What guitars do you own?

jona92

I don't check this forum much. Are you a Chappers fan?

Oh god yes I am :D I watch his YouTube regurlarly. I don't think I'll ever own one of his guitars purely because I'm a huge Gibson and Les Paul fan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fender Starcaster Strat, which is modified to accommodate an angled humbucker

Fleabass.

Hoping to get a new bass this summer. Maybe I should be looking at guitars though, because the one I have now is very shit.

I have an Ibanez RG120 that I repainted and put Guitarheads Hexbuckers in, a stock Dean Vendetta but I'm gonna put an Invader and a L500XL in, a custom made ESP (my first guitar), and an Ariana acoustic.

Oh god yes I am :D I watch his YouTube regurlarly. I don't think I'll ever own one of his guitars purely because I'm a huge Gibson and Les Paul fan

Gibsons are fantastic, I have to say that. Chapman guitars are also amazing. They're geared to different players though. Gibsons are classic, and you're really paying for an amazing USA-made instrument. Chapman on the other hand has some really fantastic Korean-made axes that are affordable. I've been able to try most of the Chapman range, and they're incredible. They're also really geared towards shredders too.

I would probably get the ML-1 Bea if it had a tone knob. I love everything about it except for that. I use the tone knob quite a bit in my playing, so it would suck not having that.

Fender Starcaster Strat, which is modified to accommodate an angled humbucker

Fleabass.

Hoping to get a new bass this summer. Maybe I should be looking at guitars though, because the one I have now is very shit.

A newer amp is probably a better bet.

Any guitar by Vintage is a good second guitar, IMO the best Gisbon copies out there (other than Epiohone obviously)

• 11 months later...
On 4/27/2015 at 3:58 PM, Grinch said:

Cort CL 1400 Hollow Body 2001

Ibanez Roadster II 1985

Fender Strat 1992

Fender Squier Jaguar P Bass

Well time for an update.

Cort CL 1400 Hollow Body 2001

Ibanez Roadster II 1985

Fender Strat MIK 1992

Squier Jaguar P Bass

2011 Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute

2004(?) Fender Strat Mexican MIM

Fender Starcaster

Vantage 1970s Strat replica

Epiphone SG

2015 Mitchell Element Series Acoustic

Ibanez acoustic (???)

First Act (???)

Yamaha Bass from pawn shop for $25

Bought a Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute, the one with the p90s. Its amazing, absolute blues machine

-Epiphone Les Paul 100

-Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar

-Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Special

-just to add, I use orange amplifiers alongside Boss and Mad Professor pedals at the moment.

• 2 years later...
15 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

I have one of the new 2018 Billie Joe Les Paul Jr sigs

and a Les Paul Special guitar 

😄

What’s the BJA Signature like? I’ve not seen any in a shop

On 10/9/2018 at 2:07 PM, Joe. said:

It is pretty nice. It has a slim / 60s neck and the pickups sound punchy(depending on your amp settings).

Got myself a 2014 Squier Precision - Matt Freeman signature.

Spoiler

cc715de7d6855d7e.jpg

Plugged directly into my Fender Rumble 60w (of the old models, which only has a speaker and a basic EQ), it sounds rather dry. HOWEVER, plugging it into my Zoom G2.1u first (yes, it's a multi-effect for ELECTRIC guitars), maxing the compressor, adding the slightest gain possible and messing around with the EQ, I get a killer tone from that.

I also have a Gibson SG Special Faded, the very low-end of the Gibson brand. I don't touch it as often since I'm mainly a bass player.
(Fun fact: It's not that I play bass because I don't qualify as a guitarist, it's that everyone around me play guitar because they don't qualify as bassists, I'm not even kidding)

I have

-Eddie Van Halen Frankenstrat (handpainted myself--red white and black version)
-Eddie Van Halen Bumblebee (handpainted myself--yellow and black version)
-Eddie Van Halen Baltimore Ravens (handpainted myself--purple white and black version)
-Gibson Billie Joe J-180
-Gibson Billie Joe Les Paul Jr. (white American Idiot tour)
-Black Gibson Les Paul (Billie used this a lot on the 21CB tour)
-Gibson Billie Joe Les Paul Jr. (yellow double cutaway Uno Dos Tre tour) 
-Gibson Billie Joe ES-137
-Fender Mike Dirnt bass
-Fender Jimi Hendrix Monterey Pop Fest (the one he lit on fire) (handpainted myself)
-Fender Strat (my own Blue)
-Gene Simmons Axe
-Takamine ESF40-C Howie Day
-Clear Flying V
-Ktone Shark
-The VERY FIRST BJ GUITAR!!!
-Alvarez 12 string

and coming soon....

