What is your favorite Lookout era song?

peppermint butler

i sometimes feel this era was underrated :/.

my favorite song was probably i was there... yours???

Edit: And most importantly, why is it your favourite?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to Pasalacqua is great. 9/10

Paper Lanterns is also pretty good. 8/10

409 in Your Coffeemaker is right onnnnn. 10/10

Green Day is like hidden gold. 9/10

EDIT: YES 2,000 LIGHT YEARS AWAY. 10/10

My favorite Green Day is Lookout era. That's really the only Green Day I listen to anymore.

hupstar

Can't pick one...1039 has so many good songs. Kerplunk is awesome too, but my least favorite album by the guys. and even though I just said that, my choice is now "One of My Lies".

if i had to pick one it would probably be dry ice as well, though to be honest i'm not a big fan of either album

UGH this is hard.
On 1039/Sosh my top song are I Was There, The One I Want, and Only of You...and 16...ah fuck.

And on Kerplunk I'm pretty fond of Private Ale, One of My Lies, No One Knows, and Words I Might Have Ate

Sorry, can't pick one. May as well crucify me now.

I'm really loving the Lookout stuff at the moment. Going To Pasalacqua will always be the holy grail, without a doubt, but I love No One Knows, One For The Razorbacks (mainly because of the solo), 2000LYA and Christie Road. 2000LYA was my all-time favourite Green Day song for a long time.

If this thread's going to stay open it can't be a "list" thread where people just post song titles, so everyone please also say why the song you've picked is your favourite if you're going to post (I see most people are already doing this but just making sure). I'll add this to the OP as well :)

Ahh, the lookout era....my personal favorite. :wub:

It's so hard for me to pick just one favorite track but one that definitely stands out amongst the rest to me is Why Do You Want Him? That was my favorite track back in middle school when I first heard 1039 Smooth and it still is my favorite now. I immediately felt a connection to it and I love the melody as well.

One reason why I love their first two albums so much is because of Billie's awesome guitar solos.

Going through I didn't see anyone mention Words I May Have Ate. One of their bests in my opinion.

Only of You

The One I Want

Both underrated songs. I myself discovered them as really good songs with a nice sound. If 39/Smooth and/or Kerplunk would have been recorded with that sound, it would be liked by much more people.

One of the Razorbacks

Words I Might Have Ate

Really good (sometimes underrated) songs I love to listen to. Unfortunately the band rarely performs them

Who Wrote Holden Caulfield probably. Mainly cause I got an B+ on the academic essay I wrote about Catcher in which I quoted the chorus.

Oh man I'm not sure I can pick just one song. I like every song on 1039 Smooth and Kerplunk.

Ugh this is a hard one. I have three favorites, but out of them, I think I'd choose Why Do You Want Him?

It's my favorite from that era for a number of reasons, a few of them being (1) The overall message in the song, one person looking over another going through romantic turmoil, like a guardian angel. I can relate to that with my sister's shitty boyfriend decisions... (2) It's sound. It's got a rough, almost anxious, desperate beat, that goes wonderfully with the message Why do you want him?

I'm starting to babble now, but those are a few of my reasons.

Awesome idea for a thread, too! The Lookout era was underrated and overlooked after GD signed to Reprise.

Archived