SO...whats next?

BucksCoEric

The usual wait for a Green Day album. Lots of rumors (album titles, songs) and microscopic clips from the studio. That will go on for months until finally there are some official titles and maybe a 30 second snippet of a song, potentially the lead single. Then nothing for a while. Then we get a rough estimate of when this album will be released (probably September-October-ish) and start hearing more. An official track listing. A few crappy sounding but complete songs will be leaked on the internet. A few weeks before the album is due, the album will be leaked (but kind of hard to find even if GDA gets word, because 'leaks are morally wrong'). We all scour the inter-webs and listen to the leak non-stop for two weeks straight right up until the physical album is released. We all go running to the closest music store to grab a copy, even though we're already sick of listening to the leak. Then we all get on here and either claim the album to be the greatest thing Green Day has ever done in 30 years, or we whine and moan about how it's not as good as Dookie or American Idiot. THAT is what is next. Oh, and the lead single will come out before the album but will have generally mixed reviews from everyone, and while it will be a good song, it will not really be a good representation of what the album is about. This is the process we have went through 10 times now. So.......this is it. This is what Green Day will do next. As for the sound of the album, it will sound like Green Day, 2015-16. About the success of said album, only time (and fans wallets) will tell. I'm looking forward to the Third Coming of Green Day. Third Cumming! That is the new album title right there.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if they'll release a greatest hits album or something. International Superhits its quite out-dated and doesn't even include songs from the first two albums. It would also seem appropriate after just being accepted into the Hall of Fame.

I wonder if they'll release a greatest hits album or something. International Superhits its quite out-dated and doesn't even include songs from the first two albums. It would also seem appropriate after just being accepted into the Hall of Fame.

I haven't even thought about that... that would be a good idea probably.. But I would want to see a new album first and then a greatest hits album, 'cause otherwise it would be two records without any new material (Demolicious included)

Yeah, like, y'all know this DecliningStandards guy is just that LostHighway twat from earlier, right?

Mods these days, I swear.

Just kidding, you guys are great <3

You really think so?

You really think so?

What, about the dupe accounts, or the mods? Cause yes to both.

You really think so?

Yeah it was a dupe account, banned now.

Maybe some Intergalatic Superhits..? ;)

(I was working on it before, but it's still not done)

I think Green Day releasing a greatest hits album would be the only thing I'd hate more than them not doing anything. At least AAF was live, a Hits record is just the fucking height of laziness.

Here's something I worked on for fun a while ago, I'll probably get around to finishing it :)

rKMXJrG.jpg

Fair enough, perhaps another Shenanigans-type album then with covers and demos or another side project. The fact Billie says he doesn't want to rush new material leads me to believe anything Green Day related coming before this new album (which I expect to drop either late 2016/ early 2017) will be rather minimal.

I don't care how long it takes them, but all I want is a new album of good songs. Nothing else.

What, about the dupe accounts, or the mods? Cause yes to both.

Yeah it was a dupe account, banned now.

Huh, okay, that's weird. I mean, "both" of them talked a lot of bullshit (well obviously it's only one person now), both of them tried so hard to kiss the mods'/admins' asses and both of them tried to antagonize me but they did act differently :D I mean DecliningStandards actually apologized to me via PM... but in such a ridiculous way that I just sat here and thought to myself "who the fuck took a dump in his head?" Really, he said "I'm a 19 year old guy with everything going for him. Looks, academic brilliance and success. Just one problem. I have a broken heart." :D :D :D

This is such obvious bullshit, that sounds like he copied that from a really bad fanfiction.

Either way, I'm glad they're both gone now :D I sang Hallelujah when I read about that.

Here's something I worked on for fun a while ago, I'll probably get around to finishing it :)

rKMXJrG.jpg

That looks awesome! :woot:

Fair enough, perhaps another Shenanigans-type album then with covers and demos or another side project. The fact Billie says he doesn't want to rush new material leads me to believe anything Green Day related coming before this new album (which I expect to drop either late 2016/ early 2017) will be rather minimal.

