Kerplunk Cover Contest - Win a Kerplunk vinyl

Fuzz

Happy Birthday to Green Day's second studio album. To celebrate Kerplunk's 23rd anniversary we will be holding a Kerplunk cover contest. Think you can play "Dominated Love Slave" better than Tré? Prove it. Send us your recording of yourself, and your friends (near or far), jamming out to any song off of Kerplunk for your chance to win a Kerplunk vinyl. We'll pick our top 10 favorites then let our visitors vote for the winner. It doesn't need to sound exactly like the original, we don't mind a little creativity.
How to Enter: Send entries to theGDA@gmail.com. Upload to SoundCloud or send us an mp3.
Deadline: Entries are due February 1 at 11:59 EST. Voting will take place on February 3.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to be the first one in a new thread to answer to it. :D

By the way, don´t find a video. But your idea is cool, damn that I don´t play anything.

Great idea. Not a musician so I can't wait to see what the rest of you do. Good luck everyone!!

Hey!! I sent a video entry to theGDA@gmail.com

Are videos alright? Or is only audio accepted?

Hey!! I sent a video entry to theGDA@gmail.com

Are videos alright? Or is only audio accepted?

Audio is accepted.

Looking forward to hearing the entries! Such a great and varied selection of songs to choose from on this album.

I would totally enter if I thought I'd win, but I know I won't lol. Good luck to everyone who is entering!

Want me to do a bass track? You can have the vinyl, I'v got one coming.

Sure, you can do the bass track! :D Thanks, but I doubt we'll win anyway, this is just for the fun of it! :lol:

I might enter this because I have pathetically little vinyl, but I've never actually played anything off Kerplunk. Well, there's a first time for everything.

Archived