Christmas with Green Day

Hermione

It's time to celebrate the festive season with some Green Day Christmassiness! What are your favourite Christmas related Green Day songs, videos, photos, performances or stories about the band? Let's share them and talk about them here.

I'll start with this heartwarming nativity scene they performed while touring the UK in 1991

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqkUvEggQxo

And some caroling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffHkFoVNaJs

there was a video that billie posted on idiot nation in like 2001? of him singing a christmas song. it's somewhere on youtube but i'm on my phone i can't post it.

Not Green Day but Billie and his family. "Little Silent Boy" The Boo. I friggin love this I wish they would record more. Adrienne is a kick @ss singer too.

I pretty much have itty bitty billie to thank for restoring my love of christmas. I think I was like 16 when I first saw these videos and I've been in love with the holidays ever since.
(part two is the best :wub:) You can easily see how his mannerisms carried over into his career. I fangirl over "I'll Be Home For Christmas" every. single. time.

Part 1:

Part 2:

I remember reading in one of the Green Day biographies that when the band were touring in England at Christmas in 1991 they spent Christmas Day pushing each other round the streets of Bath in a shopping trolley stealing Christmas trees from porches, and eating a giant Brussels sprouts omelette :lol:

not the best quality...

Sweet of him to play them down the phone for fans though! There's this one too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEK1ZI-dlnQ

I pretty much have itty bitty billie to thank for restoring my love of christmas. I think I was like 16 when I first saw these videos and I've been in love with the holidays ever since.

(part two is the best :wub:) You can easily see how his mannerisms carried over into his career. I fangirl over "I'll Be Home For Christmas" every. single. time.

All I can think when I see these videos is poor Billie :lol:

At around 3:00 in this video, Billie brought Santa onstage to sing. (This was my show. :wub:)

At around 3:00 in this video, Billie brought Santa onstage to sing. (This was my show. :wub:)

Hadn't seen that before, brilliant!

That was so cool! Especially when they crowd surfed him. He was a big guy.

• 1 year later...

Bringing this thread back! I'm watching this Christmas show, not actually very Christmassy but extremely awesome

Archived