Kerplunk Cover Contest - Win a Kerplunk vinyl

Fuzz

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a terrible musician, but I'd love to see an Android cover.

I'm thinking Android or 80

Sure, you can do the bass track! :D Thanks, but I doubt we'll win anyway, this is just for the fun of it! :lol:

Let's figure out a song tonight, so i can learn it and record it before midterms :P

Let's figure out a song tonight, so i can learn it and record it before midterms :P

Alright, sounds good!

how about if anyone wishes to send in .ogg vorbis ???

I don't care, but it's going to be converted to mp3 anyway when we upload to SoundCloud.

Sure.

Can medleys include songs from outside Kerplunk (and possibly Green Day) so long as most of the medley is comprised of Kerplunk songs?

Can medleys include songs from outside Kerplunk (and possibly Green Day) so long as most of the medley is comprised of Kerplunk songs?

No. Only Kerplunk.

So much for my Taylor Swift cover :(

Damn I wanted to see Ceadog dressed up as Swift

I would love to do a drum cover but I can never figure out how to get decent quality recording/videos

Audio is accepted.

Hi. I sent a video version at first but later I got a reply from Andres said you guys would likely do audio only. So, I sent an email with audio version of our cover. Please give it a listen and happy birthday Kerplunk!!

now i'm practicing for the song one for the razorbacks,....

i'm not really good playing guitar but i'll try....

kerplunk is one of my fav. album....for the music and the lyric it just great,it's really greenday...this album it represent my growing up...

about girl, love, about growing up,....

i just can't wait to see the entry...

I would love to do a drum cover but I can never figure out how to get decent quality recording/videos

if you have a laptop with a webcam you can google recording software, a lot of good software is free, and purchasable software often have trials you can try.

Hi. I sent a video version at first but later I got a reply from Andres said you guys would likely do audio only. So, I sent an email with audio version of our cover. Please give it a listen and happy birthday Kerplunk!!

Will do and thank you for your entry. :)

Well seeing as I dont play anything and Im a horrible singer, I wont be entering but I'll wish the rest of you who do enter good luck.

Can it be a guitar track layered over the song, or the guitar track by itself?

Can it be a guitar track layered over the song, or the guitar track by itself?

You mean use the original recording and just add a new guitar track? If so, no. It can be the guitar track by itself, but I really doubt it'll get you too far when other people do full covers.

You mean use the original recording and just add a new guitar track? If so, no. It can be the guitar track by itself, but I really doubt it'll get you too far when other people do full covers.

Ahhh gotcha. :)

Thank you.

I said that I'd never do another covers contest after the last one, but that's when I was an immature little bitch who couldn't handle losing. And plus, I just can't turn down an opportunity to get one of the two records I need to finish my Green Day vinyl collection (just need 39/Smooth after getting Kerplunk)!! I'll enter! And in the event that I don't win, that's okay; I'll come across that vinyl soon enough! :)

Archived