Kerplunk Cover Contest - Win a Kerplunk vinyl

Fuzz

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voted for you! :D some of those I couldn't even listen to completely, they were kinda gross to my ears. Yours was great though

Well thank you! But I don't think it's fair to totally insult the other finalists like that. Each of them put a fair amount of effort into their entries, and they should at least be recognized for it.

Well thank you! But I don't think it's fair to totally insult the other finalists like that. Each of them put a fair amount of effort into their entries, and they should at least be recognized for it.

There was definitely a lot of variety in style and sound. I said it harshly, but I was expressing how I felt.

I really enjoyed the Who Wrote Holden Caulfield Cover, it was my favorite overall, although I liked all of the covers. Everything fits in the Holden Caulfield one...

Just listened to all the entries, great stuff! My favourites were Dominated Love Slave and No One Knows, went for DLS in the end as it's genius :lol:

and a collection of pedals i guess

Not sure how much pedals would help with old school Green Day songs :P

Just listened to all the entries, great stuff! My favourites were Dominated Love Slave and No One Knows, went for DLS in the end as it's genius :lol:

Agreed I thought it was the only one that tried something truly different

Not sure how much pedals would help with old school Green Day songs :P

Flanger and chorus do help replicate Mike's horrible muddy bass tone though :P

These are all really good! I went with No One Knows but it was a hard choice between that, Welcome to Paradise, One of My Lies and Holden Caulfield. I'm impressed.

Glad I didn't enter. My acoustic cover of "One For the Razorbacks" recorded on a USB mic has nothing on these super-produced covers.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, no problem. Maybe the contestants who feel confident about their work can still share their soundcloud links here? Would be nice

We weren't planning to so feel free to post your entry. :)

Oh no, I missed the voting, idiot me... And I´m really down on my knees for all the talented people that you are! I listened to the covers and I´m really, really impressed. Simply awesome! I especially like Dominated Love Slave and One for the Razorbacks. GD should know about you and your passion for them.

Archived