Sweet Children reunited and opened for Green Day last night!

Hermione

Billie, Mike and John got back together and played a set of old songs before Green Day's show at the House of Blues in Cleveland. This is pure amazingness. Discuss/post videos etc here.

Setlist:

1. Don't Leave Me
2. Only of You
3. Sweet Children
4. 409 In Your Coffeemaker
5. At the Library
6. I Was There
7. Disappearing Boy
8. Paper Lanterns
9. Road to Acceptance
10. Green Day
11. Dry Ice

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just mind blowing, still can't believe that this actually happened!

And I'm a little bit sad, cause see them live is my biggest dream... And it'll never happen.

WOW !!!!!!!

Never expected John to play !!!!!

I never expected to see him again tbh. this came out of nowhere. I still haven't watched any videos though.

seeing them playing live in this constellation again would feel like being back in the 80/90s :cool:

If good quality audio recordings come out from this AMAZING gig, should I make a bootleg artwork?
leave some good pictures from the show so i can have some options to work with

It's just mind blowing, still can't believe that this actually happened!

And I'm a little bit sad, cause see them live is my biggest dream... And it'll never happen.

why would it never happen? They'll tour again.. (they'd better should)

why would it never happen? They'll tour again.. (they'd better should)

As a Sweet Children? I doubt it :) And for sure they won't come to Europe, it's just impossible...

Anyway, so we can expect that John will play with the band at Hall Of Fame ceremony, right?

As a Sweet Children? I doubt it :) And for sure they won't come to Europe, it's just impossible...

Anyway, so we can expect that John will play with the band at Hall Of Fame ceremony, right?

Sorry, I thought you meant Green Day. I think it's likely he'll join in for a song.

They might try to get him to but he'll probably just do the speech.

This is probably the weirdest fucking thing to happen with GD in my opinion. Was this even remotely hinted about? Does this mean John might play with them again? Did they end more amicably than we've been lead to believe? Have they been talking all this time, or was this a surprise thing? I just... don't know. This is so weird, but awesome. Insanely jealous of everybody who got to witness this magnificent event.

They might try to get him to but he'll probably just do the speech.

BJ hinted they'll play an old song so maybe John will play it and then Tre takes over.

This is probably the weirdest fucking thing to happen with GD in my opinion. Was this even remotely hinted about? Does this mean John might play with them again? Did they end more amicably than we've been lead to believe? Have they been talking all this time, or was this a surprise thing? I just... don't know. This is so weird, but awesome. Insanely jealous of everybody who got to witness this magnificent event.

I think they started talking again when Billie ran into John in 2013 in San Francisco

Larry posted a good pic of John! https://instagram.com/p/1kYowIuMYj/?taken-by=larrylivermore

I was just thinking it must've been funny for Tre to watch "Green Day" play :lol:. I'm sure he'll get asked about it whenever they next get interviewed, be interesting to hear his reaction.

I got to see several songs from Sweet Children through a live stream. I feel lucky and blessed. It was amazing!

Sweet Children was amazing, better than Green Day and I'm not fucking about when I say that. John did AMAZING and he was so funny. They all seemed so happy to be playing together and it was just a truly awesome experience. I feel so lucky to have been there. A once in a lifetime show that was completely worth all the shit I went through to see it.

Is there a proper video of Dry Ice? Did Billie play the solo well?

Archived