Green Day's solos

Grinch

Go ahead and post videos of Billie, Mike, or Tre playing solos or center-of-attention parts of songs showing off their instrumental skill or vocal skill! This is the video I'll use for example.

This was actually my 2nd idea for a solo to put in the OP

1:53-2:03 Tre's best drumming moment, it's even better than the studio version!

The solos are good but the words "epic" and "insane" are overstatements lol

I know Tre gets plenty of solo drum time when Billie takes some breaks away from his Hey'Ohs, but that's all I've seen.

Every solo Billie "improvises" live is exactly the same, he basically just changes the key and a few notes. His guitar playing has regressed so much over the years that he couldn't even play Dry Ice properly at HOB. It's actually kinda sad.

I stand by what I said yesterday, nothing beats this. I have no idea who plays it, I assume it's either Billie or Jason, anyway it's my all time favorite solo.

https://youtu.be/T0DcImqIYZ8?t=117

It's Jason, Billie doesn't play guitar for the Tubbies. It could be Kevin Preston, but White is the designated lead guitarist so probably not.

I've always loved Jason Freese's sax solo in Static Age for live performance ^^ (2:25)

(Yes I know it's not Billie Joe, Mike or Tré :P )

I've always loved Jason Freese's sax solo in Static Age for live performance ^^ (2:25)

(Yes I know it's not Billie Joe, Mike or Tré :P )

That was about the only thing they could do to make it sound even more like Born To Run. I love it.

The solos are good but the words "epic" and "insane" are overstatements lol

Sorry about the overstatement. Fixed the video's title to a more general title.

It's Jason, Billie doesn't play guitar for the Tubbies. It could be Kevin Preston, but White is the designated lead guitarist so probably not.

*live

One reason why I love SOSH so much is because of Billie's guitar solos. Although they aren't "insane" or "epic," they're still awesome.

One of my favorites at 1:40

Can't help but play air guitar! :P

The trilogy solos were a bit repetitive for me. All of them started 'in time' with the lyrics, then got a bit faster, then had some bends or fast hammer ons, then slowed down again

The trilogy solos were a bit repetitive for me. All of them started 'in time' with the lyrics, then got a bit faster, then had some bends or fast hammer ons, then slowed down again

aka the universal billie joe solo

aka the universal billie joe solo

Meh, not universal. WMUWSE's solo doesn't follow the lyrics

the exception to the rule :P

And The Judge's Daughter ;) I'm sure there are more exceptions and more that follow the pattern but I can't think of any and I can't be bothered

Archived