Matt.

2015/04/16 - House of Blues, Cleveland, Ohio, USA

Riotgrrl_GD

Travel plans, they are a-changin!

• Like 3

Matt.

Jack and I are currently discussing our travel plans. Getting tickets to show tomorrow morning and then will probably do viewing party for ceremony.

• Like 2

Lindsay

Still pissed this is happening the day before I come to Cleveland but I hope everyone who is able to go gets tickets!! :)

• Like 1

Eva

Make up a fake permission slip and say it's for a school trip

We literally never go on school trips. Their family would know it's bullshit, unfortunately. :( Plus, the whole problem is that I don't have a way to get there right now. I can buy tickets no problem but I need to get to Cleveland and when I asked my mom if she could get off work and drive me, she got really pissed and was like, "I'm so stressed, I can't even think about this shit right now." But like, tickets for normal Green Day nerds who aren't a part of IN go on sale Friday so...I'd like to buy my tickets as soon as possible to make sure I get some. Parents. :dry:

solongfromthestars

Ahh I don't know whether to try for tickets or not! I found an amazing flight and hotel deal but I probably can't save up in time. I don't want to end up with unused tickets that someone else could have but I don't want to end up paying more later if I can somehow go. Decisions.

Good luck to everyone trying either way, hope you all manage to get some!

Todd

I will try to get tickets tomorrow :D If anyone's gonna try to get extra tickets, hit me up in case I'm not able to grab them tomorrow! :D

WhiteTim

We literally never go on school trips. Their family would know it's bullshit, unfortunately. :( Plus, the whole problem is that I don't have a way to get there right now. I can buy tickets no problem but I need to get to Cleveland and when I asked my mom if she could get off work and drive me, she got really pissed and was like, "I'm so stressed, I can't even think about this shit right now." But like, tickets for normal Green Day nerds who aren't a part of IN go on sale Friday so...I'd like to buy my tickets as soon as possible to make sure I get some. Parents. :dry:

That sucks hope it works out for you

Eva

I will try to get tickets tomorrow :D If anyone's gonna try to get extra tickets, hit me up in case I'm not able to grab them tomorrow! :D

Do they go on sale tomorrow? I thought it was April 3rd?

BeachBum

If I get tickets I am going.

• Like 4

BeachBum

well you sort of have to, the tickets are non-transferable???

I have to get tickets first :P

I am not going if I don't manage to get ticket, it's a heck of a drive across the border.

Sarahnade

Trying to figure out travel plans for this is a nightmare. I'm going to try to get a ticket tomorrow and see if I can figure it out. I was going to be there for the ceremony as is, but I was going with someone. Now I'm trying to find a hotel that will let me check in when I'm under 21 (gotta love being 20) and I'm genuinely considering taking a Greyhound bus that somehow takes 7 hours to get to Cleveland just so I can be there a day earlier for this show.

WhiteTim

Trying to figure out travel plans for this is a nightmare. I'm going to try to get a ticket tomorrow and see if I can figure it out. I was going to be there for the ceremony as is, but I was going with someone. Now I'm trying to find a hotel that will let me check in when I'm under 21 (gotta love being 20) and I'm genuinely considering taking a Greyhound bus that somehow takes 7 hours to get to Cleveland just so I can be there a day earlier for this show.

Try to find a GDC whose has a hotel and see if you can crash with them

Other wise shady hotels/motels will rent to anyone that has cash

BeachBum

I love the fact that I only have to drive there and there's a floor to crash on.

If I even get tickets ofc :P at least travel isn't a pain in my ass for this.

it's a 4.5 hour drive or a 8 hour bus ride for me.

• Like 1

Todd

Dammit I was just in Cleveland this morning XD

lizziebix

Did you look into a hostel? They'll rent to you at your age.

BeachBum

It's a 5 hour drive for me and I'm in the States :P

That doesn't include waiting at the boarder... You guys have some super strict boarder security yo.

yeah it's almost an eight hour drive for us. worth it :P

Totally worth it. I was helping someone else figure out travel.

18 hour bus ride.

Sarahnade

Did you look into a hostel? They'll rent to you at your age.

I did find one! I guess the only question then is what the transportation situation is like in Cleveland so I can get to and from the venue. Anyone from around there happen to have any tips? Cabs, Uber, Lyft, public transit?

21guns&novacaine

This is awesome :D But I really don't think they'd take 5.34$, a piece of string and a paper clip as a trade for Green Day tickets XD

• Like 1

WhiteTim

I did find one! I guess the only question then is what the transportation situation is like in Cleveland so I can get to and from the venue. Anyone from around there happen to have any tips? Cabs, Uber, Lyft, public transit?

Uber/lyft is always preferred if in a different city you're unaware of

Eva

yeah it's almost an eight hour drive for us. worth it :P

It's a 5 hour drive for me and I'm in the States :P

hypothetical but very important question: if I were to take a Megabus to Cleveland, would one of you be a pal and pick me up from the bus station? I'm trying to find a way to do this that won't completely terrify my mom so she'll say yes to me going 11 hours from home by myself to see a dumb emo band. :rolleyes:

(this question is also applicable to anyone else who's kind of pals with me. i am so desperate.)