John Joseph Lydon takes aim at Green Day again

FalcoLombardi

John Lydon's a dickwad. I like God Save The Queen, but aside from that his voice is just so shit it takes away from the rest of the sound, which I actually like. Billie was right, they do it better.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok...John's clearly a dick and that's hardly arguable but songs like God Save The Queen were the equivilant to American Idiot when they came out and caused major controvery in the UK and beyond at the time. They had a major impact socially and few who even remotely enjoy or appreciate punk would call that song or indeed many others on that album "shit". Even if you don't like his vocal style or something their lyrics stand out on that song and several others. Their existence was brief but their songs were good. There is a reason they are widely recognised. It isn't just image or hype.

Meh, Pretty Vacant, Anarchy in the UK and God Save the Queen are all good--mostly from sheer force of personality--but the rest of their stuff is irritating at best.

I'm probably one of the only people on here who can say this :mellow: but I've seen the Sex Pistols live, and they are fucking great. Admittedly not with Sid, but still. Say what you want about the songwriting, they're a quality live band.

Journalists are familiar with past comments he's made regarding Green Day, so when he's interviewed they take the opportunity to poke him with the GD stick and see what they get. Over the years several of these type of threads have appeared, and inevitably people post about what a dick they think he is. I've met him twice, and I like him. He's funny, smart, and a lot of what you see portrayed in the media is for effect.

I like John Lydon, I've met him before and he gave me the best advice i'll ever receive from anyone (actually, he was relaying a message I've already received from BJ, so Billie gets credit for that XD). But seriously, he needs to FUCK OFF!!! what a fucking hypocrite, mr anarchist butterman telling other bands they aren't relevant and aren't Punk. As I said, I do like John Lydon but he's really making my blood boil at the moment

Let's not forget Sir Punk also did this shite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjUEjuBu5yc&sns=em

He truly is the punkiest punk to ever be punk. Cunt!

One more dick and two cunts and then I've got bingo.

He's a cunt

He's a dick

He's a cunt

There, I helped you get bingo :happy:

I love seeing Green Day fans angry about Johnny. Y'all are so cute. :wub:

I'm probably one of the only people on here who can say this :mellow: but I've seen the Sex Pistols live

So jealous right now.

Let's not forget Sir Punk also did this shite

He truly is the punkiest punk to ever be punk. Cunt!

And to complete the set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTgVLDvS_GI

Lol, hark who's talking. Didn't he film a butter advertisement a while back? I like the Sex Pistols but Johnny is an honest-to-God prick.

Picturing Johnny Rotten chasing all of the members of Green Day out of a room made me laugh out loud

The Sex Pistols were literally a manufactured band whose only real contributor was the guitarist. This guy is nuts.

How….how do actual…Judge Judy….I am so perplexed. How did actual famous people end up on Judge Judy?? How does that even happen?? Is it like Celebrity Jeopardy? Who does that?

PS - I love Judge Judy

The Sex Pistols were literally a manufactured band whose only real contributor was the guitarist. This guy is nuts.

They actually kicked out their most talented member, Glen Matlock, for being too good on the bass. Uncoincedentally, every song they wrote without him (except Holidays In The Sun) was complete crap.

Don't know why punk fans think the Sex Pistols are so great.

Picturing Johnny Rotten chasing all of the members of Green Day out of a room made me laugh out loud

Some people are asking about the fashion show incident, so here is the interview relating to that. Lydon's comments were:

Interviewer:

What do you think of new punk rock bands?

Lydon:

I hope you don't mean Green Day.

Interviewer:

I could add Green Day to the list.

Lydon:

Good. I'll explain it like this: There is a coathanger with leather jackets and studs. A vacuous statement.

Previously done better, didn't need to be duplicated and watered-down. That's the present Green Day.

I don't believe them at all. I find them very foolish. I chased them out of a room once.

Interviewer:

Why?

Lydon:

Because they turned up at a fashion award which I didn't believe in, and couldn't believe they believed in being there.

Anarchy In The UK is a great song

Other than that fuck em

It's just "newsjacking." Irrelevant person injects himself into relevant news story (in this case, Green Day's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame). Paparazzi flock to said irrelevant person to record/publish their comments. Suddenly irrelevant person is "relevant" in their mind.

Either way, he's a cunt.

Archived