Khris

Daredevil

Khris

Seeing as this will premiere on Netflix on April 10, thought i'd make a thread for this. I'm pretty damn excited for this series. The first trailer really seems to get the look and atmosphere of Daredevil down to a tee. Plus, it's gonna be very very cool to see the street level side of the MCU. The cast looks great. Charlie Cox looks like he'll play a great Matt. Vincent Dinofrio looks AMAZING as Kingpin and Deborah Ann Woll looks awesome as Karen Page. I also can't wait for the other 3 Netflix series coming out after this in Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist all leading up to a Defenders mini series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC7GPdBV9WQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdNK8L3ZdmE

• Like 2

o_O

I was gonna say something about the 2002 Daredevil x.x

Khris

The

I was gonna say something about the 2002 Daredevil x.x

Haha the directors cut of that film is actually kinda decent. They took out that stupid sex scene and added his huge drug plot line that involves Foggy and they even shortened the damn playground fight. My only real beef with the movie was how they portrayed Bullseye and Elektra.

• Like 1

Khris

I just finished the season a few hours ago. Man that was just too awesome. Ahhhhh it was so good! So fucking good. I'm so psyched for Jessica Jones now! Absolutely psyched. Charlie, Deborah, Eldon, Vincent, and honestly the whole cast was just so perfect. The tone and atmosphere was spot on and this may be my favorite comic book show, hands down, and I also have to mention that I'm absolutely in love with the cinematography. The character is finally getting the long, overdue respect it deserves and I love how serious Marvel is treating the show.

There were definitely had some cool references to the movies as well. I'm not worried about Jessica Jones in November now. There's no way they're gonna hold back on all the dark parts of her story.

Bring on Jess!

• Like 1

BadgerLALA

I will start watching it on Monday. I can't wait :woot:

Watched the first episode yesterday. Was pretty good, surprisingly. It helps that it avoids the cartoonish childishness of Agents Of Shield and other Marvel titles and sticks to the grittier edge.

BadgerLALA

Have now seen the two first episodes. I like it. :happy:

• Like 1

Khris

Watched the first episode yesterday. Was pretty good, surprisingly. It helps that it avoids the cartoonish childishness of Agents Of Shield and other Marvel titles and sticks to the grittier edge.

Haha, that's why these 5 shows are gonna be on Netflix instead of regular cable tv. Though I do have to say that Agents of Shield has gotten quite a bit better since the Winter Soldier tie ins along with Season 2 starting off running. It's still cheesy as hell at times though.

Have now seen the two first episodes. I like it. :happy:

Oh man, isn't it? Just wait till you get to the Kingpin stuff. ;)

BadgerLALA

Oh man, isn't it? Just wait till you get to the Kingpin stuff. ;)

Oh I have just got to him. I remember that character from the 90s Spider-man cartoon. :lol:

SamMacs

I started watching it Friday afternoon and was done by Saturday evening and holy hell how I love this series. It's without a doubt the best superhero TV show and I think it must be my favourite comic book-on screen thing after The Dark Knight Trilogy (that may also be linked to the fact that Daredevil is probably my 2nd favourite superhero after Batman). I loved the story, tone, acting, build-up... everything really. And that fight by the end of episode two, wow. Just wow.

I'm glad that Marvel did it this way, it'd have been rushed on the big screen because I think that Daredevil is a character that really benefits from episodes, time is much needed to tell his story whereas Batman/Superman/Spider-Man need huge budgets in order to make them feel as "big" as they are. And imagine if it hadn't been on Netflix but on regular TV and ended up like Gotham, that would have been fucking awful ;)

I just hope that the other Marvel/Netflix projects doesn't delay another possible season of Daredevil that much but those shows could very well be great too (though I'm far, far from as familiar with those characters).

BadgerLALA

I finish Daredevil today and DAMN! I want more.

bollard_11

Finished it last weekend, thought it was amazing. Beginning my second viewing later this week!

• Like 1

Khris

Finished it last weekend, thought it was amazing. Beginning my second viewing later this week!

My god, there are SO MANY references I didn't even notice during my 1st viewing due to me paying attention to the plot and just looked for references the 2nd time around. But Potter having the Gladiator designs in his shop, along with Stilt Man legs. He's already making equipment for future supervillains. But the best references for me had to be the Elektra reference, Bullseye and the Stan Lee "cameo"

Have any favorite things about the show?

BadgerLALA

My god, there are SO MANY references I didn't even notice during my 1st viewing due to me paying attention to the plot and just looked for references the 2nd time around. But Potter having the Gladiator designs in his shop, along with Stilt Man legs. He's already making equipment for future supervillains. But the best references for me had to be Bullseye and the Stan Lee "cameo"

Have any favorite things about the show?

I looked for Stan Lee, were was he? I can't believe I missed it. :lol:

Khris

I looked for Stan Lee, were was he? I can't believe I missed it. :lol:

He wasn't in the episode in person BUT his picture was in the police station in either the 2nd to last or the last episode. It was pretty great. It's in the background but you'll see it when you see it.

BadgerLALA

He wasn't in the episode in person BUT his picture was in the police station in either the 2nd to last or the last episode. It was pretty great. It's in the background but you'll see it when you see it.

Oh! I looked for him in person :lol:

• Like 1

Khris

We got confirmation of season 2 the other day! I'm so pumped for it! And it's also the 2nd most pirated show of all time behind Game of Thrones so that's awesome. XD

And here is Stan's Cameo :)

stan-lee-daredevil-cameo.png

BadgerLALA

We got confirmation of season 2 the other day! I'm so pumped for it! And it's also the 2nd most pirated show of all time behind Game of Thrones so that's awesome. XD

What no way?! The second most? Wow :lol: I would call that a success :lol:

OMG Stan Lee's cameo. Not strange I missed it :lol:

Libertine Angel

I just watched the first episode, it's damn good.

• Like 1

colour_me_stupid_

Even if this show was crap I'd still watch it to gaze at Charlie cox :wub: but the show is fantastic :happy: I've watched 7 episodes so far

• Like 1

Khris

So looks like we're definitely getting Elektra for season 2. :D

• Like 1

inthehallwaynow

Blew through the whole season in a couple days so goood!

Silent Duck

Flew through all the episode of this in a week or so, thought it was fantastic. It's basically the exact opposite in tone to everything Marvel have been putting out recently, it's far closer to Nolan's Batman trilogy in tone than to Avengers/Iron Man etc.

Can't wait for Season 2.

• Like 1

Maddy.

OKAY THIS IS SO GOOD

• Like 2

bollard_11

Rewatching it at present. I missed so many intricate details and references the first time round!