How Can Green Day Revamp Their Stage Show?

LostHighway

I knew someone who legitimately sold her ticket when Billie went blond for the first UK leg of the 21CB tour. Blasphemy.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was you I would stop before embarrassing myself further with more naive and hilarious raging. Also, there's no such thing as an asexual human. It's never been proven. It's simply an excuse for not being skilled in picking up partners of either sex, so you label yourself asexual to deflect any justified ridicule and criticism.

Wow. Just wow. Talk about "embarrasing yourself with naive and hilarious raging"?! I'm in a loving committed relationship with my boyfriend for four years now. We are talking marriage. A lot of asexuals are in relationships. Some are married. Some have kids. You have literally NO idea what you are talking about and your blatent attack on my sexuality is pretty gross. It's 2015. Educate yourself. Also this is a site run by a gay person and the lead singer of the band we are discussing is bisexual. Not too long ago society was telling gays and bisexuals they were abominations and imprisoning them. Hire a brain.

Wow. Just wow. Talk about "embarrasing yourself with naive and hilarious raging"?! I'm in a loving committed relationship with my boyfriend for four years now. We are talking marriage. A lot of asexuals are in relationships. Some are married. Some have kids. You have literally NO idea what you are talking about and your blatent attack on my sexuality is pretty gross. It's 2015. Educate yourself. Also this is a site run by a gay person and the lead singer of the band we are discussing is bisexual. Not too long ago society was telling gays and bisexuals they were abominations and imprisoning them. Hire a brain.

Don't you have better things to do than get massively asshurt about Green Day and then yell at people who might not be as educated/aware about LGBTQ topics as the rest of the forum? :lol:

Don't you have better things to do than get massively asshurt about Green Day and then yell at people who might not be as educated/aware about LGBTQ topics as the rest of the forum? :lol:

Right...and homophobes aren't as educated about LGBTQ issues as others so if they called Billie or Andres a "faggot" and they informed them they should try educating themselves a little that would amount to "yelling" by your standards. Grow up.

If I was you I would stop before embarrassing myself further with more naive and hilarious raging. Also, there's no such thing as an asexual human. It's never been proven. It's simply an excuse for not being skilled in picking up partners of either sex, so you label yourself asexual to deflect any justified ridicule and criticism.

Alright I think the both of you need to chill the fuck out and take a step back. I understand you may both have differing opinions on certain topics but there is no need to go blatantly insulting someone and telling them what they/aren't are.

Consider this your first and final warning, either of you (or anyone else for that matter) keep up this useless argument and/or personal insults, you'll see yourself with a suspension.

I think we both know the answer to that Malcolm.

Alright I think the both of you need to chill the fuck out and take a step back. I understand you may both have differing opinions on certain topics but there is no need to go blatantly insulting someone and telling them what they/aren't are.

Consider this your first and final warning, either of you (or anyone else for that matter) keep up this useless argument and/or personal insults, you'll see yourself with a suspension.

Yes sir, very sorry sir.

Everytime I read the comments I only see offensive comments and bullshit about how nice it would be if Billie start drinking again and played some "great" shows before he died.

It's not a dig in the slightest, I was just saying. They happen to be my favourite band.

You have good taste in music.

Everytime I read the comments I only see offensive comments and bullshit about how nice it would be if Billie start drinking again and played some "great" shows before he died.

Does your selective reading disorder bother you much? Have you thought about getting treatment for it? Hope you recover soon, friend :)

Does your selective reading disorder bother you much? Have you thought about getting treatment for it? Hope you recover soon, friend :)

Ok is a mod going to do something about this personal attack?!

Did you literally only read 3 posts in the 5 pages of this thread? :P

Just expressing my concern for a fellow forum member! :happy:

Thank you, friend. :)

Did you literally only read 3 posts in the 5 pages of this thread? :P

I just pointed out that in the last pages Ι see people having fun with leaving insulting comments on a person.

I think this thread called "How Can Green Day Revamp Their Career?"

Probably Green Day can revamp their career with Billie start drinking again and with offensive comments to other people.

I just pointed out that in the last pages Ι see people having fun with leaving insulting comments on a person.

I think this thread called "How Can Green Day Revamp Their Career?"

Probably Green Day can revamp their career with Billie start drinking again and with offensive comments to other people.

No, what you saw was multiple people getting really mad about one post that was a very obvious troll.

Also, Billie Joe WAS a much better frontman when he was pissed drunk. I'm not even sure how anyone could argue othewise. I'm not saying he should go back drinking again, but people shouldn't be surprised if there's a drop off in quality while he works out how to be not shit live again. He'll probably chug a load of coffee or something.

Great Lyrics, Catchy tunes, some great basslines, two or 3 great guitar solos, One Acoustic song, DREAMCATCHER, and they're back in business :):lol:

Also, Billie Joe WAS a much better frontman when he was pissed drunk.

I only remember IHeart when he was "pissed drunk", and to me it was a terribly bad performance. Out of tune, out of mind, out of control, out of fun. And who really can tell whether he was drunk or not in any other concert? Did anyone of us offer him alcohol or drugs backstage and can tell?

I only remember IHeart when he was "pissed drunk", and to me it was a terribly bad performance. Out of tune, out of mind, out of control, out of fun. And who really can tell whether he was drunk or not in any other concert? Did anyone of us offer him alcohol or drugs backstage and can tell?

He has actually said that he didn't know what to do on stage at first. Then he started drinking before shows and lost his inhibitions. So, the chances are good he was piss drunk most of the time.

Hence the JOKE about boybands.

But aren't jokes supposed to be funny? :ermm:

You can't seriously tell me that you think people like Taylor Swift sound like strangled cats and like their songs are recycled shit :lol:

Yes.

:lol:

But aren't jokes supposed to be funny? :ermm:

Yes.

:lol:

It's called SARCASM...it's a foreign concept on here seemingly.

It's called SARCASM...it's a foreign concept on here seemingly.

You're doing it wrong. If you want your post to be sarcastic, add this: :)

He has actually said that he didn't know what to do on stage at first. Then he started drinking before shows and lost his inhibitions. So, the chances are good he was piss drunk most of the time.

There's still a difference between having one or two drinks before a show and being "piss drunk". Most of the time, he was probably the former rather than the latter. Billie also said in the interview in the link below, if I remember correctly, that he took a time off from drinking while being in Europe for the 21st Century Breakdown tour. So the 99 Revolutions tour probably wasn't the first time he performed sober.

http://ondemandpopout.musicradio.com/station/59/audio/205313

I think that they need to improve how they do the shows. I don't mind clothes, piro or flashy lights, but setlist are pretty boring and much the same the last tour.

If they randomize songs, shows would become a lot more interesting. No fixed sections. But seems that they don't know how to do that :c

So can you stop trying to get at each other now please?

And lol does anyone really think he was "piss drunk" during say, Bullet In A Bible and the majority of their other most well known performances? We've seen him piss drunk (eg rolling around, snogging people and singing out of tune at Foxboro shows) and he's hardly the same as that at most of their regular shows. From what Billie himself has indicated in interviews over the years there's been shows where he was drunk (eg a lot of Nimrod shows), shows where he was sober and shows where he'd had a couple of drinks, the latter being the most common. Quite ridiculous to suggest he was off his face drunk at every show pre-rehab or that drinking was the reason for him being a good frontman. He's known for his energetic performances and command of the crowd, not for falling around drunk.

Archived