Green Day playing 924 Gilman St tonight (May 17th)

Insomniac186

I take back the nice shit I said to you, you fucking weirdo. Why would you go to his house?

There's just too much of this shit going on lately. I had a freak on twitter literally tweet me Billie's New York address (and poor Joey's...they live seperately in NYC evidently) just to try to prove some bullshit groupie story. Frighteningly however this person really does know where they live so obviously is a freaky stalker. If I were Billie I'd buy a psycho dog.

Oh and I doubt GD would have any problem with fans from other cities or countries coming to see them especially when they can't play every city but maybe they prefer to give particular sttention to the flag/locals from the city they are in as it would seem rude to give attention or priority to a flag from another country while playing somewhere.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just like how Pinhead Gunpowder at gilman wasnt a Pinhead Gunpowder show, but for someone with breast cancer. whatcha gon' do

That someone was Anandi, the girl that's mentioned in Crazy Horse

That someone was Anandi, the girl that's mentioned in Crazy Horse

Exactly! Anandi and Aaron had been friends for years and he has written about her numerous times over the years. It was a Pinhead Gunpowder show but used to raise money for Aaron's longterm friend's Anandi's treatment...that's totally different than a two day fire relief benefit (with numerous acts taking part raising funds for a tragic fire that destroyed a warehouse killing people and destroying peoples homes and businesses) being described as a "Green Day event"!!

Why would anyone want to go to Billies house? What's the fascination with that? "Let me go to his house to look at it since he gives out his address everywhere"

Wow I had no idea this thread existed, finally a reason to check GD chat for possible updates (and/or entertainment). :P Great that Gilman is doing that benefit event, regardless of who is playing. If Green Day or a band in any way related to them are playing too, then that's awesome!

It must be annoying at times for Green Day anyway when they want to play at a small venue, trying to keep it secret.. always the first thing I think of

I've always thought that it must be super frustrating to see the same front row every show you play.

I went to Billie's house in 2008 when they were in LA playing a Foxies show. But quite a few people I spoke to on GDC at the time had gone too, so this isn't exactly news to the forum. Call me weird, pathetic, whatever, but I don't actually regret doing it. I knew he wasn't there. I just wandered up, went "Oh wow", and then left again. Meh.

I once used Billie's toilet without permission. And left track marks.

I once used Billie's toilet without permission. And left track marks.

I believe that such a thing happens in Nick Hornby's book, "Juliet, Naked".

I don't think the band have any issues with people going to multiple shows as long as everyone is excited, having fun and that they aren't being assholes to them or others in the audience. I have heard stories of them/the crew getting annoyed with people who repeatedly expect to get onstage, get into soundchecks, etc, but just seeing the same people doesn't seem to bother them at all, if anything they appreciate it.

I don't think the band have any issues with people going to multiple shows as long as everyone is excited, having fun and that they aren't being assholes to them or others in the audience. I have heard stories of them/the crew getting annoyed with people who repeatedly expect to get onstage, get into soundchecks, etc, but just seeing the same people doesn't seem to bother them at all, if anything they appreciate it.

And I have to salute them for this, because some bands actually fall for this and treat people who follow them around the world (as in, 20+ shows per tour) as their biggest fans. Meritocracy is wrong.

If anyone has an extra ticket or 2, please let me know! I would LOVE to go!

This doesn't make any sense to me. The tickets were $20. If green day was playing this benefit concert and said it was green day, they could have charged alot more and made a ton of money for the fire victims. This isn't just a secret show, it is a charity Event. Why wouldn't they mention such a big act is playing? It would only benefit the victims more. This sounds to me like everyone thinks it may be green day so they bought the tickets just in case.

This doesn't make any sense to me. The tickets were $20. If green day was playing this benefit concert and said it was green day, they could have charged alot more and made a ton of money for the fire victims. This isn't just a secret show, it is a charity Event. Why wouldn't they mention such a big act is playing? It would only benefit the victims more. This sounds to me like everyone thinks it may be green day so they bought the tickets just in case.

I don't think Gilman would wanna advertise like that

I don't think Gilman would wanna advertise like that

But it's a charity event. The purpose is to raise as much money as possible for that charity. If they say it's green day, they could charge 200 instead of 20 and it still would have sold out in 10 seconds.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

But it's a charity event. The purpose is to raise as much money as possible for that charity. If they say it's green day, they could charge 200 instead of 20 and it still would have sold out in 10 seconds.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

That's not punk at all. That's sell out. That is SO sell out. I understand what you mean, but it's against their ethics.

That's not punk at all. That's sell out. That is SO sell out. I understand what you mean, but it's against their ethics.

So it's more ethical to run a charity event and not make as much for the charity as you can? The rumor is that a band that sold out is playing, so it seems they have already gone against their ethics. Might as well help the victims as much as you can

i got tickets! lol

Nice. You better be giving us updates once it's over! :P

So it's more ethical to run a charity event and not make as much for the charity as you can? The rumor is that a band that sold out is playing, so it seems they have already gone against their ethics. Might as well help the victims as much as you can

I'm sure if Green Day is actually playing, they'll donate more than just the proceeds from the show.

Well I'll be interested to see who's playing now!

Also there's a bit of a difference between standing in the street outside Billie's gates for a moment (as quite a few GDCers did back when the address he lived at was pretty much common knowledge) and going and knocking on his front door and asking his wife if you can wait until he gets home when she's trying to give their dog a bath.... . But these things happened years ago and he lives somewhere else now so I don't think it's really an issue any more.

It's a small venue, if they can sell it out to capacity without mentioning who's playing (which they have) then they've already made as much money from ticket sales as possible.

I'm sure if Green Day is actually playing, they'll donate more than just the proceeds from the show.

Plus this

Well I'll be interested to see who's playing now!

Also there's a bit of a difference between standing in the street outside Billie's gates for a moment (as quite a few GDCers did back when the address he lived at was pretty much common knowledge) and going and knocking on his front door and asking his wife if you can wait until he gets home when she's trying to give their dog a bath.... . But these things happened years ago and he lives somewhere else now so I don't think it's really an issue any more.

It's a small venue, if they can sell it out to capacity without mentioning who's playing (which they have) then they've already made as much money from ticket sales as possible.

Disagree 100%. they can charge mire based on who us playing. Therefore if a big band is playing at 20 a ticket they have made no where near what they could have.

Also, by keeping the price at a medium- they can maintain their audience, y'know? Not everyone attending Gilman regularly has big bucks! This way, everyone can do a small part to help out, and people that want to go won't be prevented by a high admission price. If they had a high price, only Green Day fans would be in attendence, and the Gilman regulars might feel alienated.

Archived