Announcement or trolling?

Billie Hoe

This might be nothing and I don't really have a source to this, but I just saw this on tumblr.

It felt like this wasn't important enough for the Green Day News thread... but it definitely made made me think "What the hell?!"

See for yourselves:

tumblr_nn7zczAFn81r5w7ofo1_540.jpg

Why would a radio station announce something like this before Green Day?
Tbh, I hope they take it slow with their new album... It seems like they only got started a few weeks ago.

I'm calling bullshit

Edit: Btw, this was posted today

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the 1,039th time, no. This is not legit.

I know there was no announcement from Green Day, but this is referring to a radio station...

tumblr is like the most reliable source ever :P wishful thinkin

i feel like i said i don't have a real source :lol:

Well, I mean it's possible since Rob Cavallo says he's heard 5 new songs. But I don't know how this radio show would know when the album would be released.

Yup it's true, it's out October 14th at 11 o'clock.

I can't wait, I'm making a special countdown calendar :runaround:

I know there was no announcement from Green Day, but this is referring to a radio station...

i feel like i said i don't have a real source :lol:

I know what it's referring to. It's still not legit. Cleveland.com posted that article based on nothing. Then other papers and sites picked up the rumor and ran with it, and someone probably said it on the radio without following the trail back to the source, which doesn't exist, because there is no source.

I highly doubt that sophisticated Tumblr user "reallylaurareally" has any actual clue of what she's talking about.

no really, she just said that the House of Blues show was a secret show... :mellow:

I know what it's referring to. It's still not legit. Cleveland.com posted that article based on nothing. Then other papers and sites picked up the rumor and ran with it, and someone probably said it on the radio without following the trail back to the source, which doesn't exist, because there is no source.

man, if they picked that up NOW then they're pretty late...

For the 1,039th time, no. This is not legit.

Nowhere near that high. Only around 80th, maybe 86th at a push

If I had a nickel for every time someone on this forum fell for that "announcement" BS, I'd be worth at least as much as Billie Joe will be after the divorce.

Oh, the announcement again?! And, of course, it's coming from a local radio station. Sounds super legit!

But not really!

I highly doubt that sophisticated Tumblr user "reallylaurareally" has any actual clue of what she's talking about.

Really kay? Really?

Most likely trolling, but can always hope!

Or maybe that's Billie Joe's secret Tumblr account.....

Or maybe that's Billie Joe's secret Tumblr account.....

Lol no... :D

Well, I mean it's possible since Rob Cavallo says he's heard 5 new songs. But I don't know how this radio show would know when the album would be released.

When did RC say that? I must have missed it :)

When did RC say that? I must have missed it :)

He is quoted as saying that in the new issue of Kerrang! with Billie on the cover! :)

He is quoted as saying that in the new issue of Kerrang! with Billie on the cover! :)

Oh cool :)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6538693/patti-smith-gets-emotional-yoko-ono-misses-john-and-george-more-seen-heard-at

Green Day livened up its red carpet arrival before the ceremony by crossing over to the fan viewing area to press flesh, sign autographs and take pictures with some clearly surprised and overwhelmed fans. Afterwards, bassist Mike Dirnt spoke with Billboard. "It’s humbling, but I feel like it justified everybody’s belief in this band outside of just the band," he said. "It’s really about the fans.” Drummer Tre Cool termed the experience “unreal. It’s so cool. Cleveland definitely rocks tonight.” Green Day, of course, opened the 2012 induction ceremony when it was last in Cleveland; asked if they could have imagined then being inducted upon its return, Dirnt said, “Never in a million years,” while Cool quipped, “I thought it would be four or five years later.” What’s next for Green Day, which recently resumed rehearsing, according to Dirnt? “More ass-kicking,” Cool answered.

This "Cool answered" in text end, means "Tré Cool" or "Good answer"?

Saw the same post and didn't start the thread because I wanted to avoid further disappointment. I don't buy it.

How could anybody REMOTELY believe anything like that? It literally bends my brain. WHY would you even SORT OF believe this? Why?? HOW????

Archived