More to Speculate - Who Inducts Them?

Chin for a Day

This is one of the toughest speculations ever.... there aren't any obvious answers, just a lot of unreasonable ones :lol:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one of the toughest speculations ever.... there aren't any obvious answers, just a lot of unreasonable ones :lol:

How about JUSTIN BIEBER, lol... nah, never!! :P:eyebrows:

I was just thinking of this — I can't think of anyone they've "influenced," per se, that the hall would consider worthy to induct them at this point in their still fairly young careers.

Yet, in terms of "older" acts, I'm unsure who loves them that much that would be a good candidate to induct them. Maybe Johnny Rotten? :P Kidding, of course.

That would kind of be cool. Johnny Rotten gets up there and talks about how they don't deserve it, or even says that they do deserve it because the whole thing is BS anyway. He throw down the award and walks off stage. Green Day comes out and says they wouldn't have it any other way, laughing. Haha. Oh yeah: They play American Idiot and Haha You're Dead, dedicating them both to Rotten. Then They play It's F Time and then play an entire set, with crazy random songs. It's considered their all time best performance ever and come back for a 5 song encore. They end the set with a brand new song, and say something along the lines of "Just wait."

Now THAT would be awesome.

Rob Cavallo?

They usually go for famous people/celebrities/other musicians to induct. Rob Cavallo would be nice and appropriate but no one would care, so... wouldn't happen.

Could also be some random movie star who is a big fan of Green Day. They've had actors induct people before. Or Serena Williams. :lol:

Or Serena Williams. :lol:

Dear god no. Weren't you also the first person to bring up Courtney Love??? :ermm:

Dear god no. Weren't you also the first person to bring up Courtney Love??? :ermm:

Yes, I said it as a joke, although frankly it's more believable than a lot of the suggestions. She's actually friends with Billie Joe and has attended the ceremony many times before. She's also a riotous public spectacle and a trainwreck at times which draws interest.

Yes, I said it as a joke, although frankly it's more believable than a lot of the suggestions. She's actually friends with Billie Joe and has attended the ceremony many times before. She's also a riotous public spectacle and a trainwreck at times which draws interest.

Yes, I know it was a joke. But, I will be immensely disappointed if she inducts them. I would prefer Bono.

Mick Jones would be cool. No one knows who he is these days, unfortunately.

If anyone going to the induction ceremony does not know who Mick Jones is, they don't deserve to be there and should send me their ticket.

If anyone going to the induction ceremony does not know who Mick Jones is, they don't deserve to be there and should send me their ticket.

I'd be surprised if most of the Green Day fans going even knew, nevermind any of the other people. Green Day fans are notoriously awful when it comes to old-school punk.

I'd be surprised if most of the Green Day fans going even knew, nevermind any of the other people. Green Day fans are notoriously awful when it comes to old-school punk.

That is a very sad statement.

Don't you mean Mike Jones? Who? Mike Jones

Lol

What about Metallica? Remember how they filled in for Green Day at the Voodoo Fest? James Hetfield dedicated Battery to Billie and they covered American Idiot.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1696389/metallica-green-day-tribute-voodoo/

Plus, Green Day covered Hybrid Moments for Metallica's birthday.

It'd be a respectable, older, act to induct them as well if Metallica did it.

EDIT: Just noticed someone brought them up earlier. My bad.

While it's definitely a sorry state that Green Day fans (especially younger ones) don't know who Mick Jones is, it shouldn't matter. Billie Joe once said in a 1995 interview, when told "Your fans don't even know who the Ramones are"... and he said "I don't think they need to know who the Ramones are. I'm barely old enough to know who the Ramones are." And Mike talked about how he was in kindergarten watching Sesame Street when 70s punk was big. Kids don't need to know about the history of rock and all of its characters unless they are interested in learning about it, and they definitely can't be EXPECTED to know the name of every member of every band, however influential on their current favorites.

When I was teaching 10th grade, most of my students hadn't heard of the Beatles. (Most of them were Dominican American immigrants) At first I was upset and horrified, and then I accepted culture and time as big deals. Don't hate on 'fangirls who don't even know Mick Jones.' Tell them who Mick Jones is and then they'll have fucking heard of Mick Jones.

I'd judge any fan of music who didn't know who Mick Jones is, considering he was a founding member of one of the most influential bands of all time. He's also unbiasedly the greatest punk guitarist of all time. And that quote by Billie Joe is very out of context. Age of music is no excuse and hasn't been for almost a decade. You can find music that's literally over a hundred years old just by going on Youtube.

Don't hate on 'fangirls who don't even know Mick Jones.'

I never said "fangirls". No need to be inflammatory. I just said that most Green Day fans have fucking awful taste in music. Most everyone has fucking awful taste in music, so, y'know. Billie Joe loves U2 and Cheap Trick.

Well I assumed you were referencing the rappet

Lol yeah I know a lot don't listen to rap here so may not have gotten it lol

I know exactly who Mick Jones is but I'm not too fond of The Clash. But I love the Ramones, Replacements, Only Ones, Jags, Beatles, and of course one of my all time favourites The Cure. I'm not saying that I have the best music taste in the world but my point is- you cannot narrow it down to "Green Day Fans" have a bad taste in music because like every person, Green Day fans (they are people, right?) are all completely different, so one person may love Justin Bieber. And I'm sure majority of this forum would go nuts on them, but they'd still be a Green Day fan, someone else, like myself isn't a fan of The Clash, and I'm sure most people would disagree, that they are a great band. You cannot narrow it down to one fandom of thousands on this forum alone.

More on topic, I do think Mick Jones would be cool. Despite my opinion on their music I can see why they got to where they did and why they're still relevant today. Good band.

Archived