SO...whats next?

BucksCoEric

Well, I'll be getting out of bed in a few minutes

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would guess a bit more rest, then into the studio to make a new album, then releasing the album, then going on tour. Standard. But hopefully some surprises in between as well. No real way to predict an exact time frame though.

Hopefully they're over their garage rock bullshit phase.

Booo

Personally I would have loved a tour, no album needed. But that won't happen. They'll probably take some time of, then make a new record, then tour.

I expect a collaboration with Skrillex. Anything else would just be disappointing

I expect them to arrange a huge event but this time focusing on their failures. Basically 2 hours of explaining themselves and apologising. Man, that would be sweet.

Clearly they will replace Billie with Miley Cyrus

Yeah, it seemed like Mike and Miley got along really well at the Hall of Fame

Billie said at HoB that "this is the last time you'll be seeing me this close for a while", so I'm expecting nothing just now, a new album next year with a stadium tour.

A computer game that comes only on floppy disk.. next month

I'd be up for that.

I really want a summer, outdoor stadium tour with no songs from the Trilogy on the setlist. That's all.

except of course for Nightlife and Lady Cobra and maybe a few other songs from Dos

Another Network album oh man that would be noice for me at least haha

I expect them to arrange a huge event but this time focusing on their failures. Basically 2 hours of explaining themselves and apologising. Man, that would be sweet.

Well, at least ONE member of GDC would be happy with that :lol:

Well, at least ONE member of GDC would be happy with that :lol:

I think we have the same person in mind :D

I'm going to guess and say they'll go completely silent for a while, then we may get a new Green Day album either late 2015 or early to mid 2016. I'm more curious about the sound of the next album though

I'm going to guess and say they'll go completely silent for a while, then we may get a new Green Day album either late 2015 or early to mid 2016. I'm more curious about the sound of the next album though

I'm thinking it'll be darker than the Trilogy, maybe a more Insomniac-like thing - they've gone through some hard personal stuff and the Trilogy seemed to get out all the "fuck it, we're gonna make mindless fun for the hell of it" excess energy, so I can see them getting more serious with the next one.

they will reform as grunge day and cover songs by eddie vedder's band hovercraft,and songs from the touch soundtrack.

I'm thinking it'll be darker than the Trilogy, maybe a more Insomniac-like thing - they've gone through some hard personal stuff and the Trilogy seemed to get out all the "fuck it, we're gonna make mindless fun for the hell of it" excess energy, so I can see them getting more serious with the next one.

Some songs were still pretty serious, lazy bones or many songs in Tre.

Some songs were still pretty serious, lazy bones or many songs in Tre.

True, and I think that might be kind of the direction they'll head in, though perhaps with an overall darker sound.

True, and I think that might be kind of the direction they'll head in, though perhaps with an overall darker sound.

I'd love that :D

I really want a summer, outdoor stadium tour with no songs from the Trilogy on the setlist. That's all.

I wouldn't mind a few. Missing You, Lazy Bones... I'm actually a little sad they didn't play Stay the Night on Thursday.

Maybe we'll get another American Idiot-style album if Americans elect a republican as their next president

I wouldn't mind a few. Missing You, Lazy Bones... I'm actually a little sad they didn't play Stay the Night on Thursday.

I would have been dead if they did the acoustic version of Stay the Night. If they had closed the show with that, dead absolutely dead.

Musically, I think they're either going to do something pretty similar to the Trilogy, or move completely away from it, either back to a more roots sound, or something new entirely.

I'm not sure which of those possibilities terrifies me the most :mellow:

Maybe we'll get another American Idiot-style album if Americans elect a republican as their next president

We will never get another American Idiot. And frankly, that's OK with me. You just can't replicate perfection.

We will never get another American Idiot. And frankly, that's OK with me. You just can't replicate perfection.

Noo, I didn't mean that. :) I meant just more politically influenced songs.. I don't expect them to ever publish anything like American Idiot again :P It's hard to top an album like this

Noo, I didn't mean that. :) I meant just more politically influenced songs.. I don't expect them to ever publish anything like American Idiot again :P It's hard to top an album like this

I'm not sure if we'll ever get anything political again either. Plus, I don't even really see American Idiot as that political... the coming of age story is more prominent to me than its political nature. American Idiot just came from such an inspired place, I just wonder if they even want to touch that concept again.

Archived