Trilogy Genre

CreatureQuake

What genre could the Trilogy be considered? Not the melodic-punk style of pre-Dookie. Not the pop-punk style of Dookie - Nimrod. Not the alternative style of American Idiot - 21st Century Breakdown. But more Warning-ish in my opinion. It could be considered power-pop, but that's more of a jangly feel etc.

What are your thoughts?

Green Day hybrid? It stuck me mostly as pop-rock :lol: and at moments, alternative.

It was meant to be power pop or Dookie-style pop punk.

Only Uno. And that description was mostly to distinguish it from Dos (which they described as having a garage/Foxboro style) and Tre (which they described as having a more epic style).

I think those descriptions from the band were fairly accurate. With the trilogy as a whole having Green Day's signature pop punk/rock sound with a bit of a retro/rock and roll flavour to it that made it different to their previous work.

Uno is pop-punk (although I'd argue it's more like bubblegum given the production), Dos is garage and Tre is some kind of watered down stadium punk.

Why does it have to be labeled as anything? Labels are given by record companies. Fuck genres just listen to the music, or don't.

Archived