Lookouts material to be rereleased

Liam

The other day Larry posted this on Twitter/Facebook which was quite intriguing.

Writing the liner notes for the Lookouts double LP. Said I'd have them done by Christmas. Still an hour left before I become a liar!

When asked about it he responded with this

I think you'll be able to pre-order it sometime next month. 24 songs. What more could you possibly want to know?

I had a chat with Larry and he's told me it's a 24 track compilation made up of tracks from their albums, compilations and they were on and a demo from 1985. An official press release is coming next month.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't buy it 'cuz I'm such a sucker for original pressings, but this is gonna actually be cool! As far as I know, none of The Lookouts' stuff has ever been re-released, like ever.

Larry's been working on/talking about this for years. It's about time!!

I won't buy it 'cuz I'm such a sucker for original pressings, but this is gonna actually be cool! As far as I know, none of The Lookouts' stuff has ever been re-released, like ever.

Seems like it may be a compilation of the best 24 Lookouts tracks. If it was a re-release, he wouldn't need to write new liner notes

Seems like it may be a compilation of the best 24 Lookouts tracks. If it was a re-release, he wouldn't need to write new liner notes

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a compilation, but some reissues do have new liner notes!

Last I talked to Larry, he didn't even know where his copy of the demo tape was. Hope he found it! Can't wait for someone to acquire it and rip it, there are a lot of cool covers on it

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really excited for this. Billie does vocals on some of the tracks? Am I understanding that correctly? I really don't know much about The Lookouts (because I could never find their music) but did Billie sing for them on some of their tracks? I feel like a fool for asking, but I'm curious!

It sounds like that was the case. He also contributed guitar parts too, it seems.

I don't know much about the Lookouts either, other than it being Larry and Tre.

Billie mostly plays lead guitar, but if you listen closely, you can also hear him singing the background whoa-ohs on some of the songs. Often it's him and Tre singing together. Those recording sessions in 1990 were the first time Billie and Tre ever played music together. Then about six months later, Tre became a member of Green Day.

Billie mostly plays lead guitar, but if you listen closely, you can also hear him singing the background whoa-ohs on some of the songs. Often it's him and Tre singing together. Those recording sessions in 1990 were the first time Billie and Tre ever played music together. Then about six months later, Tre became a member of Green Day.

If only everyone responded to my requests so quickly :happy:

Shhhh...

He's listed as L on the catphone speed dial

:P

I was thinking it was either that or you're actually Larry Livermore and "Amanda" was just a dupe account that got out of hand.

Man, Larry must be a fucking psychic or something! Like, he's got his own set of spidey senses!

Spy Rock Road (And Other Stories) comes out also in music stores or only in digital download?

Spy Rock Road (And Other Stories) comes out also in music stores or only in digital download?

Digital, CD, and double LP. First 500 in green vinyl!

Digital, CD, and double LP. First 500 in green vinyl!

What?! You're telling me that it's NOT coming out on cassette and 8-track?! lol

What?! You're telling me that it's NOT coming out on cassette and 8-track?! lol

I already have it on 8-track in my Ford Capri Ghia.

Archived