Green Day Pilgrimage

tp1000hrs

Hey guys!

I am taking a trip to California in February and am planning to visit Berkeley to see some of the sites Green Day used to spend time at before they hit it big. I have already been to 924 Gilman Street, and visited the Pyramid Brewery across the street from it (nice place!). Does anyone know where the shitty old house that they used to live in is? Also, is Pinole Valley High School real far away from Berkeley? What about places in the songs such as Tight Wad Hill, Stuart and the Ave, or this facility at East 12th street? Any other ideas? The catch is that the sites all have to be within walking distance or a short bus or train ride from each other.

Thanks---

Tom

I think you're gonna have kind of a hard time with public transportation, considering how completely shitty it is in CA

Thanks for your advice, everyone! I will take pictures and post any good ones on here so stay tuned.............

• 1 month later...

I just got back from California....... made it to 924 Gilman Street, Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe, Fantasy Studios, Ashby Ave and the corner of Stuart and Telegraph Ave. That's all I had time for! If anyone wants to see pics I will gladly post them, but I don't know how to upload pictures. Can anyone help?

I just got back from California....... made it to 924 Gilman Street, Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe, Fantasy Studios, Ashby Ave and the corner of Stuart and Telegraph Ave. That's all I had time for! If anyone wants to see pics I will gladly post them, but I don't know how to upload pictures. Can anyone help?

Use imgur.com , once you make an account you can drag and drop the image files onto the site when you go to the upload area

I just got back from California....... made it to 924 Gilman Street, Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe, Fantasy Studios, Ashby Ave and the corner of Stuart and Telegraph Ave. That's all I had time for!

That's awesome! Lucky you. i would love to see pics!

That's so cool! You'll have to tell us what it was like, (Maybe even post some pictures, if you've got them?) I want to go to Gilman someday. I plan in the distant future to pay a similar visit to California, and probably catch a Green Day concert on the way. :D

That's so cool! You'll have to tell us what it was like, (Maybe even post some pictures, if you've got them?) I want to go to Gilman someday. I plan in the distant future to pay a similar visit to California, and probably catch a Green Day concert on the way. :D

See my previous post for the pictures!

• 1 year later...
33 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

Hey, I know this was more than one year ago but how was your trip!? :D I'm going to do it in a few weeks. Any other Landmark that you found it should be added to that Google Maps one?

Tightwad Hill is actually in Crockett, Visit Broken Guitars and 1,2,3,4 Go! records. They are across the street from each other. 

I used to live in Oakland, so ask away.

4 hours ago, greendayatx said:

Tightwad Hill is actually in Crockett, Visit Broken Guitars and 1,2,3,4 Go! records. They are across the street from each other. 

I used to live in Oakland, so ask away.

Thanks! Oh of course, a visit to Broken Guitars/OTIS now :D I still haven't sorted out this part of my trip but thank you very much for offering your help, I'll PM you if I have any questions :happy: 

I posted a relevant thread too a while back with the same title lol: 

hope there's some good stuff for you there too

Good luck with the pilgrimage! I did one last year and it was amazing. We had a car, but only one day so didn't see EVERYTHING I wanted to. But we did manage to get to Mike's café, Pinole, the Longview house, Tight Wad Hill (which you can see from the high school), Christie Road, the Berkley marina, Gilman, Stuart and the Ave, Adeline St... :D it was surreal and awesome to see all these places we hear the guys talk about and reference in songs.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to Christie Road today, is anyone planning on going by any chance??? I'll take an Uber if not. It'd be great to do this with a fellow Green Day fan :D 

Archived