Walking contradiction - Green Day and the way they contradict themselves.

Hero_Of_The_Hour

So I have about a million examples of Green Day members saying things then contradicting themselves months or years later and I'm sure you guys do to. Some are amusing some downright annoying! This topic is a chance to post some of their sillier or most outragous or whatever contradictions we've noticed over the years :lol:

11272993_1104868616206873_79513866_n.jpg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeling angry about certain aspects of how technology has changed things and expressing that with an extreme statement and then using that technology for a totally different purpose that's unrelated to the aspects he was referring to isn't really an example of a contradiction.

There's a million examples of most people changing their minds about things months or years later, just not as well documented for people who aren't famous. It's part of being a human who experiences different things, hears new information and thinks about things differently as time passes, and there's nothing wrong with it. Is sometimes amusing to see the contrast though :P. What was the interview where Billie said there'd be a Broadway musical of American Idiot "over my dead body"? :lol: That's my favourite.

I have one: Before:

Billie:

"[on what he would like to do instead of music] I've done some producing, that I can do. But acting for me, I'm pretty sure I don't know how to do that. I really don't want to go through a process of trying to figure out how to do it. I think as soon as you start acting that realness of you that people love is gone because you're pretending to be something else on screen"

From: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Talk:Billie_Joe_Armstrong

And After:

15489338449_e600d52318_b.jpg

I have one: Before:

Billie:

"[on what he would like to do instead of music] I've done some producing, that I can do. But acting for me, I'm pretty sure I don't know how to do that. I really don't want to go through a process of trying to figure out how to do it. I think as soon as you start acting that realness of you that people love is gone because you're pretending to be something else on screen"

From: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Talk:Billie_Joe_Armstrong

And After:

15489338449_e600d52318_b.jpg

That's kind of a nice one, he challenged himself and did something he didn't think he could do before, and found enjoyment/inspiration in it that he didn't think was there.

Feeling angry about certain aspects of how technology has changed things and expressing that with an extreme statement and then using that technology for a totally different purpose that's unrelated to the aspects he was referring to isn't really an example of a contradiction.

There's a million examples of most people changing their minds about things months or years later, just not as well documented for people who aren't famous. It's part of being a human who experiences different things, hears new information and thinks about things differently as time passes, and there's nothing wrong with it. Is sometimes amusing to see the contrast though :P. What was the interview where Billie said there'd be a Broadway musical of American Idiot "over my dead body"? :lol: That's my favourite.

Steve Jobs was the CEO of APPLE though...he didn't invent technology!! It was an epic Billie fail! Here we have him blaming a guy for inventing technology itself! Duh Billie. Billie has a problem with technology or aspects of it fine. He made a dick of himself by making a disgusting statment about a dying father of four...fine. However he probably should have bought a different brand of laptop if he hates Apple so much then being that Steve Jobs is so evil and all :lol:

Actually never heard that he said that about the musical OMG i need to see that :lol::lol:

I don't think the Steve Jobs thing was ever really an accurate reflection of Billie's opinions. He's said he was heavily under the influence at the time (which is kind of obvious, I don't think he's just saying that) and is really embarrassed about it. It was a shitty thing to say but I don't blame him now I know the circumstances.

Billie himself admitted it was a stupid one in one of his interviews... one need to think hard before letting words out of mouth when he gets to be that famous...

I don't know, the Steve jobs issue has been brought up many times and it's all been over with, even though I think it wasn't good of him to say at all, I'm over it. Didn't this happen 5 years ago?

A+ thread idea, st_trillie.

My favorite contradiction of Billie's is when he said Adrienne was the only woman he'd ever love, then turned right around and told Hannah he loved her in front of like 1000 people.

A+ thread idea, st_trillie.

My favorite contradiction of Billie's is when he said Adrienne was the only woman he'd ever love, then turned right around and told Hannah he loved her in front of like 1000 people.

WHAT??? WHO IS HANNAH???

Forgive him, he's got such a cute bum.

HAHAHAHHAAH

Fangirl!! :eyebrows::P

HAHAHAHHAAH

Fangirl!! :eyebrows::P

I've never been called that before. You clearly need to walk around that foggy roundabout a few more times to gain some perspective.

What was the interview where Billie said there'd be a Broadway musical of American Idiot "over my dead body"? :lol: That's my favourite.

Yeah, that's the one that sticks out to me the most.

her username on here is prick :)

LOL, what a lucky chick!! :D Was it filmed?

I Think Billie Joe mostly is an Hypocrite.!!

A sell out as well. What would you expect from him?

At House of Blues: "This is the last time I'm going to be this close to you for a little while," etc.

Crowd panics.

Less than a month later, Green Day plays a show at 924 Gilman. Alrighty then. :lol:

At House of Blues: "This is the last time I'm going to be this close to you for a little while," etc.

Crowd panics.

Less than a month later, Green Day plays a show at 924 Gilman. Alrighty then. :lol:

This is why I don't take anything he says seriously. :lol:

Crowd panics.

he obviously gets bored.

Archived