Cigarettes & Valentines/The Great Divide?

blbrandonb425

So I was looking on YouTube and I came across something I thought was kind of interesting. It is a so-called Cigarettes & Valentines demo and I wanted to ask if it is legit. It is of Too Much Too Soon and at the end of the video you can hear laughing so I really want to know if it is legit because it looks and sort of sounds like it.

The Link: Green Day- Too Much Too Soon Demo 2003:

Pretty sure that's just the regular version edited to sound more like a low quality demo, there's laughter at the end of that too.

To me, it sounds like someone just took the original and made it lower quality. Mainly because the vocals sound exactly the same with no difference at all from the studio version.

There's also a so called "Alternate Version" by the same uploader and it sounds sort of the same. The laughter is what got me. On the official version, there is nothing like that whereas on Demolicious they messed around and stuff so it was bound to have that kind of stuff on it. Also, there is an "Instrumental" version of Only of You, and a "Unreleased" album called "One Track Mind" by the same uploader. Check these out too, they sound legit but they most likely are fake.

Green Day - Only Of You INSTRUMENTAL:

Green Day- Too Much Too Soon Alternate recording:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure these are fake. That "Miss Me When I'm Gone" thing is so undecipherable and from what I can tell it's not even Green Day, and everything else that guy's uploaded are just the studio versions fucked up.

BTW On that album "One Track Mind" there's a instrumental song called "Miss Me When I'm Gone." I wonder what that is 0_0 (Senseless use of 0_0)

Green Day - One Track Mind (UNRELEASED RARE ALBUM):

The laughter is what got me. On the official version, there is nothing like that

yeah there is, right at the end

sounds like the center pan audio was removed and added a filter, then added echo to left and right channels.

Almost as bad as when a guy uploaded this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmQehEtpyaQ

then when I called him out for it he deleted the comment section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMdqjZ9HYk

and in this one, he freaked out at me in the comments because he is "selling" the green day songs from his own website (changed the description).

Also, why would they bother adding the reversed drum effect on a demo? Definitely fake, weird what people will upload to try and get views :P

BTW On that album "One Track Mind" there's a instrumental song called "Miss Me When I'm Gone." I wonder what that is 0_0 (Senseless use of 0_0)

Green Day - One Track Mind (UNRELEASED RARE ALBUM):

That "Miss Me When I'm Gone" is a song called "Angel and the Jerk", a song Green Day did with Penelope Houston. The chorus is "You're gonna miss me / miss me / When I'm Gone." over and over again. I believe it was used for the TV show Friends... So while I was very excited to see some unheard Green Day tracks, I believe them all to be bogus.

.........Also, while researching this, I saw that One-Track Mind is a lyrics from "Suffocate".

That "Miss Me When I'm Gone" is a song called "Angel and the Jerk", a song Green Day did with Penelope Houston. The chorus is "You're gonna miss me / miss me / When I'm Gone." over and over again. I believe it was used for the TV show Friends... So while I was very excited to see some unheard Green Day tracks, I believe them all to be bogus.

.........Also, while researching this, I saw that One-Track Mind is a lyrics from "Suffocate".

The one good thing about this is that it's really easy to pick out the harmonies in Shoplifter :P

These people that upload songs to YouTube are try to pass them off as "alternative versions," "instrumentals," or "demos" make me face palm so badly. Especially when all they do is just mess with an EQ and a center channel filter.

Can we close this?

Well everything was fake, but there is an offcial wide mix of Prosthetic Head. It was released in a German CD Promo back in 1997.

Archived