Khris

Daredevil

Maddy.

Yeah I'm so tempted to watch it all again to see what I missed. Episode 7 and 8 are so good.

BadgerLALA

Everything is so good but the last part of the last episode is soooooooo awesome/brilliant!!!

• Like 1

Khris

Everything is so good but the last part of the last episode is soooooooo awesome/brilliant!!!

The entire speech that Kingpin does in the van has got to be the best superhero villain speech ever.

• Like 1

BadgerLALA

The entire speech that Kingpin does in the van has got to be the best superhero villain speech ever.

Yes! And later then Matt kicks his ass. :lol:

Khris

Yes! And later then Matt kicks his ass. :lol:

"Take your shot."

Ugh that was such a great callback.

• Like 1

Libertine Angel

Khris

Yeah I saw the casting when it was announced and meant to post it here but got busy. XD

Shane as the freaking Frank Castle? I can see it and I'm sure he'll do a good job. I wonder if he's gonna be a baddie though. I feel like it might be a similar story to Batman and Red Hood where Daredevil takes the role of Batman in the sense that he's trying to stop a vigilante who kills people ala Jason Todd. Conflicting ideologies and what not. I'm sure we'll see them shuffle.

• Like 1

Finally finished this today. Obviously it was great, but one thing that irritated me all the way through was the Kingpin/Vanessa romance. I get that it was hugely important for humanizing Fisk but at no point was the relationship believable. As a result I felt their scenes really dragged and took me out of the show. Wouldn't have minded if the plot to get rid of her had succeeded, or if they'd just killed Kingpin off.

Khris

Forgot to post about this here but hell fucking yes that we're getting Elektra in season 2 as well as the Punisher! Now all we need is Bullseye...

11702831_1645783758991194_38895378627118

• Like 1

Khris

Netflix officially released the poster for the 2nd season! Ugh I so cannot wait to see Elektra and Frank in action. 

Edited by Khris

Khris

Just finished this the other day. It's been awhile since I've found a show that I've actually wanted to binge watch, but I watched the last half of it in a day. Soooooo good.

Hehe, isn't it? I think it's the best thing that Marvel Studios has put out, hands down and so can't wait to see all the Netflix heroes pop up in movies eventually. I so can't wait for Jessica Jones! Also, hi Kay! :3 

Eva

I started watching about a week ago, maybe, and I'm interested in it because I like superheroes and my girlfriend's been begging me to watch it but to completely honest, some of the action scenes and blood are a little too much for me. :( Like, the one part where it was a flashback to Vladimir and Atanoly when they were in prison and Vladimir ripped that guy's bone right out of his body and shit like that....idk. The story's also a little confusing to me too but I'm only on episode five so maybe I'll figure it out...

I really like the characters, though. And I was super excited when I saw Rosario Dawson was in it. :lol: 

Khris
10 hours ago, Eva said:

I started watching about a week ago, maybe, and I'm interested in it because I like superheroes and my girlfriend's been begging me to watch it but to completely honest, some of the action scenes and blood are a little too much for me. :( Like, the one part where it was a flashback to Vladimir and Atanoly when they were in prison and Vladimir ripped that guy's bone right out of his body and shit like that....idk. The story's also a little confusing to me too but I'm only on episode five so maybe I'll figure it out...

I really like the characters, though. And I was super excited when I saw Rosario Dawson was in it. :lol: 

Welcome to street level Marvel. They had to put it on Netflix for a reason. XD 

but Rosario Dawson was pretty fantastic in this and she's also set to appear in all the other Netflix shows as well. She was pretty awesome in JJ for what little she had.

Khris

tumblr_o0l7twy4Zy1s5u24po1_1280.jpg

Frank Castle is coming! :D :runaround::dance: And i'm glad the season is coming out earlier than expected! I also really can't wait to see some Matt and Elektra flashbacks in college as well. They teased that in the most perfect way last season. Let's hope that this season is just as good or even exceeds the first! 

BadgerLALA

Love the poster :happy:

YESSSSS this gives me something to do in March :wub:

inthehallwaynow

this new season is fantastic!

