Brandon Flowers labels the Killers as the best band of the last 15 years

FalcoLombardi

This is coming from a dude whose band released two decent albums about 10 years ago, and fuck all since then. Plus he collects his facial hair in a bag. I don't really think we should set much store by what he says.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder when people learn that quality does not equal with popularity^^

They had one good album, one alright album, and a load of shit albums. Overrated. Green Day have had one amazing album, one good album, and three shit albums in the same time frame, still not great.

History will probably tell us that Muse were the best band of the start of the 2000s.

Probably them or Coldplay.

Oh, Brandy.

I think he's just posturing like he has been doing for their entire career. Because even though he says thus, he then says he's been disappointed in TK's recent album (which is where him and I disagree - - I loved Battle Born and I'd much rather get another BB than his new solo album, which I'm not too big a fan of). He's like Billie in that you really can't believe a word he says.

As for the GD/Brandon "feud," Brandon kind of apologized for his comments at TK's Wembley gig and iirc he bought Mike dinner one night when they were at the same restaurant. I highly doubt he said this particular comment as an insult to anyone in particular (Kanye has been his target lately) but, again, it's more of a desperate way to boost his self-esteem because he's insecure. Yes, I'm a stan so I'm biased, but I think he was thinking about his band with these comments, not necessarily trying to discount others. I know it's not easy to believe that :lol:

Brandon is a polite version of Noel Gallagher. Also, let's just ask Brandon what he really thinks about Green Day when we see him at House of Blues in a few more months.

you simply cannot take Brandon Flowers seriously

pun on you simply cannot walk into mordor

you simply cannot take Brandon Flowers seriously

pun on you simply cannot walk into mordor

One does not simply misquote a meme.

Their first album was alright, but not much else. The Libertines are unfathomably better, as are all of Peter & Carl's stuff after.

Probably them or Coldplay.

It definitely won't be Coldplay. The only less respectable band than Coldplay is Nickelback.

Their first album was alright, but not much else. The Libertines are unfathomably better, as are all of Peter & Carl's stuff after.

The Libertines aren't even the best band to come out of the early Noughties British Indie scene. Arctic Monkeys shit all over them, and I'm not even a big AM fan apart from their first two albums.

The Libertines aren't even the best band to come out of the early Noughties British Indie scene. Arctic Monkeys shit all over them, and I'm not even a big AM fan apart from their first two albums.

I like AM's first two albums too, but The Libertines are just so much better. I mean, for one thing if you've heard The Libertines then their influence on AM is unmissable (they influenced all of the British Indie scene at that time, they spearheaded it), and they just have so much more energy, more passion, more fun.

I like AM's first two albums too, but The Libertines are just so much better. I mean, for one thing if you've heard The Libertines then their influence on AM is unmissable (they influenced all of the British Indie scene at that time, they spearheaded it), and they just have so much more energy, more passion, more fun.

I've never heard anything like AM' first album. It was just completely different from anything that had come before. They married the danciness of indie with the rough edges of punk and tied it all together with ingenious songwriting.

Whereas everything I've heard by The Libertines sounds like a group of kids who really want to be The Clash but have absolutely no musical or songwriting skills to speak of.

I've never heard anything like AM' first album. It was just completely different from anything that had come before. They married the danciness of indie with the rough edges of punk and tied it all together with ingenious songwriting.

Whereas everything I've heard by The Libertines sounds like a group of kids who really want to be The Clash but have absolutely no musical or songwriting skills to speak of.

There's no point continuing this debate because I'm not sure I know words to properly describe how wrong this is.

Dig deep. I'm quite sure you do.

I'm not sure, The Libertines in themselves defy accurate description of their absolute brilliance already, so to try and describe their brilliance relative to another is a fool's errand.

An errand you should absolutely embark upon imho

I'll let them answer it themselves:

I'll let them answer it thenselves

Take any song from Give Em Enough Rope, make the drums shit, replace the political lyrics with some nonsense about drugs and girls, and you get that. Boring.

Take any song from Give Em Enough Rope, make the drums shit, replace the political lyrics with some nonsense about drugs and girls, and you get that. Boring.

I legit don't see how The Delaney could possibly be considered boring, but like I said before, there's no point preaching the Albion Creed to you.

Yeah, there's no contest between the Libertines and early Arctic Monkeys. The latter pisses all over most things in British music history. Shame what happened to them.

I'm trying to think of a response to Brandon's comment but I honestly can't. Yeah, Hot Fuss is a fucking brilliant album, but then what? I guess you have to be a fan of your own band in order to keep going, but it's just a weird attitude to have. One man's opinion.

i love the killers.

brandon is just doing what he does best. stir shit.

he's always done it. c'mon guys.

I've always liked Weird Al's polka cover of a Killers song better than anything by the actual band. :ninja:

Yeah, there's no contest between the Libertines and early Arctic Monkeys. The latter pisses all over most things in British music history. Shame what happened to them.

I'm trying to think of a response to Brandon's comment but I honestly can't. Yeah, Hot Fuss is a fucking brilliant album, but then what? I guess you have to be a fan of your own band in order to keep going, but it's just a weird attitude to have. One man's opinion.

Best British band of the last 10/ 15 years is obviously the darkness tho

Didn't he give out about green day making BIAB? I've always thought he was a prick since

Oh and the killers are sheeeeite

Yeah, He called Green Day's American Idiot "calculated unamerican-ism" or something like that. He talked about how wrong it was for Billie Joe to have a bunch of British kids singing along to the title track, blah blah blah. There are a lot of bands out there that don't like each other, and it's just part of the biz I suppose. It does make me cringe a bit when I hear two artists I like bashing each other. As far as Killers VS Green Day, for me it's not even close: Green Day is #1. The Killers #68.

Yeah, He called Green Day's American Idiot "calculated unamerican-ism" or something like that. He talked about how wrong it was for Billie Joe to have a bunch of British kids singing along to the title track, blah blah blah. There are a lot of bands out there that don't like each other, and it's just part of the biz I suppose. It does make me cringe a bit when I hear two artists I like bashing each other. As far as Killers VS Green Day, for me it's not even close: Green Day is #1. The Killers #68.

Yes, that rings a bell alright.

Hmm I'm not aware of any other bands that are known to dislike each other, not off the top of my head anyway. I suppose I don't usually pay much attention to stuff like that!

i'm pretty sure it's just Brandon that doesn't like green day - even though he did apologise to them in that song they wrote recently and performed it at wembley.

i've never heard or read anywhere that any of the other members dislike them (could be wrong here). he's just cocky. always has been.

Archived