Green Day playing 924 Gilman St tonight (May 17th)

Insomniac186

Please pardon me if this should be put somewhere else, and I apologize if this ends up not being the case...

I have reason to believe that a Green Day-related side band will be playing at 924 Gilman on Sunday, May 17th. My best guess is that it will be The Frustrators. They were originally scheduled to play at Gilman's "Geekfest" on March 21st but canceled for "family reasons" I was told. The Frustrators were still written on the whiteboard show calendar on the wall at Gilman while I was at Geekfest.

But anyway, here's my reasons that a Green Day-related band is playing:

-Bobby Joe Ebola and The Children MacNuggits opening (they have opened almost every show for the Green Day side bands in the Bay Area)

-It's a benefit (Fire victims at 74 23rd St & 669/671 24th St Residents, 1984 Printing, and AK Press)

-"Special Guests" have yet to be announced

-Tickets are pre-sale only, and are not being sold until the day of

These were all similar factors the last time PHGP and The Frustrators played at Gilman. What do you guys think?

Link: http://firereliefbenefitdaytwo924gilman.bpt.me/

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not gonna get my hopes up but I would fucking love for The Frustrators or especially PHGP to make a comeback.

Sounds possible! I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

Now that would be awesome! How long has it been since the last Frustrators show? 4 years?

It's not PHGP, Billie and Aaron don't seem to get along very well...a Frustrators show would be awesome and it sounds a bit mote realistic, too.

It's not PHGP, Billie and Aaron don't seem to get along very well...a Frustrators show would be awesome and it sounds a bit mote realistic, too.

Didn't someone say Aaron was at the House of Blues show?

Seriously? I mean, as far as I know he even went on tour with them in Asia some years ago and the last PHGP show was in 2010. Plus, as Alissa said, some sources reported he was at the HoB show. I agree with you, a Frustrators show sounds more realistic, but PHGP doesn't sound impossible either.

Didn't someone say Aaron was at the House of Blues show?

I don't know. Last time I heard about him, somebody was claiming that Billie wasn't keen on him much since he criticized Green Day.

I don't know. Last time I heard about him, somebody was claiming that Billie wasn't keen on him much since he criticized Green Day.

Yeah, I think the fact that he was at the House of Blues show sparked the conversation.

I mean, I'm not saying PHGP is a guarantee, but people claimed the band and John Kiffmeyer didn't have the best relationship earlier this year, and... well, they stole the show from Green Day, tbh. Anything can happen. :P

Aaron was at the HOB show. He stood next to me. Was also at the Induction Party I attended, and he was at the induction!

It's probably California

Seriously? I mean, as far as I know he even went on tour with them in Asia some years ago and the last PHGP show was in 2010. Plus, as Alissa said, some sources reported he was at the HoB show. I agree with you, a Frustrators show sounds more realistic, but PHGP doesn't sound impossible either.

He's said to have refused to sign Aaron's magazine for a fan. Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with his relationship with Aaron or it might be complete bollocks.

Hopefully this is true! Don't think we're lucky enough for it to be Green Day, maybe Foxboro??

He's said to have refused to sign Aaron's magazine for a fan. Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with his relationship with Aaron or it might be complete bollocks.

Oh, I didn't know that. Well, provided it actually happened, let's not read too much into it.

If that happened, it happened four years ago. I saw Aaron standing by the Induction ceremony red carpet in the same area where John Kiffmeyer had also been with my own eyes. This was just two weeks ago. I think their relationship is fine now, whatever may have happened in the past.

And what if it's Foxboro Hottubs?! :o

Ugh, then I have to convince hubby to let me go to Oakland!!!

Ugh, then I have to convince hubby to let me go to Oakland!!!

He has to understand you need to catch up with Hermione. ;)

How about Sweet Children? They aren't Green Day, technically... Hey, one can dream!

For those who didn't know: The Enemies (who will also be playing at the benefit show) is Mike Pelino's former band. He was a touring member of Green Day from 2004-2005. Christie Road was written about his sister.

Cool band.

Yeah that was me that posted about that. Was just saying at the time we heard about that it seemed like maybe it was possible they weren't getting on though, no evidence that was actually the case, and my main point was that he was at the Hall of Fame induction so seems like everything's good right now either way so I'm now more hopeful for future PHGP stuff :)

Hopefully this is true! Don't think we're lucky enough for it to be Green Day, maybe Foxboro??

We'd be even more lucky if it was Foxboro

Not entertaining the idea that it'd be either of them though :P, doesn't seem very likely.

For those who didn't know: The Enemies (who will also be playing at the benefit show) is Mike Pelino's former band. He was a touring member of Green Day from 2004-2005. Christie Road was written about his sister.

Cool band.

I also have 8 mutual friends with him on facebook :P I'll send him a request

Haha, friended!

I also have 8 mutual friends with him on facebook :P I'll send him a request

one is me edit: I was thinking of Ronnie Blake

Didn't someone say Aaron was at the House

Yes he was at that show.. and Bill too.

Archived