Todd

Interview With Temporary Drummer Dave E. C. Henwood

Alf

the guys did an amazing job!

Have you asked them for the original interview in english, instead of translating it?

Todd

the guys did an amazing job!

Have you asked them for the original interview in english, instead of translating it?

No, I didn't. I fixed up a few really poor translations like "Lights 2000 Years Away" :P

Alf

I'll try and get it

but a mistake that a saw is on the line: "but I did not take credit for the amazing battery Tre Cool." - translating Battery and Drums to portuguese you get the same word (bateria)

• Like 1

Malleus

Neat. He seems like a good fellow.

Todd

Updated OP with the original English version

• Like 1

Sarcasm

so this guy recorded the drums for that song? I had no idea, I thought Kiffmeyer and Tre was the only drummers on the official records :/

Alf

so this guy recorded the drums for that song? I had no idea, I thought Kiffmeyer and Tre was the only drummers on the official records :/

I think he helped to create the riffs and not to record. He just rehearsed with green day for a while

• Like 1

Todd

No, he's just credited with composition for the song on Kerplunk

http://www.discogs.com/Green-Day-Kerplunk/release/706134

armatage

This was an interesting interview to read, thanks to the guys who arranged it! :)

I actually never paid much attention to song credits thus I never knew that Dave E.C. contributed to 2000LYA.

• Like 1

Slappy_1039

http://greendaydasantigas.blogspot.com/2014/12/entrevista-exclusiva-com-dave-ec.html?spref=fb

Green Day's Brazilian fan site did an interview with Dave E. C., who is best known for contributing to 2000 Light Years Away.

Head over to their page to see some pictures Dave sent too :D

Dude, can you say to me how did you get knowledge of this interview? I'm pretty curious about this! Haha! :D

Maid Meringue

I loved reading about the early dynamics of the scene, and the "punk rock supergroup". I'm a local band nerd in my own state, so to learn about locals that gave rise to (now) well-known bands, is exciting.

Also, I enjoy knowing that the road to Green Day's success wasn't so cut and dry. I feel like in 2005-2007, a lot of articles were like "they got together, played shows and became insanely popular" which is inaccurate.

Todd

Dude, can you say to me how did you get knowledge of this interview? I'm pretty curious about this! Haha! :D

Dave posted it on his facebook. I'm friends with him and a lot of other east bay guys
  • Like 1

Grinch

I didn't even know this thread existed until I found out it was the source used for Wikipedia on the Green Day page..

Private Ale.

Nimrod is not the worst green day album so wrong guess. Nice interview anyway.Brazilian green day fans are always amazing and hardworking ,love their work.

Insomniac1984

Superb interview!!

Congratulations!!!

WhiteTim
8 hours ago, Private Ale. said:

Nimrod is not the worst green day album so wrong guess. Nice interview anyway.Brazilian green day fans are always amazing and hardworking ,love their work.

How can his opinion wrong? 

• Like 1

Private Ale.
3 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

How can his opinion wrong? 

It's not an opinion ,it's a guess. He probably didn't listen to it.And that's only for me, nimrod is not the worst.

WhiteTim
5 hours ago, Private Ale. said:

It's not an opinion ,it's a guess. He probably didn't listen to it.And that's only for me, nimrod is not the worst.

He said he stopped buying their records he's still friends with Aaron I'm sure he's heard the rest of the albums in passing 

Private Ale.
11 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

2 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

He said he stopped buying their records he's still friends with Aaron I'm sure he's heard the rest of the albums in passing 

I rewrite my statement as " I don't agree with him about Nimrod being the worst."

• Like 1

Ham Pascale
On 15.12.2015 at 0:22 AM, Private Ale. said:

I rewrite my statement as " I don't agree with him about Nimrod being the worst."

I thought he was just trying to be funny or something, though.

Grinch

some how I knew that posting on this thread would bring a bunch more

4c5ad0f83286386c9614b67a9286ac86.png