Static Noise 98, Part A: Green Day's House of Blues show

Sanity Loan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they know how to count. They skipped '97' or maybe I'm missing something.

In the opening post

"This is only part A of episode 98 (we don't know what happened to 97) "

I don't think they know how to count. They skipped '97' or maybe I'm missing something.

They mentioned that in the OP. :)

Edit: late :(

In the opening post

"This is only part A of episode 98 (we don't know what happened to 97) "

They mentioned that in the OP. :)

Why thank you kind GDC officials. I didn't even read the whole thing, I skimmed. I'd suck at college work. :P

I'd suck at college work. :P

Nah, you'd do just fine, actually.

Because I care about Static Noise.

But at least two people care about H&C. That's a 200% increase on Static Noise's audience.

But at least two people care about H&C. That's a 200% increase on Static Noise's audience.

I care about Static Noise. Not as much as Andres does but I care.

so did you guys get into the show early or something?? how?

There seemed to be a group of people (not sure what their "status" is) that were already in there when the first ~60 people (who were given numbers from the venue) in line walked in. Jack and I, along with the Idiot Nation contest winners and others on the "band list" went in after the numbered people. After that, the rest of the line was let in.

I find it exhausting listening to people talk for so long. But listening to the podcast and your lovely stories from the show was wonderful. Time just flew by. I'm really looking forward to the next episode and hearing everything about the ceremony.

Wait, Andres was there? And he didn't take a picture with Ceadog??

Wait, Andres was there? And he didn't take a picture with Ceadog??

I was not. I would have taken lots of pictures with Ceadog.

You're on fire this weekend.

XmqWDT3.jpg?1

a question i have to ask: did you just make this or was it something you already had to hand? (i'm assuming it's the latter)

a question i have to ask: did you just make this or was it something you already had to hand? (i'm assuming it's the latter)

Correct :) I made that a few years ago. Glad to see it's still relevant.

Correct :) I made that a few years ago. Glad to see it's still relevant.

knew i recognised it!! a true work of art imo.

knew i recognised it!! a true work of art imo.

ur 2 kind

I really fucking hate you. I'm never being nice to you again. :mad:

What's the problem here? He thanked you for your post. This community is so damn spoiled sometimes.

God, I panicked so hardcore when they moved you guys with numbers to the other side of the entrance and the line just surged forward because I had yet to have dinner and go to the bathroom :lol: I agree with most of what was said about the setlist, especially the KFAD indifference. I was back by the bar but I could still tell that everyone was confused about whether there was going to be an acoustic encore. Even though it's supposed to do the opposite, it seemed like their energy just kind of drained suddenly after KFAD and they just wanted to get the show over with (not that I blame them for being tired after basically doing two sets). I also wonder if there was a midnight noise curfew and they didn't want to go too far past that (they did a little bit).

And yeah, while I'm aware of how cool it was that I was at this amazing show, I think I'm still too close to it. Like, I'm still thinking about the things that didn't go as planned (the stuff we were all complaining about after the show, not making it through the GD set in the pit, puking, not being able to be as close as you guys, not meeting all of the GDCers that were at this show, etc.) and it hasn't really set in that I was at THIS show in particular. I realize I saw the band, I realize that I had this fun experience and whatnot, but that I was at a show people will talk about for a while? Like, what the fuck? I have that in my memory bank? That's going to take a while to get used to ... but I'm OK with it taking a while, since I'm sure that once it does set in, I'll just get really emotional about it :lol:

Just for your information, the band played Waiting at a couple of the Australian shows last year.

Archived