More to Speculate - Who Inducts Them?

Chin for a Day

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No no Metallica people well Kirk okay but James and Lars noooo

I'd take Bono over them

I will lose all faith in the industry is 5SOS are anywhere close to the induction, as the way things have been going I feel like they're going to try.

I definitely will be throwing eggs at my TV if Bono squeezes his way in there as well.

Marky Ramone should have something to do with it. I've met him and he seems like a good dude on-air and in person.

I know it isn't possible, but I'd like to see Michale Graves do it too.

OH! And I'd just about die is James Hetfield showed up. :wub:

Marky is a great guy but he's very private. I don't think he'd like the attention.

Paul Westerberg would be really cool.

For those of you who don't know, he is the lead singer/guitarist of Billie Joe's favourite band The Replacements. And an all round bad ass.

Paul+Westerberg+2014+Coachella+Valley+Mu

I highly doubt this, but I'm just saying this wild idea anyways...

Kathleen Hanna.

Really think she should have had a part in inducting Nirvana, considering she was a close friend of Kurt's, and gave him the inspiration for "Smells Like Teen Spirit".

But yeah, I think Green Day even had Kathleen do vocals on Letterbomb. XD

Either way, that would be pretty cool. :D Kathleen is also a fan of Joan Jett, whom appeared in her "The Punk Singer". Maybe she'll induct Joan? XD

This would also be a sweet opportunity to see Adam Horovitz. :shifty:

Screw Kathleen Hanna. What a stuck up musician who thinks far too much of herself.

No no Metallica people well Kirk okay but James and Lars noooo

I'd take Bono over them

Shit what the hell did James hetfield do to warrant that

Shit what the hell did James hetfield do to warrant that

The whole napster thing even tho Metallica was cool with bootlegging when they were first started hell in the cassette of their very first release had a "bootleg this we don't care" inside it but hey make some millions and hey bootlegging ain't cool

I don't mind James as much as I do Lars as Lars was the main one

Screw Kathleen Hanna. What a stuck up musician who thinks far too much of herself.

I only pretend to like her because of Adam Horovitz. :mellow:

Not that this would actually happen (and I don't really want it to), but it would kind of make sense if Green Day inducted Joan Jett, and Joan Jett inducted Green Day :lol: They're all fans and friends of one another.

But God, please stop letting Billie induct people. The man is not a public speaker.

But God, please stop letting Billie induct people. The man is not a public speaker.

I beg to differ [from these hollow lies]. I love hearing Billie Joe give speeches. He adds his own flair. Which I adore. :happy:

I beg to differ [from these hollow lies]. I love hearing Billie Joe give speeches. He adds his own flair. Which I adore. :happy:

His only flair is mumbling, saying "y'know", and rambling on for far too long.

What if Green Day inducts Joan Jett and Joan Jett inducts Green Day? :lol:

Is someone like Blink 182 not possible for some reason? It has to be an older/ more influential band?

What if Green Day inducts Joan Jett and Joan Jett inducts Green Day? :lol:

I literally just posted that five minutes before you :lol:

Blink 182 is totally possible, most of us are just wishing it IS someone older because it's more respectable...

Does anyone know when they typically announce the people who will be inducting the bands? Like, when did we find out about GD inducting GnR last year? I guess it could happen at any time, if we already know that Paul will induct Ringo (!), but if they have a harder time finding a good obvious fit for Green Day we might be wondering till March...

I literally just posted that five minutes before you :lol:

Blink 182 is totally possible, most of us are just wishing it IS someone older because it's more respectable...

Does anyone know when they typically announce the people who will be inducting the bands? Like, when did we find out about GD inducting GnR last year? I guess it could happen at any time, if we already know that Paul will induct Ringo (!), but if they have a harder time finding a good obvious fit for Green Day we might be wondering till March...

I emailed the hall and they told me a week before the ceremony. That is where they told me that Paul is inducting Ringo. They said sometimes there are exceptions.

So you mean to say we have to speculate for another FOUR MONTHS? :lol:

But also, shit guys, fucking April is only 4 months away.

So you mean to say we have to speculate for another FOUR MONTHS? :lol:

But also, shit guys, fucking April is only 4 months away.

Yes, as someone already said, this is going to be a long thread.

If someone from blink-182 would induct them it would make Brandon's (inevitably) $300 ticket worth it to him... Embarrassingly enough, they're his favorite band. :lol:

Okay, you need to link me to that interview, because I always think about Aaron Cometbus when I write lyrics too! :D:lol:

I was in In China With Green Day, Aaron mentioned it in the middle of describing being at one of the shows and singing along with the crowd:

I remembered something sweet but confounding that Billie once told me: 'There are two people I want to impress when I write lyrics - you and Bono.'

I still wasn't sure how to respond to that one, except to sing along.

Bono?

:lol:

It's so adorable though!

I think Blink-182 would be an awesome band to induct them. And after they induct them they could announce Pop Disaster 2.0!

Archived