One Weekend In Cleveland (or Céadóg Writes A Massive Load Of Shite But You're Gonna Read It Anyway Because It's Him)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still disappointed that Billie got away withought having his ass kicked.

Ceadagh was fangirling just as much as anyone. We shared a moment during Waiting that I'll never forget. Even though we all got separated, he made a point to find me and point at the same exact time I was looking for him, because he remembered my "if I hear this song I'll die" list.

The Irishman is a Green Day lovin' teddy bear, trust me. <3

Great read, Ceadog!

My emotions are such a fucking disaster. I honestly don't believe what I was able to experience this weekend. Never again will I see an event like this. The whole thing was such a beautiful celebration of the band that I love and for some reason I now listen to their music in a way I haven't listened to it before. I can't really explain it, but the whole weekend was like some sort of religious experience. I imagine this is what my heaven is like.

The worst part about the whole thing happening here in Cleveland is now it's gone :( I feel like all of my friends came and threw this awesome party and now everyone's gone. I'm seeing Noel Gallagher at House of Blues in June and I just feel like it's going to be so weird going to shows there after Green Day played there.

I'm just a sentimental mess.

Oh my, yes, I do know this kind of feeling... when it seems nothing else can top this... everything else can only be rather lame or stale or less... But... better don´t say "never again"... ;)

Ceadagh was fangirling just as much as anyone. We shared a moment during Waiting that I'll never forget. Even though we all got separated, he made a point to find me and point at the same exact time I was looking for him, because he remembered my "if I hear this song I'll die" list.

This is so sweet... my second :wub: for Céadóg...

I'd completely forgotten about that :lol: I might just have been checking to see if you were still alive at that stage though :P

I'd completely forgotten about that :lol: I might just have been checking to see if you were still alive at that stage though :P

Don't ruin it for her! :lol:

I'm tired of letting out massive 'aww's, this is all so sweet.

Don't ruin it for her! :lol:

I'm tired of letting out massive 'aww's, this is all so sweet.

I did remember that she loved the song, but I was mostly hoping for her to be still alive given how awful the pit was :P

Great recap! Thanks for writing it, it entertained me.

Also wow didn't realize it was Hannah Billie was speaking to there, how fabulous!

I did remember that she loved the song, but I was mostly hoping for her to be still alive given how awful the pit was :P

Why was the pit so bad though? =/ I read multiple times about how you were all hit by someone. Don't other people know how to behave and let everyone have a good time? Or is it 'punk rock' to annoy and injure people, I really don't get it.

Why was the pit so bad though? =/ I read multiple times about how you were all hit by someone. Don't other people know how to behave and let everyone have a good time? Or is it 'punk rock' to annoy and injure people, I really don't get it.

It was bad because they let people from the balcony down into the pit, so it was overcrowded to start with. Then, you had assholes pushing and shoving and fighting like they were in a death metal pit, not a Green Day pit. It was so packed that I couldn't even put my hands up and people were being so rude. One girl lost her glasses and no one would help her, they just trampled on them. The stupid thing was, even people in the back were way closer to Green Day than they would have been if they were seeing Green Day at a normal stadium, but they had to go pushing and shoving like assholes just to get a couple of inches closer. It was vile. I had a 300 pound, 6 foot plus man grinding his elbow into my shoulder trying to peel me out of second row during the entire Sweet Children set, it was horrible. No etiquette whatsoever.

I'm interested as to what Taylor Hawkins did to make you think he was a bellend, because he does seem like one to be honest!

Nope, you were being sweet. Don't ruin it. :P

gotta say that seeing ceadagh fanboy the entire show was one of the best parts for me. obviously i knew he really does love them but it was so fun to see :P

in all the crowd shots from the night that we're in we both look completely miserable, it's hilarious. i'll have to post them later.

also yes everyone i am alive and okay!! i still feel like i've been hit by a truck and i have a sore neck but i will survive. mostly i still can't believe i actually survived three fucking hours in that pit haha.

gotta say that seeing ceadagh fanboy the entire show was one of the best parts for me. obviously i knew he really does love them but it was so fun to see :P

in all the crowd shots from the night that we're in we both look completely miserable, it's hilarious. i'll have to post them later.

also yes everyone i am alive and okay!! i still feel like i've been hit by a truck and i have a sore neck but i will survive. mostly i still can't believe i actually survived three fucking hours in that pit haha.

My left arm is so bruised from the guy that crushed Kay, and I still can't feel my feet. :(

I couldn't find any crowd shots with me in them, sadly.

My left arm is so bruised from the guy that crushed Kay, and I still can't feel my feet. :(

I couldn't find any crowd shots with me in them, sadly.

My leg is so fucking bruised from wood's and my mad dash for the hotel room door haha. It's currently about 5 different colors!

I'm interested as to what Taylor Hawkins did to make you think he was a bellend, because he does seem like one to be honest!

He came out and hastily scribbled a couple of things for autograph hunters but refused to talk or even acknowledge anyone else. Just seemed a bit rude, considering he was just a guest at the induction.

Inducting Joan Jett.

And doing an awesome job at it, if I do say so myself. I was very impressed.