2018 Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Jr. Sonic Blue

You can see my guitars on my IG page @bjguitars

I own:

2018 Gibson BJA Les Paul Junior Maraschino Cherry

2012 Gibson BJA Les Paul Junior Doublecut (SD Antiquity P90)

2006 Gibson BJA Les Paul Junior Sunburst (Lollar P90)

Tommy Thayer Epiphone Les Paul White Lightning

2000s Copley Acoustic

2004/7 Humbucker Fender Stratocaster (SD SH-4 JB)

BJ Guitars Strat Copy (L500xl)

Marshall DSL40c

Vox AC4tv8

On 10/9/2018 at 1:07 PM, Joe. said:

Honestly it's probably the best of the three Les Paul Juniors BJ has done with Gibson. The neck is closer to a 59 profile than a standard slim taper (may vary due to manufacturing). The weights of these are all over the place, mine is 6.8 lbs but I've seen examples of almost 9 lbs.

The case is designed better despite losing the beloved leopard print and lock combination latch from gen1/2. The padding is thicker, the supports are in the correct areas, bigger cavity for storage. The top vinyl is not the easy to knick/damage material from past either.

The electronics is really where this one shines. The pots turn so nicely compared to the rocks they used to put on the USA Gibsons. The 57 classic sounds just like a PAF should. It reacts to exactly how you're hitting the string(s). The H90s from the originals were just one trick ponies that were too hot to be versatile.

The wiring I think isn't to standard 50s roll off, but swap the capacitor and/or change the wiring to that and there's not much else to tweak. The only changes I'm doing are strap locks, Knob Pointers, and maybe white bell knobs. 

Walden  D351SR Acoustic (red) - first guitar, parents bought for me as Xmas/birthday(Dec Birthday) gift in high school 

(2006 ish?) Gibson Les Paul Jr Billie Joe Sig. (Ebony) Bought off eBay 5+ Years Ago. - best find ever! 

i have too many guitars to list.

also @LPbilliejr - you can just call it a fender strat. saying "humbucker fender stratocaster" sounds silly because that's not a thing.

1 hour ago, papa said:

also @LPbilliejr - you can just call it a fender strat. saying "humbucker fender stratocaster" sounds silly because that's not a thing.

It is silly, but it is a humbucker fender strat, that's the best description for it. It is not an hsh, hss, sss, it has one humbucker.

2 hours ago, LPbilliejr said:

Honestly it's probably the best of the three Les Paul Juniors BJ has done with Gibson. The neck is closer to a 59 profile than a standard slim taper (may vary due to manufacturing). The weights of these are all over the place, mine is 6.8 lbs but I've seen examples of almost 9 lbs.

The case is designed better despite losing the beloved leopard print and lock combination latch from gen1/2. The padding is thicker, the supports are in the correct areas, bigger cavity for storage. The top vinyl is not the easy to knick/damage material from past either.

The electronics is really where this one shines. The pots turn so nicely compared to the rocks they used to put on the USA Gibsons. The 57 classic sounds just a PAF should. It reacts to exactly how you're hitting the string(s). The H90s from the originals were just one trick ponies that were too hot to be versatile.

The wiring I think isn't to standard 50s roll off, but swap the capacitor and/or change the wiring to that and there's not much else to tweak. The only changes I'm doing are strap locks, Knob Pointers, and maybe white bell knobs. 

Glad its a great guitar, I just couldn't entertain owning it as that sort of price tag would make any guitar my one and only, and it just doesn't seem versatile enough with one pickup, is there routing for a neck pickup?

6 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Glad its a great guitar, I just couldn't entertain owning it as that sort of price tag would make any guitar my one and only, and it just doesn't seem versatile enough with one pickup, is there routing for a neck pickup?

There is not, it is a regular Junior body with a humbucker route in the bridge only. Honestly if you're looking for that, the 2010s-2012 les paul special is what would suit your needs. 

2 hours ago, papa said:

Does it really matter what @LPbilliejr calls or refers to it as? 

It's all good, I get triggered when Juniors get referred to as Specials, so it's fair lol.

3 hours ago, papa said:

oh do you? 😉

17 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Does it really matter what @LPbilliejr calls or refers to it as? 

yes it does

16 hours ago, TracksAtChristieRoad said:

oh do you? 😉

i dont get it.

Archived