Green Day playing 924 Gilman St tonight (May 17th)

Insomniac186

I wanna speculate a little here. So if Green Day and company are still making that documentary about the early days, was this show and sweet children at HOB have anything to do with that? It would bring the whole story full circle, i think this stuff would be included. That would be pretty cool!!

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello folks! The posters for Day 1 & Day 2 of the Fire Relief Benefit are now available for online purchase! Please help spread the word!You can buy the set of two posters for $20 and save on shipping or buy the single Day 1 (GREEN DAY, ENEMIES, BOBBY JOE EBOLA) for $10 plus shipping at this link: http://www.1984printing.com/store/All proceeds directly benefit 1984 Printing, AK Press, and residents from both warehouses affected by the fire.

Illustrated by Jesse Michaels of Operation Ivy! Day1-2.jpg11″ x 17″ Posters (buy one of each day and save on shipping!)

DAY 1 – NOOTHGRUSH, BRAINOIL, BADR VOGU, STREET EATERS, MALDITOS, YOUR ENEMY, AKATHARSIA, THE CALL UP, TOMAS MONIZ, MC: JELLO BIAFRA

Saturday, 9 May 2015 at 924 Gilman Street, Berkeley, California 94710.

DAY 2 – GREEN DAY, ENEMIES, BOBBY JOE EBOLA

Sunday, 17 May 2015 at 924 Gilman Street, Berkeley, California 94710.

Illustrations by Jesse Michaels; Layout by Caoimhe Carty; Printed by 1984 Printing in Oakland, CA, each poster is printed on 80 lb Raw Finish Grocer Kraft cover stock, 30% post-consumer waste with recycled black and silver metallic ink. Shipped flat, USPS Priority Mail.

Richard The Roadie and Amy Watson have been together forever, and have toured with countless bands...they run 1984 Printing. A tour I went on, with The Subhumans and Enemies, think Richard only wore one t-shirt on the whole tour...

I think Gilman Street probably finally had the equivalent of giving itself away, because it was so adamant of holding onto its ideals for so many years; although there are still holdovers from the old-skool, but...they've finally decided to choose surviving and thriving. It wasn't until the recent years they'd decide to charge more than five dollars a show.

Green Day, the point of contention as soon as they signed to a major label, took SO MUCH and even did benefit gigs when they were playing at 924 every few weeks. Even when they sold their first few million copies of Dookie, they'll do a show in Oakland to help places like Berkeley Free Clinic and Food Not Bombs fund them multiple times over that these so-called political punks that are long gone.

I wanna speculate a little here. So if Green Day and company are still making that documentary about the early days, was this show and sweet children at HOB have anything to do with that? It would bring the whole story full circle, i think this stuff would be included. That would be pretty cool!!

That would be awesome! If maybe both those shows were supposed to be like... 'past meets present' or something like that. I hope this will be apart of the documentary. :D

Do we have a definitive setlist yet? I know we have the photo but is that the order/exactly what they did play? If someone has posted before sorry but Im on my phone and its fucking up so going back over posts is impossible right now.

Do we have a definitive setlist yet? I know we have the photo but is that the order/exactly what they did play? If someone has posted before sorry but Im on my phone and its fucking up so going back over posts is impossible right now.

Green Day Brasil page in facebook have posted a list with all videos per now, check it:

10983385_883006478424659_920408328085099

1. 99 Revolutions - on.fb.me/1JTsZLp
2. Holiday - on.fb.me/1HcuocY
3. Welcome To Paradise
4. 2000 Light Years Away
5. Private Ale
6. Christie Road - bit.ly/1dfmetb
7. Paper Lanterns
8. Stuart and The Ave - bit.ly/1cL6g96
9. She - bit.ly/1LdHdHM
10. Going to Pasalacqua
11. Burnout
12. Longview - on.fb.me/1B7AbhU
13. Basket Case - bit.ly/1JsYvSl / bit.ly/1c0grpS
14. When I Come Around
15. Are We The Waiting? - bit.ly/1EXgTNJ
16. St. Jimmy
17. Knowledge - bit.ly/1FjSEf1
18. American Idiot
19. Minority - on.fb.me/1HcutNG
20. Jesus of Suburbia

the list on the facebook link appears to have been updated since it was posted. looks like they added Know Your Enemy and Only Of You and changed the order of the last two, closing with minority instead of jesus of suburbia.

