Green Day early demo tape found

Not a Salad

I went to a garage sale the other day, and I came across a cassette labelled "Green Day 89" being sold for $2.99, so I did what anyone else would do, and bought it. Turns out, it's at least a bootleg of an early demo tape of what I believe to be 39/Smooth. It didn't come with any track list, so this is what I know is on the tape (All tracks are demos, none sound identical to their studio counterparts).

• A1 - Don't Leave Me
  • A2 - Paper Lanterns
  • A3 - Disappearing Boy
  • A4 - At the Library
  • A5 - World Vs. World
  • B1 - Why Do you Want Him?
  • B2 - Jennifer
  • B3 - Maybe Forever
  • B4 - ??? (Instrumental Track)

Can someone provide me any background history? I 'd like to know more about the origin of this cassette.

Edit- This is the Disappearing Boy demo.

Reported for spamming the drama forum

I went to a garage sale the other day, and I came across a cassette labelled "Green Day 89" being sold for $2.99, so I did what anyone else would do, and bought it. Turns out, it's at least a bootleg of an early demo tape of what I believe to be 39/Smooth. It didn't come with any track list, so this is what I know is on the tape (All tracks are demos, none sound identical to their studio counterparts).

• A1 - Don't Leave Me
  • A2 - Paper Lanterns
  • A3 - Disappearing Boy
  • A4 - At the Library
  • A5 - World Vs. World
  • B1 - Why Do you Want Him?
  • B2 - Jennifer
  • B3 - Maybe Forever
  • B4 - ??? (Instrumental Track)

Can someone provide me any background history? I 'd like to know more about the origin of this cassette.

Can you upload it? There is nothing known about any Green Day demo tapes from 89. It may just be live tracks tho. Upload so we can find out! :P

Yeah, the best thing to do would be upload it for Todd, he's the greatest with this kinda thing! lol

This is really cool! Sadly, I have no info to contribute to it, but if you find out anything, that's awesome! And especially cool that you picked it up at a garage sale when it's likely a copy could be going on eBay for hundreds right now. That'd be a good place to look for other copies and get an idea on value and rarity. Good luck man! :D

is it the one with this picture?

R-3907466-1348834786-9967.jpeg.jpg

That was fake and had a different tracklist. This one seems like it was just a tape with a label. And it has Paper Lanterns and Why Do You Want Him, which weren't played on KALX

That was fake and had a different tracklist. This one seems like it was just a tape with a label. And it has Paper Lanterns and Why Do You Want Him, which weren't played on KALX

yeah it's just the only one I know of with a picture.

I won't believe this until I hear it

yeah it's just the only one I know of with a picture.

I won't believe this until I hear it

Same.

Now this sounds really cool! :D And yeah, I think the best way to find out what it really is would be to upload it so different people can express their opinion about it.

Now this sounds really cool! :D And yeah, I think the best way to find out what it really is would be to upload it so different people can express their opinion about it.

Opinion? We're trying to find facts! :lol:

Opinion? We're trying to find facts! :lol:

Yeah I probably worded it wrong :lol: I meant that if we have different people listening to it, maybe at least one of them will know/find out what the heck that tape is, so the more people listen to it, the better.

So is this guy going to tell us anything else? :lol:

Interesting! Really hope something comes of this.

Not holding my breath though. :lol:

Archived