Green Day playing 924 Gilman St tonight (May 17th)

Insomniac186

Damn. I can't believe this happened.

Looks like it was a great time! It's still funny thinking that they played at the venue that basically jumpstarted their career. :lol:

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if all of this is leading to Sweet Children releasing an album?!!! That would be an epic way to hold us over until GREEN DAY XII is ready. and a good way for them to go back to their roots, or try something super risky. Nobody in the outside world really knows about Sweet Children so they would have total freedom to do whatever they wanted on it, no pressure to make it a hit or anything. It could contain some unreleased songs from the early days (like 'unknown song 1' and 'unknown song 2' 1989), re-done and re-recorded and brand new songs in the same vain. And maybe, just maybe.....a secret bonus track that is a preview of Green Day's 2016 sound!

You're welcome for those good vibes, sir! ;)

They were just for the live feed that was being showed on the TVs at the back of the venue for people who left the pit. :(

Oh, yeah. Duh. I should've known that. I feel like the cameras aren't normally on the stage, though.

Oh, yeah. Duh. I should've known that. I feel like the cameras aren't normally on the stage, though.

Yeah, it looked out-of-the-ordinary to me too, but that's what I was told on here... doesn't mean it's correct, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm very excited for everyone there to see Stuart and the Ave. The solo Billie Joe added is amazing. :happy:

It's the same solo he plays in every other song :lol:

Kinda seems like gilman is a much higher end club than it used to be. Looks like green day paid for a lot of those improvements. Kinda hypocritical of the club owners now that you think about it. Probably should have been allowed to play there a long time ago.

It's the same solo he plays in every other song :lol:

No, it sounds better because it's Stuart and the Ave. :happy:

What charity were they raising money for? It seems like I read it somewhere...

No, it sounds better because it's Stuart and the Ave. :happy:

Everything sounds better with Stuart and the Ave. Including fifteen minute long heyyyooos :lol:

Kinda seems like gilman is a much higher end club than it used to be. Looks like green day paid for a lot of those improvements. Kinda hypocritical of the club owners now that you think about it. Probably should have been allowed to play there a long time ago.

Why do you say Green Day paid for improvements? Gilman doesn't look any different to me.

fire relief for AK press & friends http://www.gofundme.com/akpressfire

1984 printing fire recovery fund http://www.gofundme.com/1984printing

i think there were other links posted a while back if someone finds those

Oh ok, thank you! :D That's still really cool that they did the show for charity. Rather or not 97% of the songs they played were repetitive, they did it for their community, and if that is not awesome, I dunno what is. ;)

What if all of this is leading to Sweet Children releasing an album?!!! That would be an epic way to hold us over until GREEN DAY XII is ready. and a good way for them to go back to their roots, or try something super risky. Nobody in the outside world really knows about Sweet Children so they would have total freedom to do whatever they wanted on it, no pressure to make it a hit or anything. It could contain some unreleased songs from the early days (like 'unknown song 1' and 'unknown song 2' 1989), re-done and re-recorded and brand new songs in the same vain. And maybe, just maybe.....a secret bonus track that is a preview of Green Day's 2016 sound!

I made this speculation pages ago. :sherlock:

Except Sweet Children didn't play...?

So do we have a definitive setlist?

According to Restless Press, the one they posted a while back is what they played.

Green Day Brasil page in facebook have posted a list with all videos per now, check it:

10983385_883006478424659_920408328085099

1. 99 Revolutions - on.fb.me/1JTsZLp
2. Holiday - on.fb.me/1HcuocY
3. Welcome To Paradise
4. 2000 Light Years Away
5. Private Ale
6. Christie Road - bit.ly/1dfmetb
7. Paper Lanterns
8. Stuart and The Ave - bit.ly/1cL6g96
9. She - bit.ly/1LdHdHM
10. Going to Pasalacqua
11. Burnout
12. Longview - on.fb.me/1B7AbhU
13. Basket Case - bit.ly/1JsYvSl / bit.ly/1c0grpS
14. When I Come Around
15. Are We The Waiting? - bit.ly/1EXgTNJ
16. St. Jimmy
17. Knowledge - bit.ly/1FjSEf1
18. American Idiot
19. Minority - on.fb.me/1HcutNG
20. Jesus of Suburbia

Why do you say Green Day paid for improvements? Gilman doesn't look any different to me.

I've sure they've renovated the building since the 80's, when we really had pictures of the interior, but it just looked bigger (coming from a person who has never even been there) and on the stage, there were hardly any concert posters like there had been in older photos, I think I'm rambling now, oh well, it just looked way bigger. :lol:

I think it is interesting that they are ending the last two shows they have done with Jesus of Suburbia. I can't decide what I think of it. It seems kind of strange to end with a song that actually takes you on a high. I like ending a concert with song that brings you down to earth more, which is why Good Riddance or Brutal Love work well. I kind of think ending a show with JoS would leave me with the "whats next" feeling.

I thought it just looked like it was cleaner and maybe had been repaired and renovated. I mean it's not a huge secret that green day has been keeping them afloat. They kept lookout records afloat a lot longer than they probably should have.

I think it is interesting that they are ending the last two shows they have done with Jesus of Suburbia. I can't decide what I think of it. It seems kind of strange to end with a song that actually takes you on a high. I like ending a concert with song that brings you down to earth more, which is why Good Riddance or Brutal Love work well. I kind of think ending a show with JoS would leave me with the "whats next" feeling.

It did. The crowd at House of Blues was waiting for more, until the stage guy made the "that's all folks" gesture. :lol:

I remember reading somewhere (it was probably an unofficial source, but still...) that the five songs Billie showed Rob were supposedly 'American Idiot' era-ish. I'm not sure rather or not that's true, but it could be a hint. It's just really weird for them to end with that, have they ever done it before?

I remember reading somewhere (it was probably an unofficial source, but still...) that the five songs Billie showed Rob were supposedly 'American Idiot' era-ish. I'm not sure rather or not that's true, but it could be a hint. It's just really weird for them to end with that, have they ever done it before?

Meaning that the 5 demo'd songs are ones that he had on hold for the last 10 years???

To my knowledge, they have never ended with JoS

Thats exactly why they did it, leaving you thinking

Meaning that the 5 demo'd songs are ones that he had on hold for the last 10 years???

does this mean we're finally getting cigarettes and valentines?? :P

It'd be slim, but not impossible. Maybe songs they didn't feel really fit onto the album, or were all nine minute songs. :lol: Maybe... *epic drumroll* the next album will detail more about the side characters of American Idiot. :lol: I have no clue what they're doing, but they've got something up their sleeve. ;)

does this mean we're finally getting cigarettes and valentines?? :P

Lol yeah, they finally dug it up out of their backyard :lol: I wonder what ever happened to it, or if they made it disappear on purpose? :P

It'd be slim, but not impossible. Maybe songs they didn't feel really fit onto the album, or were all nine minute songs. :lol: Maybe... *epic drumroll* the next album will detail more about the side characters of American Idiot. :lol: I have no clue what they're doing, but they've got something up their sleeve. ;)

Please don't tell me you are suggesting the continuing saga of the Jesus of Suburbia, accountant.

Archived