Kerrang reviews HoB show and history of Green Day's career

stuart_and_the_ave

Says the same guy who gave a nod to the Trilogy. However, I believe these demos exist.

The Trilogy wasn't that bad

*waiting for Trilogy haters to attack in 3 2 1...*

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rob Cavallo also said of the trilogy that there wasn't a stinker in the bunch. While I have faith in Billie's songwriting prowess, I'm beginning to question Cavallo's judgement.

The Trilogy wasn't that bad

*waiting for Trilogy haters to attack in 3 2 1...*

I agree. On the other hand, Cavallo could've done his job much better.

I agree. On the other hand, Cavallo could've done his job much better.

Yup. The production was the biggest issue with the trilogy. Other issues were minor.

Nothing against Cavallo. This literally happens every time a new artist releases music ever. Take it with a grain of salt, as always.

Yup. The production was the biggest issue with the trilogy. Other issues were minor.

The other issues weren't minor, though. The lyrics were weak compared to anything else they've done before and the music doesn't sound very complex, either. It would be difficult to change that with production - it's very simple. Almost too simple :D

Nothing Green Day has ever done sounded complex, but yeah the lyrics are also an issue that needs to be addressed. I think there are a lot of gems in there though.

With Billie facing his demons in the time since the trilogy, I feel like we're going to get a lot more quality control.

I'll take Rob's comments with a pinch of salt. He's not gonna say anything else is he? Also, he's probably looking to work with them if/when they next record, so he's not gonna badmouth it.

What the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk this has got me hyped as hell. Hopefully there is some merit to it. Guess we'll find out eventually eh

This is awesome, can't wait to read. :D

Just got my hands on digital and I wish I did earlier, so stuart_and_the_ave wouldn't have had to scan. Argh!

Cool quote, encouraging, excited to see how things progress and unfold in terms of the new album :) Granted, everyone says "ohh theyre at their best" whenever an artist is working on new material, but I'd rather him say this than "oh it's good" or not say anything, roll on the future months!

Rob Cavallo also said of the trilogy that there wasn't a stinker in the bunch.

If Cavallo actually said that, my hype levels for the new music have just plummeted.

Rob Cavallo also said of the trilogy that there wasn't a stinker in the bunch. While I have faith in Billie's songwriting prowess, I'm beginning to question Cavallo's judgement.

Granted, Demolicious is pretty fucking good. The biggest problem with the trilogy is its production. Raw, it's very enjoyable, even if the lyrics are a little off. The fun music makes up for that.

Granted, Demolicious is pretty fucking good. The biggest problem with the trilogy is its production. Raw, it's very enjoyable, even if the lyrics are a little off. The fun music makes up for that.

Ehh, Demolicious IS amazing, but it also cut out a lot of the shittier songs. Not all of them State of Shock but most of them.

What happened to you over 4 days in cleveland

Ehh, Demolicious IS amazing, but it also cut out a lot of the shittier songs. Not all of them State of Shock but most of them.

Oh, yeah, I agree. Not EVERY trilogy song is amazing, and State of Shock sucks, but the trilogy songs as a whole, IMO, wouldn't have been bad if they would've cut down the amount and made the trilogy a double album with a raw sound. Actually, those songs would've been fucking great and probably well-received.

What happened to you over 4 days in cleveland

:lol: I know, I was listening to Shenanigans today and I was like "OMG THIS IS AMAZING!!!" and then I realized I've got "it" bad right now.

Oh, yeah, I agree. Not EVERY trilogy song is amazing, and State of Shock sucks, but the trilogy songs as a whole, IMO, wouldn't have been bad if they would've cut down the amount and made the trilogy a double album with a raw sound. Actually, those songs would've been fucking great and probably well-received.

:lol: I know, I was listening to Shenanigans today and I was like "OMG THIS IS AMAZING!!!" and then I realized I've got "it" bad right now.

Absolutely agree. A double album as raw as Demolicious with the best cuts from the Trilogy? Pure gold. Also, Shenanigans is amazing.

Absolutely agree. A double album as raw as Demolicious with the best cuts from the Trilogy? Pure gold. Also, Shenanigans is amazing.

Shenanigans was actually the third Green Day album I ever heard. First was American Idiot, second was Warning. My parents bought me American Idiot after months of me throwing a fit and begging for it, and the other two I ripped from the library. I used to listen to it all the time and I never realized it was a b-sides-ish compilation until much, much later. You can't really tell, tbh. A lot of the songs are really good.

Who would badmouth his own work?

"The band wrote mediocre material, I fucked up the production, the promotion failed to promote anything so I ended up with a garage full of unsold records and then the lead singer went to rehab and we were screwed" - said no one in music industry ever

it doesn't mean they are not aware of their mistakes and won't learn from them.

Just uploading the scan to imgur,it's taking a while

No problem, I'll get them tomorrow. PM me your address

Will do and thank you so much! :hug::rose::wub:

This is cool, but like previous comments, I question Rob's judgment. :lol: whatever Green Day puts out, rather it's another chart-breaking American Idiot or an album of lullabies with Green Day lyrics, I'll probably still buy it and still listen to it.

Archived