Green Day playing 924 Gilman St tonight (May 17th)

Insomniac186

Now John's having fun. He wants to make a new Sweet Children album. Sweet Children in the 21st century.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been on holidays - so are SC playing at Gilman now. I am trying to work out time difference.

I have been on holidays - so are SC playing at Gilman now. I am trying to work out time difference.

2 hours 45 mins

I just saw this on Twitter, OMG... Two days after their Cleveland anniversary :wub: Now... For the three questions everyone on GDC wants to know :P

1. Is there a livestream?

2. Is there an announcement?

3. Is anyone from GDC going to be there? :lol:

Billie and his "This is the closest I'm going to get to you for a while" or whatever way he put it...prick freaking out and depressing people.

Stick to forgetting all the words and the "joy" stuff.

Billie and his "This is the closest I'm going to get to you for a while" or whatever way he put it...prick freaking out and depressing people.

Stick to forgetting all the words and the "joy" stuff.

He said that as Green Day though. ;)

He said that as Green Day though. ;)

Yes...BUT that only works if he was playing tonight in FBHT as the Rev or in The Network (not that he would be in that band as Fink) etc however he was playing as Billie in Green Day and is playing in Sweet Children as Billie...and he said "It's the closest I..." Oooh... :P

I'm glad to see they're getting back into playing now, and that they didn't revert back into hiatus after HOF and HOB. It seems like to me they're slowly building up speed before approaching making a new album, whereas with the trilogy, Billie went right to work writing songs. They're being more observant on how to approach it now, I think.

It would be cool if they broke out some really old songs they never recorded, though. *cough*World vs. World*cough*

I just posted most of the lyrics yesterday in case Billie forgot them :thumbsup:

I'm actually really glad they are playing this event. Remember it's not just a Sweet Children gig it's a charity event to raise funds for a very serious cause and it's great to see them recognise their home community and give back that way. Remember Billie was homeless when he was a teen and lived in a warehouse for a period like those who perished in that fire. Clearly they have never forgotten where they came from. It's times like these that make me more proud of them than the Hall of Fame last month honestly.

On a more serious note, this, along with Billie Joe not wearing his wedding ring, adds serious weight to my theory that Tré got kicked out of Green Day for fucking Adie #TREFUCKED80 #SWEETESTRANGEDCHILDREN

My poster of Tre just fell down. Ceadog is right. #TREFUCKED80 #GREENDAYISDEAD #SWEETCHILDRENBRAZILIANTOUR2015

CFPzTAtUsAAZ3_c.jpg

I'm already getting death threats from mental Italian women on Twitter. This night just gets better and better.

I'm already getting death threats from mental Italian women on Twitter. This night just gets better and better.

I just came in here to say keep up the good work :lol:

Hahaha I just saw that, they took it to heart, I thought it was a hilarious thing to trend. Keep it up, dude ;)

You are killing it on twitter!! My favourite response was "Are you even a person?" hahaha.

I really didn't think this was going to happen. I am soooooooo happy to say I was wrong. But, maybe I'm being a bad fan, I can't tell what I'm more excited about, them playing or to see what happens with Ceadagh and the crazy Italian women.

This is bound to be an awesome show! I loved seeing Sweet Children in Cleveland. I'm happy more people get to experience them live. :happy:

Bing lmao

The image search function is great.

Archived