Kerrang reviews HoB show and history of Green Day's career

stuart_and_the_ave

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I asked my dad to get me this and I told him that the cover is Billie Joe jumping and looking elegant. His reply was "Hardly. Not a word I'd associate with Billy". Okay... :lol:

He clearly says "long while". or maybe he's just trying to pronouce something entirely else, but he's too wasted to talk normally.

Wino Billie Joe

He clearly says "long while". or maybe he's just trying to pronouce something entirely else, but he's too wasted to talk normally.

Wino Billie Joe

Ha you are convinced something's up

Gosh, I'm torn. Part of me thinks it sounds like "little" in all the videos. Part of me thinks we should trust the people who were actually there. Part of me hates the other two parts of me for giving a shit and perpetuating this stupid discussion.

Everyone I was with heard "little while". "Long while" is kind of awkward to say, I think he'd just say a while if he meant a long time.

Just shelled out $15 for this, I'm an idiot, but come on, a magazine cover dedicated to a small show I went to?

Just shelled out $15 for this, I'm an idiot, but come on, a magazine cover dedicated to a small show I went to?

Where did you buy it? I think I want to buy one too.

Where did you buy it? I think I want to buy one too.

This, I think, was the cheapest one when you total in shipping costs!

This, I think, was the cheapest one when you total in shipping costs!

OK, I bought it. That was a difficult decision. :)

OK, I bought it. That was a difficult decision. :)

I just bought my BFlo ticket and this at the same time so I'm really the pinnacle of smart spending rn :lol:

And oblig "I'm going to compliment Brandon publicly on GDC so you can show this page to him and get his ass on here" post (just pretend I'm a random stranger or something :lol:)!

I just bought my BFlo ticket and this at the same time so I'm really the pinnacle of smart spending rn :lol:

And oblig "I'm going to compliment Brandon publicly on GDC so you can show this page to him and get his ass on here" post (just pretend I'm a random stranger or something :lol:)!

He refuses to join GDC. :( He thinks it requires devoting hours upon hours to posting. Now what would give him that idea? :lol:

He refuses to join GDC. :( He thinks it requires devoting hours upon hours to posting. Now what would give him that idea? :lol:

FFS you can pretend to be an inanimate object and make horrible puns and become adored on the site, it's not that hard to become GDC famoustm! :lol:

People hear what they want to hear. He also had tears in his eyes when he said it, which kinda edges towards long.

So you wanted to hear "long"? And you wanted to see tears? :P

BJ hates the name "Green Day"? So maybe they will give themselves a new name. That would explain why they would stay away for a "long while", because Green Day wouldn´t exist as Green Day anymore. And it would explain why he said "lil while", because they come back soon but not under the name Green Day. Oh, hell, this doesn´t make sense... BJ symptom...

So you wanted to hear "long"? And you wanted to see tears? :P

BJ hates the name "Green Day"? So maybe they will give themselves a new name. That would explain why they would stay away for a "long while", because Green Day wouldn´t exist as Green Day anymore. And it would explain why he said "lil while", because they come back soon but not under the name Green Day. Oh, hell, this doesn´t make sense... BJ symptom...

Tbh, Green Day is a fucking terrible band name. :lol:

Tbh, Green Day is a fucking terrible band name. :lol:

Yeah, but the report says he hated the name "Sweet Children" and now he hates the name "Green Day." Or was I the only one who read that...? Green Children in the end? Or Foxboro Hot Tubs finally?

The Network will return!

Today I was thinking about this long while thing and it made me really sad for some reason. I'm probably just too emotional and reading too much into it, but seeing Billie being so sad just made me uncomfortable. I shouldn've watched it again. The prospect of no Green Day for a long while is extremely unpleasant and I don't know what to think about it at all. this is just so fucking odd.

I actually heard a rumour that he was drinking wine backstage. Probably bollocks though.

It's a final proof that he only performs well when he drinks.

It doesn't require hours and hours of posting, but you eventually end up doing it anyway. Smart man for avoiding what is obviously a trap :P

Gosh, I'm torn. Part of me thinks it sounds like "little" in all the videos. Part of me thinks we should trust the people who were actually there. Part of me hates the other two parts of me for giving a shit and perpetuating this stupid discussion.

Getting older Alex? :P

To me it 110% sounds like little, it's clear as day. Surely audio wouldn't f.ck up that much?

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I definitely hear "little". However, like someone said two pages ago, "little" could mean anything. And I think they'll still have quite some more time off, because otherwise it wouldn't really make any sense that he was saying that's why that day was so important to him. Not sure if I expressed myself well there :lol:

I really really want to hear new stuff from them, but I have this feeling that we're not gonna hear it for quite a while, just thinking about Rob Cavallo's statement "when they do return" and everyone's fear of not seeing them back.

Every night I dream the same dream.

I don't get this reference. If it is one...

I don't get this reference. If it is one...

It's a song by a band you might be familiar with.

Archived