Oh, I hope not... I mean the trilogy + Demolicious was pretty much a Shenanigans, I really don't need to hear more songs of this kind :D

I do hope he doesn't rush things... Rome wasn't build in a day :rolleyes:

He just needs to slow down a bit, I think, and really think of some good lyrics. We all know he's a fantastic songwriter, he has proven that more than one time :D

They'll probably do some shows this Fall and enter the studio. (** An by shows, I mean clubs, just like they did for the Trilogy**). I'd like to get an album around May 2016 and a summer tour. That'd be great if until then, some stuff that's on the shelf for right now(movies, mostly) would get done/released (eg: HLAHG, American Idiot : The Movie, Early Days documentary, East bay punk documentary). If Green Day wasn't gonna do shit this year, Billie Joe wouldn't have tweeted/instagram'ed the #GreenDay2015 thing a few months ago.

If Green Day wasn't gonna do shit this year, Billie Joe wouldn't have tweeted/instagram'ed the #GreenDay2015 thing a few months ago.

Yeah, getting inducted into the Hall of Fame wasn't enough to make 2015 a big deal or anything.

Yeah, getting inducted into the Hall of Fame wasn't enough to make 2015 a big deal or anything.

Billie Joe didn't even know he'd get inducted, he tweeted the thing a month before anything about HoF was announced

Billie Joe didn't even know he'd get inducted, he tweeted the thing a month before anything about HoF was announced

We still don't know if the band was already aware of the induction before it went public though. The day they were announced as inductees, a slew of Rolling Stone articles with full interviews were immediately published, which means those interviews were done well ahead of time. I wouldn't be surprised if he knew if they were getting inducted when he Instagrammed the #GreenDay2015 thing.

If Green Day wasn't gonna do shit this year, Billie Joe wouldn't have tweeted/instagram'ed the #GreenDay2015 thing a few months ago.

Maybe he was merely being sentimental, because a lot of bands broke up and reunited and stuff... :D

But yeah, I was really excited when I saw that too :) I mean, they ARE working on new stuff and it's 2015 so .. but I don't think an album will pop up in 2015 :lol:

We still don't know if the band was already aware of the induction before it went public though. The day they were announced as inductees, a slew of Rolling Stone articles with full interviews were immediately published, which means those interviews were done well ahead of time. I wouldn't be surprised if he knew if they were getting inducted when he Instagrammed the #GreenDay2015 thing.

and we'll never know. Green Day won't stay quiet for another year, they started jamming again, Billie Joe must have more than just 5 new songs written(I'm pretty sure he's been writting ever since rehab, and hasn't stopped). They'll do some teasing on Twitter/Instagram all year long. I'm pretty sure Cleveland wasn't their only gig in 2015.

and we'll never know. Green Day won't stay quiet for another year, they started jamming again, Billie Joe must have more than just 5 new songs written(I'm pretty sure he's been writting ever since rehab, and hasn't stopped). They'll do some teasing on Twitter/Instagram all year long. I'm pretty sure Cleveland wasn't their only gig in 2015.

Maybe they won't though... If I remember correctly the club shows where they introduced their new songs were a new thing for them. In Cuatro Billie said "This is the first time that we let people in in the actual process" or something like that. Maybe they'll do it differently this time and keep absolutely quiet about all new material and then drop the bomb when it's done.

That doesn't mean they won't have gigs in 2015 and tease us, so you're right :D I don't think Billie can go a very long time without having a show ^^

Maybe they'll do it differently this time and keep absolutely quiet about all new material and then drop the bomb when it's done.

In a more recent interview, didn't Billie say that's what he'd prefer? When he was describing the process of dropping Foreverly out of nowhere, IIRC.

In a more recent interview, didn't Billie say that's what he'd prefer? When he was describing the process of dropping Foreverly out of nowhere, IIRC.

I don't know, what interview was that?

yes, like announcing a secret club show, without any teasing beforehand

Billie is actually an exceptional actor. His performances in various indie movies were all calculated moves to persuade us otherwise, and his demeanor / comments at the HoB show were actually a carefully planned facade to throw us all off. Green Day will be dropping a new album on us out of the blue any day now. All we can do is wait.

#conspiracy #rhymeswithGDC

Billie is actually an exceptional actor. His performances in various indie movies were all calculated moves to persuade us otherwise, and his demeanor / comments at the HoB show were actually a carefully planned facade to throw us all off. Green Day will be dropping a new album on us out of the blue any day now. All we can do is wait.

#conspiracy #rhymeswithGDC

Don't fuck with me, man. I'm desperate enough to believe you right now. :lol:

Archived