Billie Joe to be featured on TV Show "Junk Gypsies" on GAC TV

desertrose

Good God, GDC, you never cease to amaze me. :lol:

People are actually angry/concerned about a one-off TV show appearance that probably took minimal time to record? Who cares...?

I guess I should be happy he isn't doing Dancing with the Stars.

Hey now, that wouldn't be completely terrible, would it? I think it'd be entertaining as hell. :P Plus, he already survived Broadway, right? :lol:

Gd were suppose to go on Ellen but rehab happened - if I remember correctly.

Yup, they were. That would've been so wonderful, too. Next time, hopefully. :(

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, that was an interview with Absolute Radio in Manchester... Billie had blonde hair at the time. search Absolute Radio 2009 should pop up on youtube or something. That bit happened at the very end of the interview :lol:

Thanks! Here it is from about 4:15, he sounds like a mad man :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu6DqQk-qN0

That reminds me of interview they did many, many years ago in Australia where he said something like he would never act and hated anything to do with hollywood (or something like that).

And the one where he laughed heartily at the idea of an American Idiot Broadway musical and said that would happen "over my dead body".

(not criticizing him for changing his mind on any of these things btw, it's just funny to hear the old quotes now that he has :P)

(not criticizing him for changing his mind on any of these things btw, it's just funny to hear the old quotes now that he has :P)

I've seen him dance. #janedoesnthaveachance #atleasthewillbeinawetsuit

I'm a bit jealous now. #hopewewillseehisarms #hewasachubbyhobobackthenthough #thisshowsucks

Next time he could go to Survivor.

Btw. How did your guitar shopping go?

Hey now, that wouldn't be completely terrible, would it? I think it'd be entertaining as hell. :P Plus, he already survived Broadway, right? :lol:

I can just see it now, the little judge jumps up and screams: "That was a tremendous pasodoble!!!! And Beellie, so sexy." OK, so maybe it would be a good idea. :ga:

I'm a bit jealous now. #hopewewillseehisarms #hewasachubbyhobobackthenthough #thisshowsucks

Next time he could go to Survivor.

Btw. How did your guitar shopping go?

I'm going shopping this afternoon, its 6AM here.

#heneedstoliftforarms

When a celebrity uses Reality TV it makes me cringe, because it has the image that they really need it... fame over, money ran out, age came, staying in the public eye, whatever reason. Makes me feel uncomfortable. Then, in a second thought, I feel I would maybe do the same for whatever reason, if I had the opportunity. In the end it´s just another game. But, well, yes, it has a special taste somehow... probably it´s just me, ´cause Reality TV has a negative image in my eyes. So, they always give me something to work with... :)

I can just see it now, the little judge jumps up and screams: "That was a tremendous pasodoble!!!! And Beellie, so sexy." OK, so maybe it would be a good idea. :ga:

Haha! Yes, like this. Mainstream suits him. ;)

I still don't get why people are so 'concerned' about the reality TV aspect ... it seems to me people are secretly still very hung up on childish ideologies of 'oh I'm better than anyone who watches reality shows cause I listen to rock and my dog's name is Atticus!!!'

I still don't get why people are so 'concerned' about the reality TV aspect ... it seems to me people are secretly still very hung up on childish ideologies of 'oh I'm better than anyone who watches reality shows cause I listen to rock and my dog's name is Atticus!!!'

No, it´s not thinking oneself as "better". It´s just the experience that RTV mostly is trash. At least here most of them are trash. Invented for only one reason: money and rating. Nothing else. And many of the so called celebrities are worn out, forgotten, or 15-minutes-starlets, that desperately try to stay in the public eye. Some of them admit that they do it only for the money and the publicity. It´s kind of a job agency for them. So, yes, RTV has a very negative touch. There are only very few I like to watch every now and then.

What haha?! So do you reckon Billie had a dog named Atticus circa 2004/2005 but it also got killed in the dryer or something and now he is free to openly go on reality shows instead of all that fake bashing he did for years? I can't speak for others here but I for one am sick of Billie having strong opinions about something and then doing a complete u-turn on them. I can't count the number of interviews Billie ranted about how the song American Idiot wasn't just about Bush it was about reality shows (like Fear Factor and the Simpsons Nick & Jessica etc) and how much he hated them and how stupid they were when there was a war going on and well real life and suffering etc. So he would sit on a couch and laugh about the stupidity of reality shows and fans watching at home like me went "Yes! Nice one Billie! Damn this guy is awesome!" because it was actually rare ten years ago when the world was even more obsessed with reality shows than now to say that they were stupid and brand those taking part as "American Idiots". So yeah it's one episode of a reality show, as I said he is not a Kardashian suddenly but it is still a reality show. Why go on it at all? The only celebritys that go on these kinds of shows are the desperate attention seekers...and John Lydon haha. Given Billie's supposed strong views in the past he looks so idiotic doing this.

