Wedding Song Appeal

alba88george

Hi guys,

Ive been scouring the internet looking for a solo acoustic version of a few of green day's songs for my wedding day.

Does anyone know if any of these have ever been recorded in said format, and if so, where I can get my hands on them.

When it's Time

Church on Sunday

Last Night on Earth

21 Guns

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of those have official acoustic versions, but people often release mixes on Youtube and Soundcloud using their own recorded music and Billie's vocals. It'd definitely be worth scouring music hosting sites for the song you need.

The only other thing you could do would be to use live versions, though as far as I know that'd only be an option for When It's Time and LNOE. There's a professionally recorded acoustic of When It's Time from Manchester LCCC that would just need some talking cut off the beginning (I haven't tried this link but I assume it's included here - otherwise have a look on Youtube). There's also the American Idiot musical version of When It's Time, but that might not work as a wedding song.

I'm not sure if Billie ever played LNOE entirely acoustic live, the band usually came in later in the song, but there's a professional recording of it that's partially acoustic and you could rip it from this video.

Fifteen's song Liberation and Sweet Valentine is a nice fit.

When It's Time was played live as a solo acoustic piece, so if you scour Youtube, I'd bet you could find a relatively clean one without a ton of crowd noise, but there will be some for obvious reasons. Church on Sunday would be, I'd imagine, just short of impossible to find--never played as a solo acoustic live as far as I know, and it hasn't been released in multitrack format for Rock Band (again, afaik). Matt, who's on the forum here as Matt., did a nice, clean acoustic remix of Last Night on Earth using the 21CB multitracks that strips it down as close to solo acoustic as that song will ever get. I haven't heard a Green Day acoustic version of 21 Guns, and if my memory is correct, the acoustic guitar was blended with the electric guitar in the Rock Band multitrack. Ceadog's suggestion of hunting for someone who's laid down their own guitar underneath Billie Joe's vocals might be your best bet.

I made an acoustic mix of "Last Night on Earth" from the track's stems and it's pretty awesome, to be honest. Don't know if it's possible to share?

I was actually going to use it at my wedding :lol:

When It's Time was played live as a solo acoustic piece, so if you scour Youtube, I'd bet you could find a relatively clean one without a ton of crowd noise, but there will be some for obvious reasons. Church on Sunday would be, I'd imagine, just short of impossible to find--never played as a solo acoustic live as far as I know, and it hasn't been released in multitrack format for Rock Band (again, afaik). Matt, who's on the forum here as Matt., did a nice, clean acoustic remix of Last Night on Earth using the 21CB multitracks that strips it down as close to solo acoustic as that song will ever get. I haven't heard a Green Day acoustic version of 21 Guns, and if my memory is correct, the acoustic guitar was blended with the electric guitar in the Rock Band multitrack. Ceadog's suggestion of hunting for someone who's laid down their own guitar underneath Billie Joe's vocals might be your best bet.

Just realized you just said this

Isn't there a good live acoustic version of "when it's time" that a radio station in Manchester played after their gig at old Trafford cricket ground in 2010?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y5XZUutlNk&sns=em

Edit: This video has the audio that was released by that radio station. It's realy good quality and audio mp3 is actually in the download links on this forum here, source 1

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/92307-20100616-lancashire-county-cricket-ground-manchester-england/

My brother and his wife danced to When It's Time for their first dance. It was awesome.

i had Pulling Teeth played at my wedding :bunny:

Your the best new member :D is your wife a GD fan

i'd have to be dreaming to get a green day song played at my wedding.

or even get married for that matter!

haha.

i'd have to be dreaming to get a green day song played at my wedding.

or even get married for that matter!

haha.

lol - the bride always gets her way.

Anyways WICA was played at my wedding but I am so old I better start thinking about funeral songs :dry:

Your the best new member :D is your wife a GD fan

thank u sir, and yea she is. not as big of a fan as i am but she will listen to dookie and nimrod. tryin to get her on that insomniac and kerplunk lolol

thank u sir, and yea she is. not as big of a fan as i am but she will listen to dookie and nimrod. tryin to get her on that insomniac and kerplunk lolol

Don't forget ai and 21 cb, they need some love too

He doesn't like 21CB - get with the program :ninja:

He doesn't like 21CB - get with the program :ninja:

I'm trying to convert him

AI is great. Still tryin' to warm up to 21CB.. starting to like the live versions a good bit

Thank god that I'll be the bride when I get married so I will be able to choose to have GD played at my wedding. No exceptions ;)

Just found this for ya. I dunno if this is Matt's version of it that Pikachu was talking about, but I think it's definitely pretty damn close to what you want, albeit with the band joining in later.

EDIT: NOPE!!! That was a Rock Band instrumental, and I almost forgot they were against the guidelines!!! Sorry about that! PM me for the link, alba.

Archived