Green Day's New Genre?

CreatureQuake

I made this post for us to discuss what Green Day's new 'genre' is going to be. I know we're going to get people saying "Screw the genre just listen to the musicc mannnannnnn #swag101 yolo", but Billie Joe said that he'd written a few songs and I was just curious as to what style he's writing them.

- CreatureQuake.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gangsta Rap

In fact, I heard that the Insane Clown Posse will be featured in all of these new songs. It'll be like "Nightlife". We all know just how awesome that song is. In fact it's the best Green Day song from the best Green Day album, Dos. I don't understand why it hasn't gone diamond yet.

I think they'll be more in the alternative genre, myself. The trilogy was mostly them touching roots and to bring the Dookie grunge sound and pop together.

I think they'll be more in the alternative genre, myself.

Well, they were kind of always alternative. Unless you're saying they're going to stick that way, of course...

*insert Norwegian death metal joke of your choice here*

Rock music influenced heavily by punk, aka what they've been doing variations of for 25 years.

Don't we have like 3 threads already about the future for Green Day?

First time I've ever seen Dookie being called grunge lol

Grunge is very slowed down heavy metal I don't know of any GD song that could fit that lol

A fusion of grindcore and bro-country, obvs

First time I've ever seen Dookie being called grunge lol

Grunge is very slowed down heavy metal I don't know of any GD song that could fit that lol

This is probably the closest they've came tbh.

Also apparently they wrote Stop When The Red Lights Flash in in 93.

Dookie grunge sound

Kinda like how Insomniac has a country sound and how Nimrod is a death metal album.

jug band.. washboard and spoons.. jugs

They'll hop on the "EDM" bandwagon next, you watch. :P

Their new single will feature Zedd or Calvin Harris.

German Schlager music, what else?

But seriously: Rock and Alternative with punk influences and a special Green Day sound that nobody can define :lol:

I have no idea.... I can see them adopting a new sound, but i can also see them revisiting the sound of either AI or 21st CB, because those sounds worked. (This is the sentence where people will hate me) I wouldn't mind then continuing and developing the sound of a Trilogy album, iTre probably.

But in truth idk what i think, or want, there is too many possibilities!

I like to think that the band is diverse enough for them to not be stuck in 1 genre.

my money's on gregorian chanting.

They're gonna re-unite with Lady Cobra and do a rap album (come on people, we can ignore Nightlife all we want but it still exists)

This is probably the closest they've came tbh.

Also apparently they wrote Stop When The Red Lights Flash in in 93.

If they wrote SWTRLF in '93, I wonder why it took 19 years to decide whether to actually release it. Mind you, the trilogy is essentially just demos with refined sound.

Archived