Billie Joe & Bill Schneider "Broken Guitars" Store

Sanity Loan

Green Day Frontman, Billie Joe Armstrong, Will Open a Guitar Shop in Oakland

Green Day's charismatic frontman is getting into the retail business.

Billie Joe Armstrong will open Broken Guitars at 423 40th Street in the Temescal neighborhood of Oakland, California, on April 3.

Broken Guitars will buy, sell and trade vintage guitars and amplifiers. Opening stock will include guitars from Armstrong's personal collection and average general prices from around $400-800, reports East Bay Express.

Armstrong isn't the first member of Green Day to open up shop in the East Bay; bassist Mike Dirnt is a partner in Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe, a restaurant with locations in Emeryville and Oakland.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Green-Day-Frontman-Billie-Joe-Armstrong-Will-Open-a-Guitar-Shop-in-Oakland-295708881.html

Who's going to this ?

Would have loved to go to this opening !

See above. Desertrose said she'd be there for the opening. :)
  • Like 1

http://sfist.com/2015/03/10/green_days_billie_joe_armstrong_wil.php

"Anyway, it's probably any major musician's dream to settle down and run an inconspicuous guitar shop near where you grew up, and it's exciting news for the block and for Armstrong."

This amused me because of the idea of settling down and running the shop...alas it was fun while Green Day lasted *sigh*

http://www.nme.com/news/green-day/83383

"Broken Guitars will open on April 3 in his hometown, Oakland, California. Local newspaper East Bay Express

reports that Armstrong will be opening the store with Bill Schneider, who plays with Armstrong in elusive punk band Pinhead Gunpowder. Schneider previously ran local music store Univibe, which closed in 2001."

Posted the NME link as it mentions Billie acting and the non-release of his movie in the UK lol. Basically as I said above a million different people are writing the same thing really for different papers/blogs/sites. No point in posting them but these two amused me a little.

This is a great article, different from all the others.

Billie Joe Armstrong Is Opening a Guitar Store In Oakland Because Of Course He Is

http://www.sfweekly.com/shookdown/2015/03/11/billie-joe-armstrong-is-opening-a-guitar-store-because-of-course-he-is

Great??!! You are kidding right? It was riddled with sarcasm. What has their wealth got to do with the opening of a new store? The entire opening paragraph about punk in the East Bay just so they could hint at Green Day being sellouts? Billie and Bill's store has ZERO to do with punk or Green Day. It's a store. They mention his movie but only to say they haven't seen it and "get ready for a cringe fest". Who makes a musical? Really now?! How is that relevant and aren't we over THAT yet. And finally mention Adeline Street only to say it's now ceased trading and how it was clear from an old interview that really Adrienne did all the work. What even is the point??!!

What I took away from this article is a dick who had the task of writing about the store and did so with super sarcasm and intent to make Billie look like a tool.

I agree, not the best article and yes now well written, but interesting anyway.

• Like 1

I agree, not the best article and yes now well written, but interesting anyway.

Initially I thought your post said "great article"? Anyways yeah in my opinion this is THE WORST i have read. If people want to be a bitch about Billie then do it straight up. Stop trying to be sly. It is low. It is petty and pointless. This business venture is a positive addition to the local area regardless of whatever people think of Billie's bands or past endeavours...or (please shoot me for having to even say this) his "wealth"! Lowest form of journalism.

• Like 1

Initially I thought your post said "great article"? Anyways yeah in my opinion this is THE WORST i have read. If people want to be a bitch about Billie then do it straight up. Stop trying to be sly. It is low. It is petty and pointless. This business venture is a positive addition to the local area regardless of whatever people think of Billie's bands or past endeavours...or (please shoot me for having to even say this) his "wealth"! Lowest form of journalism.

That's cause it's horrible to be wealthy if you have money you're just an awful human being to some people

• Like 1

That article sounded like a jealous rage. Any celebrity, with a brain, has side ventures. Billie isn't the first and he won't be the last. Why fault the guy for making money?

That article sounded like a jealous rage. Any celebrity, with a brain, has side ventures. Billie isn't the first and he won't be the last. Why fault the guy for making money?

Cause money is evil he's supposed to do music for free and do everything in life for free

• Like 3

Cause money is evil he's supposed to do music for free and do everything in life for free

I missed that part. I guess Billie and his family don't need to eat.

The worst part is I have seen of all the million articles about this shop opening and yet some idiot running one particular very popular GD facebook page posted THIS as being a wonderful article that they love (with love hearts and the works) and over 70 fans also love it. People read the damn thing stop drooling over the pictures fuck sake. SARCASM it's a thing. So is bitter bitter jealousy and this article reeks of it.

I missed that part. I guess Billie and his family don't need to eat.

Yeah he seems to just be evil in general...oh and talentless but that's ok cos he is a sellout who had other people run his clothing line, now has Pat run the record company he once owned and will probably have Bill run the shop. In short they are saying he is useless but a fucking loaded sellout but "yeah guitars". Hateful.

• 2 weeks later...

Tbh, I enjoyed the article... funny piece of crap. :D

And I do admire BJ for his ideas, for his power to do and try out so many things. He´s a workaholic, exploding energy. I love that! Wished, I had only 1% of his talents. Good Luck for Broken Guitars, what could suit him better. ;)

• Like 3

I sent a free BJ Guitar to the store along with a copy of my book and a letter congratulating both Billie and Bill on their new business venture. I encouraged them to use the guitar as they see fit whether it be using it as a fundraiser for their favorite charity, selling it for their own profit, or simply having it on display in the store.

I made sure that there was signature confirmation when it was delivered and after a few failed attempts because the "Business was closed" I got confirmation that it was delivered and signed by "W. Schneider"! Would've been really cool if it said "Signed by B.Armstrong" but I'm just as happy.

So those of you going to Opening Day on the 24th (according to the website) look for it! Take a picture for me!

Send a pic over to me on Instagram! @bjguitars

That is awesome. Wish I was in the area to check the store out.

• Like 1