money.

I'm legitimately impressed that the people who put this festival together managed to create such a completely shitty line-up. It's not worth upwards of $300, even with Green Day in the line-up.

Green Day is going to be playing less than two hours away from me but it's a festival that may or may not have single day passes and is happening after I'll have already started back to college. Well. Unexpected and pretty random news.

Darn. If I still worked for my old company I could get in as an employee. They are the food vendor for alll those speedways. Such is life.

I'm legitimately impressed that the people who put this festival together managed to create such a completely shitty line-up. It's not worth upwards of $300, even with Green Day in the line-up.

Yeah can't see us paying 600 quid to see Green Day, plus about 3 other decent bands, over 3 days. Not fucking worth it.

So the tickets go on sale tomorrow. You have to love their timing. The festival promoters are probably kissing GD's asses as we speak.

My question is, why is Green Day agreeing to play this shit hole?

I mean, it'll be hilarious for them to perform American Idiot while surrounded by everything that inspired American Idiot, but that's the only upside I can see :P

I mean, it'll be hilarious for them to perform American Idiot while surrounded by everything that inspired American Idiot, but that's the only upside I can see :P

Maybe that's why, they're thinking about getting back to political stuff and they're using this to show that.

My question is, why is Green Day agreeing to play this shit hole?

The speedway sponsors are kind of a big deal too. And as Céadóg said $ talks so they were probably offered a lot.

verbal to cdog for the classical, yet all too predictable boardbreaker.

Softest verbal I've ever scored, and I've copped plenty of cheap ones. Lame.

verbal to Ola for derailing the thread with mod nonsense.

Fuck it doesn't look like there'll be daypasses, which is the only way I'd even consider this thing.

yeah, i'll only consider it if they have day passes. we'll see, i guess....

Why the fuck did they choose the pic where Billie looks older than in any other pic of him known to man? Very cool news though!

It's a terrible photo, at least its in action though. None of the "recent" photoshoots are any good imo.

MyT6wxh.png

6 hour drive, entire weekend, $300 dollars... ugh. I want to go but I don't.

• Second favourite son locked this topic

Archived