• Like 1

Khris
On March 19, 2016 at 9:54 AM, inthehallwaynow said:

this new season is fantastic!

Damn I haven't been on in months. XD but hell yeah this season has been fantastic! Pun intended. Binged the whole thing as soon as it went up and ugh there's so many great things to talk about. The story beats they tackle in the season are just fantastic.

First off, Jon Bernthal IS THE PUNISHER. The best Punisher we've ever had, hands down. When Jon was cast I knew he'd be great but I never expected him to blow my expectations out of the water. I thought we had something special when he kept talking about how much he respected the character and said he was going to make this one of, of not the biggest role of his career and it definitely shows. Frank shows so many levels of emotion and intensity we've never seen in the character before. I've gotta say that the first 4 episodes are probably the greatest Punisher movie ever. XD he's definitely the stand out this season like Wilson was previously. I never ever thought the Punisher could make me tear up. You know which scene I'm talking about.

Charlie Cox is also amazing as well. He's up there among the best comic book character casting with Chris Evans as Steve, JK Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson and a bunch of the MCU. He's fully nailed the Matt/DD role and can't see anyone else in it.

Elodie Yung is also a fan fucking tastic Elektra. My god, I can't say too much about her due to spoilers but she's also done very well.

I actually also really liked how Karen and Foggy have been handled this season and they've had more to do than ever...not to mention all the awesome all the awesome references to the greater MCU that were just awesome to see and hear. 

Street level Marvel has never been better, hell, this is still hands down the best thing Marvel Studios has ever done and and best thing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Thank fuck that Fox gave the rights back to this property. I so cannot wait for Luke Cage's show after this as well as Jess' 2nd season, Iron Fist's show and the Defenders.

All hail street level MCU!

• Like 2

inthehallwaynow
40 minutes ago, Khris said:

First off, Jon Bernthal IS THE PUNISHER.

Elodie Yung is also a fan fucking tastic Elektra. My god, I can't say too much about her due to spoilers but she's also done very well.

I actually also really liked how Karen and Foggy have been handled this season and they've had more to do than ever.

YESSSS to everything you wrote but especially these bits! Elodie was like fucking perfection and I also cant say anything you havent said already (perfectly might I add) I also agree Jon was incredible he is superb! I hope they get a third season I cant see them not getting one its too good not to in my opinion anyway.

• Like 1

Brooklyn Baby

Jon. Is. Amazing. I cannot say enough good things about his acting. He's made the Punisher into such a nuanced character, holy shit. LOVE. 

Khris
20 hours ago, inthehallwaynow said:

YESSSS to everything you wrote but especially these bits! Elodie was like fucking perfection and I also cant say anything you havent said already (perfectly might I add) I also agree Jon was incredible he is superb! I hope they get a third season I cant see them not getting one its too good not to in my opinion anyway.

Elodie was just so fun. I was honestly a tad taken backon how fun she was compared to the no nonsense version of the comics i've always know and read but I actually think it really adds to her character and I think it's okay to say this but by the end of the season to where she ends up, I think this is just the beginning of her development and we'll see her evolve into the version we all know and love from the comics.

And I totally wish I recorded my reaction to the final minute of Episode 8...my god...

16 hours ago, Brooklyn Baby said:

Jon. Is. Amazing. I cannot say enough good things about his acting. He's made the Punisher into such a nuanced character, holy shit. LOVE. 

Ugh, right? I want a Punisher solo show. NOW. Do it, Marvel! If you're planning a Captain Britain show, then you can definitely do a Punisher show!

• Like 1

BadgerLALA

Season 2 was awesome :woot:

• Like 2

WhiteTim

while Punisher was great in here but i hope they don't do a solo show he's not a great character when solo 

BadgerLALA

One thing that got me confused in season 2 was

Spoiler

All that about Stick vs the Hand. Something about a lonely child with a knife fighting against the Hand when his family has been killed. Was that true, was that Stick or just a story he told to Matt.

The Great Saiyaman

I finally finished this show and I'm so pissed it's cancelled.