Short clip of Billie Joe talking outside of Swimmers Show in SF

desertrose

Just saw this on you tube today. jumpsalty posted this in Random news too.

He talks at 5:15 for a few seconds about Russia and a new album.

1941171_1594326140814302_175402253_n.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I don't want to rush it." Good Billie. You learned.

What? When have they ever rushed? Don't say "Trilogy" because that certainly wasn't "rushed" - it was just "let's release everything"

What? When have they ever rushed? Don't say "Trilogy" because that certainly wasn't "rushed" - it was just "let's release everything"

It was rushed. Most of the songs weren't fully developed of thought through. They lacked time and effort.

What a lucky young man :lol:

I'm just really glad he's doing okay (apparently) and I really DO hope he doesn't rush it or overworks himself to the point where he starts drinking and that "substance abuse" shit again.

He had me so worried in 2012 (Jesus, that was already three years ago...)

Rome wasn't built in a day, and I'd rather wait another one or two years for a new album than to listen to something half-assed :)

Don't get me wrong, I think that there are some really great songs in the trilogy, but the albums are just not the Green Day standard that we're used to, or am I wrong?

I'm so looking forward to hearing more new music and locking myself in my room with the booklet in my hand and falling in love with them all over again.

And especially for a new tour :wub:

Gotta love this man.

On another note: Can someone tell me what version of Letterbomb is playing in the background and where I can get it? I fell in love with it after the first second.

Thanks!

He says "I have a few songs but I don't want to rush it... I don't want to RUSSIAN"

I meant the last few words. The ones that sound something like "oh bad no" :P

I think he says "on that note" :)

It was rushed. Most of the songs weren't fully developed of thought through. They lacked time and effort.

I want you to pick out a typical album's worth of songs (10-16 songs) from the whole lot (37 songs) and let me know if you feel the same way.

Hopefully "i don't want to rusu it" doesn't mean another AI - 21CB gap, i doubt it though :) Dayum I wish I was around in the early 90s when there was an album like every two years!

Anyway it's great to see/hear from Billie:) Maybe Swimmers will join Green Day on tour as support whenever they return, I saw them supporting for Rise Against last year and i reckon that did them the world of good! Surely at some point in the future they'll join Green Day on the road, we'll see

"On that note"

Gotta love this man.

On another note: Can someone tell me what version of Letterbomb is playing in the background and where I can get it? I fell in love with it after the first second.

Thanks!

Sounds like someone took the isolated vocal track from Rockband and added in to their own guitar. So it's not a genuine Green Day version :D

After all these years, even AI/21STCBD ripoff sounds better than the last heard trilogy

I think that makes this the first video interview Billie has done since iHeartRadio (not including Jeff Matika show)

EDIT: I forgot about the interview he did for Foreverly, I don't think he's done any outside of that though

Gotta love this man.

Thanks!

Great :lol:. I think the "Russian" pun only works if you're saying "rushing" though, not "rush it" :P

Archived