Green Day's Albums worst to first article

unextraordinarygirl

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's a bad List. I would change some things around. I would switch dos and tre. I would probably move uno above 39 Smooth. I would switch ai and Dookie and put 21sb 3rd. I thought the writeups were decent. And that is one fine picture of billie

I'm suprised 39 Smooth was so low. Personally I love that album, but that's just me. I would rank 21CB lower. I would also switch AI and Dookie. As much as I like Dookie, I think AI was their true masterpiece. I also like Warning more than Nimrod. My bottom 3 would be Tre, Uno and Dos. Tre would be the bottom.

I'd pretty much agree. I'd put Dos as the worst, with Warning and Insomniac a bit lower (just above the Trilogy) and 1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours a tad higher.

Can we not mention the number between Uno and Tre? I think that traumatized a lot of people who'd very much prefer to forget...

Insomniac is the dogs bollocks, why's it lower than the Trilogy?

It's not, it was 5. The trilogy was 8, 10 and 11

Hey guys, I hate DOS. Can I be cool now, too?

No

I'll bite and do my order:

1. AI

2. Dookie

3. 21 CB

4. Warning

5. Nimrod

6. Insomniac

7. Kerplunk

8. Tre

9. Uno

10. Dos

11. 39/Smooth

It's not, it was 5. The trilogy was 8, 10 and 11

Oh gooooood, I thought I'd pooed a little.

Hey guys, I hate DOS. Can I be cool now, too?

*Psssssst* I like Dos - don't tell the others.... I love Nightlife too, and Kill The DJ. But Shhhhh

*Psssssst* I like Dos - don't tell the others.... I love Nightlife too, and Kill The DJ. But Shhhhh

Shhh, I love Nightlife and I like Kill the DJ

'Twas about time for another one of these.

1. Nimrod.

2. American Idiot

3. Warning

4. Dookie

5. 21st Century Breakdown

6. Insomniac

7. Kerplunk

8. Tre

9. 39/Smooth

10. Dos

11. Uno

Nimrod. is objectively worse than AI, but it's just so fucking fun to listen to. Plus the Florence Welch covers of its songs are something spectacular all their own. In the last few months Dookie has risen in my estimation considerably—I've come to realize its importance more and more, and while some tracks let it down most are just insanely good. Dos's lyrics are more cringeworthy than Uno's, but Uno is so bland and same-sounding that, while I haven't listened to either of them in months, I'm far more inclined to revisit Dos than I ever am to revisit Uno.

Nimrod being the best Green Day album is laughable. It has some good songs, but as an album it's a mess.

Nimrod being the best Green Day album is laughable. It has some good songs, but as an album it's a mess.

Nimrod. is objectively worse than AI

Personally I think Warning is far more of a clusterfuck in terms of unity than Nimrod though.

Yet you still rated it as your favorite OVER American Idiot. I weep for anyone you introduce Green Day to, because they will certainly be turned off after you feed them Nimrod.

Yet you still rated it as your favorite OVER American Idiot. I weep for anyone you introduce Green Day to, because they will certainly be turned off after you feed them Nimrod.

Yeah, I draw a distinction between saying something is my favorite and ranking it as the best. Raiders of the Lost Ark is the best Indiana Jones film, Last Crusade is my favorite.

Who said I'd use Nimrod to introduce someone to them? I'd use a mix of songs from various albums, or, if they wanted a single album, either AI or Dookie as they're the most representative of their respective eras.

Yeah, I draw a distinction between saying something is my favorite and ranking it as the best. Raiders of the Lost Ark is the best Indiana Jones film, Last Crusade is my favorite.

Who said I'd use Nimrod to introduce someone to them? I'd use a mix of songs from various albums, or, if they wanted a single album, either AI or Dookie as they're the most representative of their respective eras.

I don't know how a logical person can regard something as better, yet choose something over it as their favorite.

