What is your favorite Lookout era song?

peppermint butler

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really have a single favorite song in mind, though if I can name records from the era I'll pick Slappy and Kerplunk. I like most of the songs in there. Mainly because they're IMHO kinda more cohesive/solid. And heck, some of them are quite fun to play.

As for 39/Smooth, maybe Going to Pasalacqua, Green Day, The Judge's Daughter, Rest (yeah, I like it), At the Library. And as sappy as it is, the first half of 1,000 Hours (1,000 Hours, Dry Ice).

1,000 Hours - Only of You. Because it's amazing, I love the sound they had when they first started out. The combination of the loud guitar and that pop sound.

39/Smooth - Don't Leave Me, because it rocks and Going to Pasalacqua because it's such a good song it's still being played in sold out arenas around the world to this day.

Slappy - 409 In Your Coffee Maker because it sounds like something that would have been on Dookie (and almost was)

Kerplunk - My favorite Green Day record of all time. Id say 2,000 Light Years Away because it's a fucking classic, Christie Road because it was the most mature and heartfelt song Green Day had written at that point and Words I Might Have Ate because it's so catchy and not like anything they've written before or since.

• 5 months later...

Going to Pasalacqua 10/10 the GOAT Lookout era song, lets be honest.

HERE WE GO INFATUATION

2000 Lightyears Away, Who Wrote Holden Caulfield, Green Day, Dry Ice, 409 in Your Coffeemaker...I can't choose! These are all amazing

Dry Ice FTW

I just cant understand how someone can write songs like Dry ice and One of my lies and the list just goes on... especially at that young age. Billie is really gifted by god

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can relate strongly to the lyrics to Paper Lanterns , Only of You , Dry Ice and Christie Road 

In my opinion the run of tracks 7 to 11 on Kerplunk (One of my Lies, 80, Android, No One Knows then Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?) are the best sequence of 5 songs on any Green Day album! But as for a single song, well I adore the way Billie Joe sings 2000 Light Years Away, and love At the Library and Road to Acceptance for the way they perfectly encapsulate a mood. But if I had to pick one, would have to be Christie Road, just for all it represents to me - boredom, wanting to escape, angst etc., and when I listen to it I think of times in my life when I've listen to it and it's meant so much.

Archived