Sweet Children reunited and opened for Green Day last night!

Hermione

This is really awesome, but I watched some videos and it does annoy me slightly that they played the songs half-step down, for most of the songs they played that's too low and it's too high for "Paper Lanterns"! I know they've been doing that kinda thing forever, but still. :P lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any good pictures of BLUE???? I heard there are some NEW STICKERS that I can create the House of BLUES version!!!!

I'm so upset I missed this :/ I've been watching YouTube videos all morning.

I love how much detail they put into the Sweet Children set. Bille wore his Rod's Hickory Pit shirt, had their guitars hooked to the amps with cables instead of wirelessly, John was back, they played strictly 1309 and there are so many other little details they threw in there that even just looking at the pictures between the SC show and the GD show, you know they had to have been planning it a while.

I woke up in a terrible mood. Still so sad that I missed Sweet Chiildren. :cry:

I see THREE new stickers. The two that I don't quite get are one that has a neon green skull and crossbones....is there a band name on it?

And the other I swear looks like a pizza. Any idea?

Anyone...?

No live debuts (except maybe the Rancid cover, radio?), but we did get the next best thing, in songs they haven't played live in 20+ years! Some of the least played tracks showcased were:

1. One for the razorbacks
  2. I was there
  3. Dry Ice
  4. Sweet Children
  5. Green Day
  6. Private Ale
  7. Stuart and the Ave.

Everyone in the line had an idea Sweet Children would perform first because of the times people were set to go on. Plus Billie posted something on Instagram a few weeks ago and Mike did yesterday. Nobody was surprised but God damn they played so tight and we got a long set that didn't take anything away from the main act. Absolutely unforgettable

I see THREE new stickers. The two that I don't quite get are one that has a neon green skull and crossbones....is there a band name on it?

Anyone...?

this is probably the best picture i've found on the thread

11142985_1382493078744780_2117242584_n.j

this is probably the best picture i've found on the thread

11142985_1382493078744780_2117242584_n.j

Thanks! Can you tell if there's a band name above that skull? And what the hell that Pizza sticker is??/

Any good pictures of BLUE???? I heard there are some NEW STICKERS that I can create the House of BLUES version!!!!

7b827b6fe32b6a21.jpg

8826d200f1d1348d.jpg

cf81118af63b8de5.jpg

Thanks! Can you tell if there's a band name above that skull? And what the hell that Pizza sticker is??/

there's something written, like a 3-4 letters word on the skull one.

idk but the pizza looks like there's an arrow coming thought it?

Anyone...?

TKtNPb3.jpg

Just saw a really good on the other thread about last night. Page 158 or higher. Thought of you when I saw it.

Never mind. :lol:

Love the new stickers on Blue! :woot: Pizza's what it was missing over the years :lol:

And the old Sweet Children reunited, omg! :o Totally unexpected, I guess it's all good between them :happy:

tumblr_mvrvpmQ0ov1qcr6iqo1_500.jpg

I was just thinking it must've been funny for Tre to watch "Green Day" play :lol:. I'm sure he'll get asked about it whenever they next get interviewed, be interesting to hear his reaction.

"They were terrible!"

TKtNPb3.jpg

I wanna know how long they'd been rehearsing, and if John was at the afterparty. And if he traveled with the guys, or came on his own

Edit: Nvm, desertrose already posted it :P

11098327_437431096423645_432110455_n.jpg

Got the stickers, made the latest version. It's up on BJGuitars.com now.

My attempt at putting a cool filter on it makes the stickers (especially the new skull sticker) look a little darker but it is a bright yellow.

And like I've said before, my Nana always said if you don't have anything nice to say about something, don't say anything at all. We're all friends here so I don't need people nit picking. I just enjoy the challenge of acquiring new stickers and making BJ Guitars :)

Sweet Children was amazing, better than Green Day and I'm not fucking about when I say that. John did AMAZING and he was so funny. They all seemed so happy to be playing together and it was just a truly awesome experience. I feel so lucky to have been there. A once in a lifetime show that was completely worth all the shit I went through to see it.

Haha, I went thru a lot of shit too.... the parking deck that I parked my car in closed at 12 and I got locked out of it with a dead cell phone.... I wandered around aimlessly until I finally stumbled upon a Wyndham Hotel where I loitered until 4am at which some lady let me back into the parking garage to get my car....... fuck, but it was all worth it......

11098327_437431096423645_432110455_n.jpg

Got the stickers, made the latest version. It's up on BJGuitars.com now.

My attempt at putting a cool filter on it makes the stickers (especially the new skull sticker) look a little darker but it is a bright yellow.

And like I've said before, my Nana always said if you don't have anything nice to say about something, don't say anything at all. We're all friends here so I don't need people nit picking. I just enjoy the challenge of acquiring new stickers and making BJ Guitars :)

THE SHADE OF BLUE IS SLIGHTLY OFF, THIS IS SHIT :mad:

Honestly though, I love all your work and this one might be my favourite so far!

Archived