SO...whats next?

BucksCoEric

Since i havent seen a topic about this i figured id start one. If theres a thread thats already talking about this i apologize. Anyway, whats next for green day? This weekend was clearly an enormous milestone for them and an incredibly emotional time for them and us. Now we have to wait and see what theyre gonna do next. Personally i think theyll remain fairly quiet until the fall and thats when we might get our first hint of them going into the studio to as mike said gear up to kick ass again. What do you guys think will be next for them and when do you think itll happen?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A computer game that comes only on floppy disk.. next month

Next we get those post-House of Blues and post-Hall of Fame announcements that we have been promised.

They indicated pretty strongly that they're working on new material right now. As for where they are in the process, it's impossible for us to know. My guess is that we won't hear new material until at least early 2016.

Next we get those post-House of Blues and post-Hall of Fame announcements that we have been promised.

There was no announcements - it was speculation.

I expect them to have more frequent updates now, but not actually do anything until this fall.

I am thinking a few more months off just to take in everything, write some new material, jam. Then in four months, Mike will start posting pictures of the boys jamming and include very vague tags that will lead to a lot of speculation. Then Billie will post a picture of his guitar, with a caption that really doesn't say all that much. And then finally, we will get an announcement of them recording new stuff. Just a rough guess

According to Mike: "more kicking ass". I bet they take this year off and come out with a new album next year and a tour to go with it. If we're lucky we'll get a few small club shows in the interem for the boys to stay loose.

Billie said soemthing along the the lines of

"I have songs written but dont wanna rush things" so i dont think we'll get anything for a while

They'll wait until June to finally enter studio and, record their highly awaited "Green Day sings Christmas" due in December

There was no announcements - it was speculation.

Nope, you gotta believe!

Didn't you hear? Billie Joe is getting divorced and the band is calling it a career.

Watch out. You'll get suspended for that opinion.

Im rather surprised how hard they rocked these last 2 shows i haven't seen them be this good since the beginning of the 21st century breakdown tour, as in they are happy and performing well, i dont need a new album or anything like that as long as they keep playing and eventually come buy the Midwest ill be fine. #greentextswag

and eventually come buy the Midwest ill be fine. #greentextswag

I think buying the entire midwest is a bit out of their budget :P

They can always buy Vanuatu and save it from eventually sinking.

Darn, I was not supposed to share this.

Alright, both in one thread, so I gotta say it...

Iva, Ceadog...you could be twins, separated at birth and thrown into different countries.

I think buying the entire midwest is a bit out of their budget :P

Debatable. There isn't that much here.

I think they'll begin on new material in the studio soon. I think Billie is writing now and we will have an announcement by the autumn, i don't think they'll disappear into the shadows for a year, it wouldn't make much sense

Archived