Tre' is a brilliant album!

mrtdaddy

So three years later I have decided that Tre’ is the best of the trilogy albums. Uno has a few great tracks, a few good tracks, and some pretty bad tracks. Dos should not have been released; there might be a few okay sounding songs on the album, but as a whole, it is BY FAR my least favorite Green Day/Network/Pinhead Gunpowder/FHT album to date. I seriously respect GD for their ambition in the last decade, especially in putting out this trilogy. They wanted to put as many songs as possible out for US!!! They genuinely care about giving fans music and as much of it as possible. We as fans should not be angry about the trilogy. It’s truly awesome to put their selves out there like that. I dub DOS as their most experimental record to date. GD has dabbled in musical experimentation since nimrod, but usually only a couple songs per album: King for a Day, Time of Your Life (kind of), and Misery are songs where we began to see this change in GD. Heck, I would say nearly the whole warning album is experimental, as far as challenging their normal pop punk formula, which garnered them so much success in the 90’s. Dos, to me, is far more ambitious, to put it politely, than Warning ever thought about being. It’s sounds as though I am using the word “ambitious” as if it was a bad thing, but I am not. Warning MAY be my favorite GD album, which I know is going to be an unpopular opinion amongst fans in this forum, maybe GD fan’s as a whole. But Warning didn’t pay the bills. That’s the main CON of being signed to a major label, after all; you have to sell records, for crying out loud, or you won’t have your job very long, at least one that pays the big bucks.

Which is your favorite album from the trilogy? Maybe it's Dos? I'd love to hear why you think it's the best. Maybe, I'm missing something. Shoot.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all almost everyone here agrees that Warning is a great album nobody cares it didn't sell well.

They don't release music cause they "care about us". They release music they like and if we like it too that's even better.

"We as fans should not be angry about the trilogy". We have every right to dislike the trilogy because let's face it. It has some enjoyable pop-punk songs but that's something they did better in their other releases and some horrible boring ones. And to me the most experimental one was Kill The DJ which is a song I like but it could have a much better chorus if they worked on it more (that's the problem with all the trilogy songs actually)

My favorite personal would be Dos and that's an actual unpopular opinion :P

First of all almost everyone here agrees that Warning is a great album nobody care's it didn't sell well.

They don't release music cause they "care about us". They release music they like and if we like it too that's even better.

"We as fans should not be angry about the trilogy". We have every right to dislike the trilogy because let's face it. It has some enjoyable pop-punk songs but that's something they did better in their other releases and some horrible boring ones. And to me the most experimental one was Kill The DJ which is a song I like but it could have a much better chorus if they worked on it more (that's the problem with all the trilogy songs actually)

Yes, I do like "kill the dj!" I think lyrically all of the albums from the trilogy are weak, in comparison to their past material. What is it that you like about Dos? The garagey sound? What's your favorite song from dos?

First of all almost everyone here agrees that Warning is a great album nobody cares it didn't sell well.

Oh and Warning is great, but I'm a sucker for the acoustic guitar. I like how they mix the acoustic and electric together in that album. It seems less produced. And the drums aren't compressed much, which is awesome, I think. I like it when the drums nearly blow out my speakers, yet maintain an organic sound. Like I am standing next to the drum set.

Yes, I do like "kill the dj!" I think lyrically all of the albums from the trilogy are weak, in comparison to their past material. What is it that you like about Dos? The garagey sound? What's your favorite song from dos?

I don't think Dos is good for a Green Day album I just prefer it from the other two which i find extremely boring to listen to except from like 1-2 songs on each album. In dos at least there are more songs i can listen to without wishing they end. Yeah maybe it's the garagey sound and favorite song has to be Stray Heart although being a rip-off to mother mary turns me off :thumbsdown:

I prefer iUNO! but I like Warning also.

Demolicious versions of Uno songs, rock my socks off.

Show respect

"Do Unto Others as You would have done to you." You did not show respect so I showed a lack of respect back to you.

"Do Unto Others as You would have done to you." You did not show respect so I showed a lack of respect back to you.

I insulted the album. You insulted me. Difference.

I insulted the album. You insulted me. Difference.

I defended it.

I defended it.

You defended a critique of an inanimate object by personally attacking its criticizer. Sure.

Defending it would have been you saying "Warning is not trash, and here is why."

He did not defend his opinion, I don't have to.

You defended a critique of an inanimate object by personally attacking its criticizer. Sure.

I defended the band that made it.

He did not defend his opinion, I don't have to.

I'm sure he would have been happy to defend his opinion if you had attacked it. However, you attacked him personally so now he's busy defending himself.

Let's all start again. Harvester, why do you think Warning is a good album? :)

I defended the band that made it.

Green Day doesn't give a shit if I like Warning or not.

Green Day doesn't give a shit if I like Warning or not.

Billie Joe jumped through a window of a moving car to beat someone up for trashing his band... by trashing their album you have trashed the band so trash you.

I'm sure he would have been happy to defend his opinion if you had attacked it. However, you attacked him personally so now he's busy defending himself.

Let's all start again. Harvester, why do you think Warning is a good album? :)

It reminds me of people.

Billie Joe jumped through a window of a moving car to beat someone up for trashing his band... by trashing their album you have trashed the band so trash you.

That is seriously not something Billie should be proud of. Also, it is definitely not a reason to attack another fan for simply stating his opinion. It also does nothing to defend the album.

I would never defile our marriage in such a way.

Yeah only with me you would defile it lol

Archived