From the OP it doesn't sound like Billie was even really involved in this, seems more that it was Adrienne's thing.

What haha?! So do you reckon Billie had a dog named Atticus circa 2004/2005 but it also got killed in the dryer or something and now he is free to openly go on reality shows instead of all that fake bashing he did for years? I can't speak for others here but I for one am sick of Billie having strong opinions about something and then doing a complete u-turn on them. I can't count the number of interviews Billie ranted about how the song American Idiot wasn't just about Bush it was about reality shows (like Fear Factor and the Simpsons Nick & Jessica etc) and how much he hated them and how stupid they were when there was a war going on and well real life and suffering etc. So he would sit on a couch and laugh about the stupidity of reality shows and fans watching at home like me went "Yes! Nice one Billie! Damn this guy is awesome!" because it was actually rare ten years ago when the world was even more obsessed with reality shows than now to say that they were stupid and brand those taking part as "American Idiots". So yeah it's one episode of a reality show, as I said he is not a Kardashian suddenly but it is still a reality show. Why go on it at all? The only celebritys that go on these kinds of shows are the desperate attention seekers...and John Lydon haha. Given Billie's supposed strong views in the past he looks so idiotic doing this.

Not all reality shows are the same, it's just a one off episode about a trailer being done up for him. Don't really see how it's a "reality show" actually, it's not following his life. Also if it was a surprise he wasn't even the one who decided to do it :P. What was he meant to do when she surprised him, storm off angrily saying that he hates reality TV and refuse to allow the show to be broadcast?

From the OP it doesn't sound like Billie was even really involved in this, seems more that it was Adrienne's thing.

So by Billie's definition she is an American Idiot now then? :P

"Reality" tv means they both decided...probably had to run it past his manager first for fucks sake! It's tv after all and he is a "celebrity".

So by Billie's definition she is an American Idiot now then? :P

"Reality" tv means they both decided...probably had to run it past his manager first for fucks sake! It's tv after all and he is a "celebrity".

Luckily it causes no harm to anyone in the world.

Not all reality shows are the same, it's just a one off episode about a trailer being done up for him. Don't really see how it's a "reality show" actually, it's not following his life. Also if it was a surprise he wasn't even the one who decided to do it :P. What was he meant to do when she surprised him, storm off angrily saying that he hates reality TV and refuse to allow the show to be broadcast?

Do you really think he didn't know about this beforehand? I mean really? Ever watch PUNK'D on MTV? Did you really think that wasn't pre-arranged? Why are the celebs all in full hair and makeup that probably takes an hour for tv and they never storm off. "Reality" tv is 80% acting. I'd bet my life Billie sat down in his manager's office and signed contracts for the few minutes he will appear on screen and act suprised. That's the reality of reality tv.

Do you really think he didn't know about this beforehand? I mean really? Ever watch PUNK'D on MTV? Did you really think that wasn't pre-arranged? Why are the celebs all in full hair and makeup that probably takes an hour for tv and they never storm off. "Reality" tv is 80% acting. I'd bet my life Billie sat down in his manager's office and signed contracts for the few minutes he will appear on screen and act suprised. That's the reality of reality tv.

Yeah maybe, but maybe they both just thought it'd be a fun thing to do one day when they had nothing better to do? Just a more fun/special way of giving him the gift. I don't really see how it hurts anyone.

Also Green Day have been doing "reality tv" stuff such as shows where fans meet them etc since like Nimrod times. As far as I can see Billie's criticism is of reality shows being given the same prominence in the media as news/important issues, not just reality shows themselves existing.

Yeah maybe, but maybe they both just thought it'd be a fun thing to do one day when they had nothing better to do? Just a more fun/special way of giving him the gift. I don't really see how it hurts anyone.

Nobody suggested this could hurt anybody...obviously. It's clear though some fans are happy to see Billie do literally anything at this point even if it contradicts his own supposed beliefs or things he has stood against strongly in the past. From my pov appearing on this show looks contradictory, and usually a last resort for fame hungry, attention seeking, money desperate celebs and their families at a desperate time in their careers...not a fun way to give anyone a gift. If you want to give someone a gift just DO it...why do you need a fucking camera watching you? That is attention seeking or something wrong somewhere! Some of you may be so desperate to see anything from Billie these days you'd watch a taping of his funeral (sorry lol) but I honestly never thought I'd see the day when Billie Joe Armstrong himself would do reality tv after everything HE said.

Also Green Day have been doing "reality tv" stuff such as shows where fans meet them etc since like Nimrod times. As far as I can see Billie's criticism is of reality shows being given the same prominence in the media as news/important issues, not just reality shows themselves existing.

