Lookouts material to be rereleased

Liam

I'm really excited for this. Billie does vocals on some of the tracks? Am I understanding that correctly? I really don't know much about The Lookouts (because I could never find their music) but did Billie sing for them on some of their tracks? I feel like a fool for asking, but I'm curious!

Normally I'd link you to a download, but we'll need to remove some of the songs now that Larry has made them available for purchase. If it's okay with Larry, I'd be happy to send you the songs that are not included on this re-release. I have the full discography, all the compilations Lookouts have appeared on, and a live recording. everything except for the 1985 demo tape- I was in contact with someone who was going to rip it for me, but when he went to do so he discovered that his tape was a fake.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My preorder has been placed! An LP and a CD for me- I've already got my Spy Rock Memories autographed :wub:

Billie mostly plays lead guitar, but if you listen closely, you can also hear him singing the background whoa-ohs on some of the songs. Often it's him and Tre singing together. Those recording sessions in 1990 were the first time Billie and Tre ever played music together. Then about six months later, Tre became a member of Green Day.

Which tracks feature Lint and Kevin Army?

Which tracks feature Lint and Kevin Army?

Lint played on "Living Behind Bars" and "Sonny Boy" and Kevin Army played on "The Green Hills of England" and "Red Sea".

I'm really excited for this. Billie does vocals on some of the tracks? Am I understanding that correctly? I really don't know much about The Lookouts (because I could never find their music) but did Billie sing for them on some of their tracks? I feel like a fool for asking, but I'm curious!

http://larrylivermore.com/wp-content/uploads/The-Mushroom-Is-Exploding.mp3 This was made public by Larry a few years ago, it's Tre singing at 13 I believe. "The mushroom is exploding".

I always understand "Was ist das? Was ist das?" at the end of the song. :D The song is pubertal disaster. :woot:

Cool interview and cool to hear about Billie's involvement! Awesome that the Lookout's stuff will be so widely available.

I wonder if the songs Tre re recorded will be included.

No- here's the tracklisting

1. Story

2. Agape

3. Out My Door

4. Dying

5. I Saw Her Standing There

6. Judgment Day

7. Religion Ain't Cool

8. Mendocino Homeland

9. Big Green Monsters

10. Once Upon A Time

11. Outside

12. Kick Me In The Head

13. California/Mendocino

14. That Girl's From Outer Space

15. Wild

16. Alienation

17. Generation

18. The Green Hills Of England

19. Living Behind Bars

20. Red Sea

21. Sonny Boy

22. Trees

23. Life

24. Friends

Tracks 1-4 from the IV Ep (1991)

Tracks 5-8 from the Mendocino Homeland EP (1990)

Track 9 from the Make the Collector Nerd Sweat compilation (1989)

Track 10 from the More Songs About Plants and Trees compilation (1990)

Track 11 from The Thing That Ate Floyd compilation (1988)

Track 12 from the Can of Pork compilation (1992)

Track 13 from the Lookout! It's the Lookouts demo tape (1985)

Tracks 14-24 from the Spy Rock Road album (1988)

I pre-ordered a green vinyl - I already have all the original LPs and EPs but wanted to support this, plus coloured vinyl = yum!

Definitely will be purchasing. We need more bands that sound like this or Lookout era Green Day. If there are any current bands that you know of that sound somewhat like this, please let me know!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Official release date for the CD and the mp3s. Amazon is almost sold out of the CD, but luckily you can still get them directly from Don Giovanni! http://dongiovannirecords.com/…/137-spy-rock-road-and-other…

· 5 hrs ·

Tim Armstrong looks over my shoulder trying to figure out how I do those rock star moves. - Photo by Murray Bowles, of course.

1606949_10153157472804604_85679208339188

• 1 month later...

So I went to the record store today, and the Lookouts album wasn't even on my mind at the time. I was looking through the punk section and there it was! I was so happy and surprised that the store actually had it in stock! I had to purchase it. & im glad I did. Lots of great gems. Some that stood out to me were That Girl's From Outer Space, Wild, and Once Upon A Time. I listened to the whole thing, all the way through and enjoyed every bit of it. I especially loved hearing Tre and Larry sing! ;) It's pretty amazing how talented the guys were at such a young age. I would definitely purchase this if you haven't already. Finding this album at the shop literally made my day. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got my vinyl and CD today. Is there anyone with both who can add these to discogs? I won't have time to add them anytime soon.

Archived