Green Day playing 924 Gilman St tonight (May 17th)

Insomniac186

Fuck all you nerds from out of state who got a ticket.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck all you nerds from out of state who got a ticket.

unacceptable

im so pissed, some travelling fucks got them and not locals. give someone else a change you cunts. and those are the same people who saw them in cleveland. so selfish.

i might get hate for this, see if i give a flying fuck.

No hate here. I was very, very angry when I didn't get a ticket to the Cleveland show first time around and I learned a bunch of people from out of town were flying in, people who get to go to rare shows very often. It worked out for me in the end but I know there were other Ohioans who weren't so lucky. Personally, someone flying from out of town doesn't impress me at all. I don't get why people are praised for it.

Granted, as I said before, you do live in California, so the odds of you getting to see a rare show again in the future are much, much greater than anyone living in the Midwest (That's why we were so irked!). Either way, the feeling of your heroes in your hometown is indescribable, so I truthfully empathize with you. Maybe try going down there and seeing if you can get anything at the door or find any scalpers? =/

Gilman posted on the FB event page a few minutes ago that tickets will NOT be available at the door.

No hate here. I was very, very angry when I didn't get a ticket to the Cleveland show first time around and I learned a bunch of people from out of town were flying in, people who get to go to rare shows very often. It worked out for me in the end but I know there were other Ohioans who weren't so lucky. Personally, someone flying from out of town doesn't impress me at all. I don't get why people are praised for it.

Granted, as I said before, you do live in California, so the odds of you getting to see a rare show again in the future are much, much greater than anyone living in the Midwest (That's why we were so irked!). Either way, the feeling of your heroes in your hometown is indescribable, so I truthfully empathize with you. Maybe try going down there and seeing if you can get anything at the door or find any scalpers? =/

Nothing at the door. Tickets are will call, so how can you scalp those? Also, I'm pretty sure scalpers at Gilman would get the shit kicked out of them.

Its not over yet, but chances are slim.

Nothing at the door. Tickets are will call, so how can you scalp those? Also, I'm pretty sure scalpers at Gilman would get the shit kicked out of them.

People at House of Blues used prepaid debit cards to scalp the will call tickets, but obviously these people don't have as much time to plan. We had two weeks between ticket sales and the show. Ugh, I'm sorry guys, I feel for you.

Are Green Day no longer banned then? Did they change the rules at Gilman or are Green Day no longer on Warner? Or is this for real? Maybe it's FBHT?

Are Green Day no longer banned then? Did they change the rules at Gilman or are Green Day no longer on Warner? Or is this for real? Maybe it's FBHT?

Maybe it's "Sweet Children?" :lol:

They voted on it, and made an exception to the rule for the benefit

They voted on it, and made an exception to the rule for the benefit

Plus I'm pretty sure they actually lifted the ban on them. Now that might be them as individuals; I don't actually know.

Gilman validated all the ticket sales and confirmed all tickets are sold out and no sales at the door. It's over. I think a part of me just died... I refuse to accept defeat! I will still go stand outside anyway.

Gilman validated all the ticket sales and confirmed all tickets are sold out and no sales at the door. It's over. I think a part of me just died... I refuse to accept defeat! I will still go stand outside anyway.

Sending good vibes your way.

Sending good vibes your way.

Thanks!

Im still gonna go but I'll be the one trying not to have a total panic attack.

Plus I'm pretty sure they actually lifted the ban on them. Now that might be them as individuals; I don't actually know.

They were never banned as individuals. Billie continued to play there as part of PHGP and he continued to attend gigs there. The band was banned from playing because they signed to a major label that's all. It's one of the criteria that prevents bands from being allowed to play Gilman...it wasn't anything specifically against GD it's just to promote the DIY scene that helps small punk bands (like them when they started out) in the first place.

Green Day usually post a hint before secret show... Any proof that it will be them?

Green Day usually post a hint before secret show... Any proof that it will be them?

the fact it sold out in 2 seconds doesnt tell you anything?

It does, of course, but it's still not a proof :P I mean, who knows about it, if we didn't get any announce or even a hint? People could just think that it will be Green Day, so show is sold out.
But obviously I really wish they'll play, maybe it's time for new songs? We will see.

Wait...are we going by this alone *---*

Didn't YOU say your friend who works there stated the band playing was "definitely not Green Day related" and now you reckon it's actually them?

My source is a band that had booked a show at Gilman on this date and were told they had to reschedule because of a "Green Day event".

Wait...are we going by this alone *---*

Didn't YOU say your friend who works there stated the band playing was "definitely not Green Day related" and now you reckon it's actually them?

I tried my best to disinform. Still didnt work in my favor so fml

My source is a band that had booked a show at Gilman on this date and were told they had to reschedule because of a "Green Day event".

I'm not disregarding what you are saying but six weeks ago Corbett Redford posted on Instagram that this event was taking place. Whoever the third band that is playing is it's been a scheduled event for some time now and it's for a fire relief fund not a Green Day event so I dunno but I can't really see the folk at Gilman phrasing it that way.

I'm not disregarding what you are saying but six weeks ago Corbett Redford posted on Instagram that this event was taking place. Whoever the third band that is playing is it's been a scheduled event for some time now and it's for a fire relief fund not a Green Day event so I dunno but I can't really see the folk at Gilman phrasing it that way.

Shows are sometimes booked months in advance.

bottom line, its a benefit and they know what bands make money.

Archived