You're welcome for those good vibes, sir! ;)

The good vibes were much appreciated! Thanks!

I've been a member here for a long time but usually don't post often and sometimes I go months without visiting. Can someone explain to me all the "Nightlife" jokes? Is it mocking the song because it sucks or what?

Oh and by the way Minority was played last. They skipped it initially then played it for the encore.

Can someone explain to me all the "Nightlife" jokes? Is it mocking the song because it sucks or what?

Basically, yeah. Unless I've missed something too.

I've been a member here for a long time but usually don't post often and sometimes I go months without visiting. Can someone explain to me all the "Nightlife" jokes? Is it mocking the song because it sucks or what?

Yeah, pretty much. The trilogy in general gets mocked a lot on here (I like it though :P ).

edit: oh, Jimmy got there first.

the list on the facebook link appears to have been updated since it was posted. looks like they added Know Your Enemy and Only Of You and changed the order of the last two, closing with minority instead of jesus of suburbia.

Thanks! I was getting confused. I saw on one facebook page where they posted that they opened with American Idiot and I was like wtf?! Lol. I was pretty certain from following the few tweets etc that night American Idiot was one of the last songs. Thanks for confirming I'm not going mad lol.

Yeah, pretty much. The trilogy in general gets mocked a lot on here (I like it though :P ).

edit: oh, Jimmy got there first.

I liked the trilogy, too :D not so much Dos, but I loved Uno and Tre. They were both on repeat for weeks :lol:

Hey, they played the Demolicious version of 99 Revolutions, with the step up at the end. :D I loved that.

This question is for the GDC'ers that were at HOB - you say KFAD was badly received - do you think it is a sign it will fall off the setlist or Gilman was an exception.

This question is for the GDC'ers that were at HOB - you say KFAD was badly received - do you think it is a sign it will fall off the setlist or Gilman was an exception.

I'm not sure if it was that people were sick of it or if people were just so exhausted that they couldn't get into it. Either way it's been played at basically every show for over a decade so retiring it wouldn't be a travesty.

Not only was it badly received but the Shout portion sounded horrible. It sounded like they didn't know what they were doing.

Not only was it badly received but the Shout portion sounded horrible. It sounded like they didn't know what they were doing.

Surely they must feel this from the crowd. At a few of the soundwaves when they played it people walked to a different stage. I can't see how they still enjoy playing it.

Surely they must feel this from the crowd. At a few of the soundwaves when they played it people walked to a different stage. I can't see how they still enjoy playing it.

Maybe they finally got the hint. If they want to keep playing it, they should switch it up a bit and not do the same thing show after show after show.

I could only imagine how many different songs they could play instead of the 15min KFAD/Shout.

Maybe they finally got the hint. If they want to keep playing it, they should switch it up a bit and not do the same thing show after show after show.

I could only imagine how many different songs they could play instead of the 15min KFAD/Shout.

5 mins of Road to Acceptance

8 mins of Paper Lanterns with medley :D

2 mins of Strangeland :D :D

5 mins of Road to Acceptance

8 mins of Paper Lanterns with medley :D

2 mins of Strangeland :D :D

Switch Strangeland with Words I Might Have Ate and I'll take it!

Paper Lanterns has been there, done that. They would be going backwards to add it back. Switch it with 409 in Your Coffeemaker.

Actually, I would rather them do a medley with songs not from the Lookout era. I like Stuart and the Ave, Misery and Scatttered

Paper Lanterns has been there, done that. They would be going backwards to add it back. Switch it with 409 in Your Coffeemaker.

Actually, I would rather them do a medley with songs not from the Lookout era. I like Stuart and the Ave, Misery and Scatttered

I don't know how to feel about this post. I'm so confused. :cry:

Good: Stuart and the Ave, Scattered

Bad: Suggesting to cut Paper Lanterns, add Misery

Indifferent: 409 in Your Coffeemaker

I don't know how to feel about this post. I'm so confused. :cry:

Good: Stuart and the Ave, Scattered

Bad: Suggesting to cut Paper Lanterns, add Misery

Indifferent: 409 in Your Coffeemaker

Go ahead, you like it.

The reason I am replacing Paper Lanterns is the same reason everyone wants KFAD gone. They have done it before. Why would you go back to something that has been done, when there are so many other options.

Misery was a suggestion, I love it, but not married to it.

Archived