There were several interviews where he said he hated reality shows/thought they were pointless or stupid and I recall one (Australian show I think) where he specifically named Fear Factor and Nick & Jessica Simpson and said they were the inspiration for American idiot or that Bush wasn't the only person he was singing about it was also reality shows and one or two other things that were annoying him. But yeah there are definitely interviews where he said he hated reality shows and not just in relation to how much coverage they got on tv. Hell the hatred he felt towards Fear Factor and Jessica Simpson helped inspire American Idiot. :)

Nobody suggested this could hurt anybody...obviously. It's clear though some fans are happy to see Billie do literally anything at this point even if it contradicts his own supposed beliefs or things he has stood against strongly in the past. From my pov appearing on this show looks contradictory, and usually a last resort for fame hungry, attention seeking, money desperate celebs and their families at a desperate time in their careers...not a fun way to give anyone a gift. If you want to give someone a gift just DO it...why do you need a fucking camera watching you? That is attention seeking or something wrong somewhere! Some of you may be so desperate to see anything from Billie these days you'd watch a taping of his funeral (sorry lol) but I honestly never thought I'd see the day when Billie Joe Armstrong himself would do reality tv after everything HE said.

I'm sorry but .... what?! How many people have even heard of this channel, let alone this show?! If he was doing I'm A Celebrity then yeah THAT would be a contradiction to what American Idiot was about; but this? He's not a contestant on a gameshow, he is probably going to be in one episode of a makeover show for a couple of minutes. If that! I honestly couldn't care less myself! The thing is when someone does have the opposite opinion to you, and in this instance mine is this this is a far cry from the shit Billie was talking about back in the day, you DO get on your high horse and make it all about how people are so badly salivating over seeing Billie do just about anything while obviously you're just in it for the music and the messages, man.

I'm sorry, but this is NOT the end of the world, it doesn't have anything to do with Green Day, and it doesn't make them these contradictory people you're making them out to be.

'Oh hey Billie I'm thinking of getting those people on that show to make over the van'

'But adrienne I'm a true punk who can't be remotely associated in anyway with a reality show! Not even one no one has heard of!!!!!'

Come oooooon.

Does a show about pimping up trailers or cars or whatever even qualify as "reality television"? And if he was seeking attention, why would he of all shows choose one that is like 99 % about the trailer being pimped and 1 % showing him and his reaction to the gift? And why then would he choose some obscure show on some obscure channel nobody seems to know (at least it seemed so to me reading the posts here, I don't know much about American televsion shows and channels myself)? Personally I think every private photo posted on Instagram shows more of their private lives and is no less attention-seeking, but that's usually considered great and called "sharing their lives with the fans".

I'm also not really sure why Billie gets criticised for doing this when apparently it was Adrienne's idea and decision to wrap this up.

I'm sorry but .... what?! How many people have even heard of this channel, let alone this show?! If he was doing I'm A Celebrity then yeah THAT would be a contradiction to what American Idiot was about; but this? He's not a contestant on a gameshow, he is probably going to be in one episode of a makeover show for a couple of minutes. If that! I honestly couldn't care less myself! The thing is when someone does have the opposite opinion to you, and in this instance mine is this this is a far cry from the shit Billie was talking about back in the day, you DO get on your high horse and make it all about how people are so badly salivating over seeing Billie do just about anything while obviously you're just in it for the music and the messages, man.

I'm sorry, but this is NOT the end of the world, it doesn't have anything to do with Green Day, and it doesn't make them these contradictory people you're making them out to be.

'Oh hey Billie I'm thinking of getting those people on that show to make over the van'

'But adrienne I'm a true punk who can't be remotely associated in anyway with a reality show! Not even one no one has heard of!!!!!'

Come oooooon.

High horse? Lol

I never called GREEN DAY contradictory just Billie.

I really loved your cute little fake coversation at the end of your rant there however nobody mentioned anything about being a "true punk" haha. What has punk got to do with any of this? Lol.

The Armstrongs (and all of Green Day) are business experts. And TV is a part of it. It´s not a sin making money (and probably have fun in doing so) or changing ones mind (in fact, it´s natural, ´cause otherwise there would be a total standstill in personal development). I had different thoughts and opinions when I was a child or a teenager or a twen and have different views today. Yes, there may be things that make me cringe. But - it´s my responsibilty then, not his or theirs.

Like I said not all reality shows are the same! You can dislike some without hating every single show that could possibly be described as one (and a show about doing up a trailer as a surprise for someone hardly qualifies as one anyway imo). And yeah I'm happy for Billie to do anything and change his mind about anything if it doesn't do anyone or anything any harm, why not?

He's doing a reality show. I'm really not sure what to say about this. I guess I should be happy he isn't doing Dancing with the Stars.

I would be so so so happy if he did dancing with the stars! That would be hilarious.

Maybe we should also wait and see how this turns out. It would be funny if it turned out now that he didn't get filmed for that at all. :lol:

But seriously though I think this might be pretty cool!

It makes me laugh when people freak out about GD being in any way shape or form featured in reality shows xD You guys are funny.

Archived