It's like saying that Guinness Draught is the best beer in the world, but your favorite beer is Miller Lite. It makes no sense.

Personally I think Warning is far more of a clusterfuck in terms of unity than Nimrod though.

Yeah, Warning is complete crap.

I don't know how a logical person can regard something as better, yet choose something over it as their favorite.

Simple. I can recognize that AI as a whole has greater unity, cohesiveness, etc. than Nimrod. does, and that it's more likely to stand the test of time as a great piece of art, but still prefer the listening experience of Nimrod. itself on a subjective personal level. Logic is what I use when it comes to determining the best, but favorite is all about my own personal response to it.

Yeah, Warning is complete crap.

Not complete crap at all IMO, but far more of a stylistic blender than Nimrod.

Simple. I can recognize that AI as a whole has greater unity, cohesiveness, etc. than Nimrod. does, and that it's more likely to stand the test of time as a great piece of art, but still prefer the listening experience of Nimrod. itself on a subjective personal level. Logic is what I use when it comes to determining the best, but favorite is all about my own personal response to it.

Eh I'm not a big fan of choosing emotion over logic. Choosing something worse instead of something that you recognize is better is just an act of pure ignorance and stupidity. Like, say I have two girls to choose from. One is extremely smart, talented, kind, and attractive. One is ugly, gross, and mean. If I recognize the first is better and still choose the second, that's a stupid decision and, quite frankly, a sign of emotional stability.

Eh I'm not a big fan of choosing emotion over logic. Choosing something worse instead of something that you recognize is better is just an act of pure ignorance and stupidity. Like, say I have two girls to choose from. One is extremely smart, talented, kind, and attractive. One is ugly, gross, and mean. If I recognize the first is better and still choose the second, that's a stupid decision and, quite frankly, a sign of emotional stability.

To apply the same metric to music that you apply to choosing your future partner is a bit much, really. Not to mention I'd hope that love is involved in that decision as well as logic. But anyway, as that's rather a tangent...

I don't enjoy the idea of limiting myself, at the end of the day. I love AI to death and recognize it's their best, but I enjoy listening to Nimrod. more. I can't force my preferences to perfectly correspond to objective decisions, nor would I want to. If I had to, for some reason, choose one to be preserved and one to be wiped out, I would keep AI as it's of a greater benefit to the world at large, probably. But as such a choice isn't going to come up and my preference of an album affects only me, there's nothing wrong with my recognizing AI is superior while still preferring Nimrod.

I actually agree with a decent amount of opinions about the albums on this list. As much as I love Dookie, I would have to put AI as the number one spot. I also think that Uno is the finest piece of work out of the trilogy, but I believe the trilogy should be at the very bottom of the list.

Just for fun here's my list:

1. American Idiot

2. Dookie

3. Nimrod

4. 21stCB

5. Insomniac

6. Warning

7. Kerplunk

8. 1039 SOSH

9. Uno

10.Dos

11. Tre

To apply the same metric to music that you apply to choosing your future partner is a bit much, really. Not to mention I'd hope that love is involved in that decision as well as logic. But anyway, as that's rather a tangent...

I don't enjoy the idea of limiting myself, at the end of the day. I love AI to death and recognize it's their best, but I enjoy listening to Nimrod. more. I can't force my preferences to perfectly correspond to objective decisions, nor would I want to. If I had to, for some reason, choose one to be preserved and one to be wiped out, I would keep AI as it's of a greater benefit to the world at large, probably. But as such a choice isn't going to come up and my preference of an album affects only me, there's nothing wrong with my recognizing AI is superior while still preferring Nimrod.

Love is merely the combination of objective factors. The decision to love someone happens subliminally, and the effect of said decisions is what our brain tells us is "love." Think of the emotion of love as some sort of compiled score, like on the SATs. Our brains take into account all these different factors, and if they are pleasing then it outputs "love."

That being said, why one earth would you choose to destroy your favorite album "for the good of the world." This is music. Holy shit.

Archived