More to Speculate - Who Inducts Them?

Chin for a Day

Just to give everyone one more thing to think about, who do we think, or want to induct them?

Personally, I can't decide if I want someone older and respected or someone younger, who they may have influenced. Some older ones that come to mind are Roger Daltrey and Bono, but Bono is an ass. Younger, I keep thinking someone like Lady Gaga.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just thinking of this — I can't think of anyone they've "influenced," per se, that the hall would consider worthy to induct them at this point in their still fairly young careers.

Yet, in terms of "older" acts, I'm unsure who loves them that much that would be a good candidate to induct them. Maybe Johnny Rotten? :P Kidding, of course.

I thought I had read somewhere that Gaga considered them an influence, which is why I thought of her. I know Roger liked the cover of A Quick One and he has spoken nicely about them in the past. Or, I almost thought maybe Iggy Pop would repay the favor, but that would be kind of strange.

I'd love if it was Lady Gaga, just so we could watch the psychotic fangirls get pissed at the Billie/Lady Gaga love fest and the "he's cheating on Adrienne!" rumors that would inevitably ensue. :lol:

The bands has a choice of who so it's not all forced on

And Guns n' Roses was cool with Green Day inducting them? Maybe no one else would agree to induct Axl Rose.

And Guns n' Roses was cool with Green Day inducting them? Maybe no one else would agree to induct Axl Rose.

Has Axl ever talked bad about GD?

Not that I know of, just very different styles.

Oh yeah lol

I know artists can ask for who or they can get a list of possible speakers they can choose from

Need to think about "older" artists who we know respect Green Day. Paul Westerberg, Alice Cooper come to mind (even if Alice has nothing in common). Maybe one of the members of Guns N Roses (Duff McKagan seems to be good friends with Mike in particular). Someone in another thread mentioned Bono as a "close friend" but doing one song with U2 doesn't make Green Day their BFFs. Bono is friends with everyone, I don't think Green Day are that special to him :lol:

I hope it's someone older and not younger than them. Dave Grohl would be a dream but I can't imagine why he'd do it other than generally being their friend for 20 years :lol:

Oh my god guys... Courtney Love :lol:

I hope it's someone older and not younger than them. Dave Grohl would be a dream but I can't imagine why he'd do it other than generally being their friend for 20 years :lol:

Makes him Rock Hall friendly when the Foo Fighters are up.

I would hope it would be The Edge from U2 or kris and/or pat smear from nirvana. Those seem to be the best collection of big names i can come up with in terms of being really good friends with them along with being pretty big fans of the band as well. I'd find it too good and odd at the same time if roger daltrey inducted them haha. Plus it should be someone who has spent a lot of time with the band as well. I don't think roger has hung out with green day that much as far as i know lol. Wouldn't mind paul westerburg, mike ness as well. But i doubt that happens and it's too bad they aren't involved more with the rock hall.

I wish any one of the Ramones were still alive to induct them. Imagine that. I would definitely weep.

Marky, although not an "original member", is still alive. But, he played on more of their albums than any other drummer in Ramones history including Road To Ruin which includes "I Wanna Be Sedated", arguably one of their biggest songs. He was also inducted with the other original Ramones members as part of the band (besides Joey because he had already passed on). I'd be very happy if they let him induct Green Day.

Maybe one of the members of Guns N Roses (Duff McKagan seems to be good friends with Mike in particular).

Duff played with Billie, Tre, Jesse Malin, and Tim Armstrong at Billie's wedding vow renewal thing this year. So he's definitely friends with all of the guys :)

Marky, although not an "original member", is still alive. But, he played on more of their albums than any other drummer in Ramones history including Road To Ruin which includes "I Wanna Be Sedated", arguably one of their biggest songs. He was also inducted with the other original Ramones members as part of the band (besides Joey because he had already passed on)

Road to Ruin is my favorite Ramones album. There are too many great songs on that!

Duff played with Billie, Tre, Jesse Malin, and Tim Armstrong at Billie's wedding vow renewal thing this year. So he's definitely friends with all of the guys :)

I wouldn't mind seeing Duff induct them, he's a great bassist that is certainly liked in the music community. Anyone else besides me intrigued and excited about the upcoming one-off Mad Season reunion for that Seattle orchestral event with the original members + Duff on bass and Chris Cornell on vocals?

I've also met Duff and got a picture with him, when the band Walking Papers did a free signing before playing the second stage on the Uproar tour in 2012 in Tinley Park, Illinois. He was a very nice, friendly guy, even when my mom said to him "I never liked Guns N' Roses, but I like what you're doing now better" lol.

5 Seconds of Summer!!!! I agree in thinking that Larry Livermore would be a great choice!

Unlikely, but artists I think would be cool to induct them: Bruce Springsteen, Dave Grohl, or Elvis Costello (At least he has some connection with the band, or at least with Billie.)

Archived