I said the same thing about only being pulled out of the pit if I'm dead! :lol:

That's how I felt but I ended up giving in, haha. I left the pit right when they started "Waiting" because I felt like I was going to pass out. I kept trying to make way up towards you guys or towards the edge of the crowd or even towards any shorter people I could find but somehow I always ended up in the middle of a bunch of 6 feet tall boys. I couldn't breathe for half the show, I swear. I'd be pushed forward and my throat would be shoved up against some guy's back and my head would be at a weird angle and I couldn't move my arms. And the guy that started the fight and almost broke Hannah's neck almost broke my nose too because he has a lousy aim, tbh. And I got elbowed in the head so many times, Jesus. I'm surprised I don't have a concussion.

After "Waiting" I just decided that I needed to get out of there or I would pass out or throw up and I was so far away from home that I didn't want to risk fucking myself up because God knows I wouldn't know what to do if I ended up in a hospital in Cleveland after being trampled by 700 insane Green Day fans. :lol:

Shout out to Brandon though because he's literally the only reason I made it through most of the show. I saw an opening and managed to get behind him 'cause I figured "he's such a big guy that if I'm behind him, I won't be brutally murdered." Lasted behind him for a majority of the gig, until some girl literally elbowed me, hit me on the side of the head, and took my spot so she could get a picture of Mike Dirnt. :dry:

It was bad because they let people from the balcony down into the pit, so it was overcrowded to start with. Then, you had assholes pushing and shoving and fighting like they were in a death metal pit, not a Green Day pit. It was so packed that I couldn't even put my hands up and people were being so rude. One girl lost her glasses and no one would help her, they just trampled on them. The stupid thing was, even people in the back were way closer to Green Day than they would have been if they were seeing Green Day at a normal stadium, but they had to go pushing and shoving like assholes just to get a couple of inches closer. It was vile. I had a 300 pound, 6 foot plus man grinding his elbow into my shoulder trying to peel me out of second row during the entire Sweet Children set, it was horrible. No etiquette whatsoever.

A 50-year-old lady elbowed me in the merch line and I honestly considered slapping her and telling her to reevaluate her life decisions.

I looked over at one point and Ceadagh was jamming hardcore to whatever it was they were playing and all I remember feeling was shock and complete satisfaction that Kman's also just a giant nerd. :P

edit: my post makes it sound like I had a horrible time with multiple near-death experiences and while it's true I did almost die probably at least five times, it was a good night and I had a great time and it was cool to meet some GDCers. :D

That's how I felt but I ended up giving in, haha. I left the pit right when they started "Waiting" because I felt like I was going to pass out. I kept trying to make way up towards you guys or towards the edge of the crowd or even towards any shorter people I could find but somehow I always ended up in the middle of a bunch of 6 feet tall boys. I couldn't breathe for half the show, I swear. I'd be pushed forward and my throat would be shoved up against some guy's back and my head would be at a weird angle and I couldn't move my arms. And the guy that started the fight and almost broke Hannah's neck almost broke my nose too because he has a lousy aim, tbh. And I got elbowed in the head so many times, Jesus. I'm surprised I don't have a concussion.

After "Waiting" I just decided that I needed to get out of there or I would pass out or throw up and I was so far away from home that I didn't want to risk fucking myself up because God knows I wouldn't know what to do if I ended up in a hospital in Cleveland after being trampled by 700 insane Green Day fans. :lol:

Shout out to Brandon though because he's literally the only reason I made it through most of the show. I saw an opening and managed to get behind him 'cause I figured "he's such a big guy that if I'm behind him, I won't be brutally murdered." Lasted behind him for a majority of the gig, until some girl literally elbowed me, hit me on the side of the head, and took my spot so she could get a picture of Mike Dirnt. :dry:

A 50-year-old lady elbowed me in the merch line and I honestly considered slapping her and telling her to reevaluate her life decisions.

I looked over at one point and Ceadagh was jamming hardcore to whatever it was they were playing and all I remember feeling was shock and complete satisfaction that Kman's also just a giant nerd. :P

edit: my post makes it sound like I had a horrible time with multiple near-death experiences and while it's true I did almost die probably at least five times, it was a good night and I had a great time and it was cool to meet some GDCers. :D

Aww, Eva, if I would've known you were behind Brandon I would've told him to let you in front of him and next to me... we could've squeezed you in, and then you could've seen better and we could've looked out for you! I had no idea at all that you were back there! :(

I'm pretty sure I got elbowed by the same lady in the merch line, tbh. The guy selling the stuff and I were talking about how ridiculous it was and I apologized to him on behalf of the fandom, and told him not everyone is an absolute cunt. I think he appreciated it.

Aww, Eva, if I would've known you were behind Brandon I would've told him to let you in front of him and next to me... we could've squeezed you in, and then you could've seen better and we could've looked out for you! I had no idea at all that you were back there! :(

I'm pretty sure I got elbowed by the same lady in the merch line, tbh. The guy selling the stuff and I were talking about how ridiculous it was and I apologized to him on behalf of the fandom, and told him not everyone is an absolute cunt. I think he appreciated it.

Like you would have been able to hear me over all the music and people screaming in pain. :P

I felt like apologizing to the merch guy and anyone else I saw who worked at the venue but I also wanted to get the hell out of the crowd and find somewhere where I could breathe, haha. I'm glad you spoke to him though. The merch people looked so stressed out and scared, honestly.

So much violence :mellow:

People were spanking their children all over the place

Archived